[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, I've been thinking about getting a handgun for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1465761618471.jpg (315KB, 1542x1194px) Image search: [Google]
1465761618471.jpg
315KB, 1542x1194px
Hey /k/, I've been thinking about getting a handgun for self defense. I live in Philly and decided I should probably arm myself. My price range is around $600-$1000. Any recommendations?

I'm looking for reliability and enough stopping power that the crack hungry dindus that surround me won't give me trouble.

I heard good things from Glocks if that means anything.
>>
>>30343900
Glocks aren't the best for first pistols imo because of no external safety. Go for a CZ P-01/09, a Sig, or a Ruger if you're looking for a 9mm.
>>
Go to your local gun shop and ask about laws, I've got no idea about philly gun laws, so I can't recommend much.

Glock brand Glock is good, LEOs use them and it's one of the most popular civilian handguns in the US. Which means accessories are plentiful. Springfield XD's are good too, people either love or hate them, but they're fine in terms of reliability and whatnot. CZ's are good, I love mine, accurate and reliable in comfortable. Really just look at what they've got at your LGS and ask about the laws. Do you want to CC it or just for home defense?
>>
>>30343987
>Glocks aren't the best for first pistols imo because of no external safety
>because of no external safety
>Go for a CZ P-01

Is a decocker considered a safety?
>>
>>30343900
Go to a range and shoot some guns and form your own opinion. It can be a very subjective process. Glocks are reliable, simple, and low maintenance which appeals to new shooters, I own a 19 myself.

I would suggest getting something on the lower end of your budget and using the rest on ammo so you can get good.
>>
>>30343987

Confirmed as someone who doesn't shoot often, or maybe at all.

Who cares about an external safety? That's entirely a matter of shooter's preference. Not to mention that CZs and Sigs, more often than not, have decockers in place of safeties.
>>
Kahr in .380 is easy to shoot, easy to conceal, and is one of the few subcompacts I actually enjoy shooting. Give one a try at a range and see if you like it.
>>
>>30343900
Are you going to carry your gun or just have it in your nightstand? Regardless, I would still get a ltcf as they are good for five years and can save you from legal trouble
>>
>>30343900
>first handgun
You seriously can't go wrong with a Glock. Don't listen to retards who argue against them because they are just a vocal minority. Pick whatever size and caliber you prefer and go buy it. If you don't even want to bother deciding on that much, I'll make it really easy. Buy a Glock 19.
>>
>>30345471
Seconded.
>>
>>30345471
This guy's not wrong at all.
Personally, i would prefer something da/sa with a decocker to help avoid neglegent discharges.
Whatever you buy should feel good in your hand
>>
>>30345471
>Pick whatever size and caliber you prefer
I would strongly recommend against a Glock 40 in 10mm as a first handgun. Maybe later.
>>
>>30345738
why? if the dudes looking for an hd gun the 40 would FUCK somebody up
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.