[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a federal employee (national lab) who bikes to work.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 2

File: le safe place.jpg (179KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
le safe place.jpg
179KB, 1600x1200px
I'm a federal employee (national lab) who bikes to work. I'd like to concealed carry, but with firearms illegal at my workplace and no car to lock it in during the day, it seems impossible during the workweek. Have any /k/ommandos dealt with this issue? Is there any hope?
>>
>>30323929
Carry deep and don't let anyone know you're carrying.
>>
>>30323943
Yup and get fired the moment they find out, good job.
>>
>>30323943
As a fed employee that's a huge jailtime if he gets busted.
>>
>>30323953
Not to mention serious legal repercussions.
>>
>>30323953
get a car.

or
>>30323943
>>
>>30323953
>>30323957
>>30323960

Then you're fresh out of luck
>>
>>30323929
School, can't carry...

Bank, can't carry...

Bars, can't carry...

About the only time I even carry is when I only go to the gas station to get beer. Literally throw on my gun, go to the gas station buy smokes, head home and carry my pistol around the house for a few hours, and that's it.
>>
>>30323929
Solution : Stop carrying
Hard Mode : Tell you you have a permit and request permission.
>>
>>30323986
pretty much same, sept i keep something in my car.
>>
Aside from getting a car or finding a place to drop it off, not really. I wouldn't risk it
>>
>>30323986
>carry my pistol around the house for a few hours
Any particular reason?
>>
>>30323989
An interesting thought. Try this, OP
>>
>>30323986
I carry a tiny LRC in its holster, in my boot, at all times, and a gp100 in my car. The only place I cant carry is at work, wasn't even aware I couldn't carry in a bank. For anywhere else that I cant carry, I always have my bootgun, its like having my wallet with me.
>>
>>30323929
livermoore, los alamos, or kabq?
>>
>>30324024
Pic of LRC
>>
>>30324024
Depends on your state. Banks aren't universally off limits.
>>
>>30323929
If you have federal police on site, see if they have safe boxes to lock it in.
>>
>>30324006
Because I prefer to carry, just not allowed to carry anywhere I have to go. >>30323992
Fucking decepticons.
>>
>>30323953
>>30323957
>>30323986

Then decide whether or not your employment/career is more important than your right to protect yourself.

That's an intensely personal decision and some people would decide to stop carrying in order to pay the bills. That can make a lot of sense in some cases.

Or you can decide that you can carry deep and just don't be an idiot and blab to anyone. Carry a weapon you'd be willing to discard if you had to. Otherwise plan on the only reason any of your employment lexicon would ever find out about your weapon is if you used it to protect yourself and your co-workers from an immediate bona-fide threat to life and limb.

In which case you'll likely still get fired but saving people's lives has a knack of getting you out hot water, even if it's against the letter of the law.

The decision is yours, OP.
>>
>>30323986
In ND you can carry in a bank, so Kong as it isn't federally owned
>CC my 1911 into wells Fargo regularly
>>
>>30324006
Motherfucking decepticons
>>
I know that pain OP.

I carry everywhere but my reservist base. Which of course is smack dab in the middle of Somali central. Our Force Prot guys tell us about how there are known ISIS sympathizers there and they've had locals recruit for/go fight for Al-Shabbab.

Only place I won't risk carrying. I carry at college but that's only expulsion if caught, not a federal firearms felony.
>>
>>30324060
>Then decide whether or not your employment/career is more important than your right to protect yourself.
This isn't just him getting fired idiot, it's years of prison time and no more funs.
>>
>>30324099
to be fair, it is a base right? with an armory and shitloads of guns to fuck shit up, right?
I mean I'm totally 100% for people innamilitary to carry on post but it is still a base so you aren't defenseless, correct?
>>
>>30324114
It's a POG base. We have armed gate guards and that's really it. Even had Somalis "accidentally" zip through the gates in their cars, presumably doing dry runs for a potential future attack (per Force Prot). One tooled around the base for 15-20 minutes before they found him.
>>
>>30323929
I'm a fed employee myself, I hate that I can't carry to and from work because I won't risk leaving the gun in the car. That being said, job finances my fun-collection and TBPH terrorists aren't going to attack something like that. They want crowded places with easily dealt with civilians. Thats why these attacks happen in gun-free zones.
>>
>>30324171
besides, aren't most all labs within a base anyway, that has guards and shit?
>>30324136
god that sucks man. I figure they'd have at least one mounted M2 or a weapons locker with some old ass M16s and a 240 or something
>>
>>30324136
>accidentally
>not """accidentally""" getting shot for it
>>
>>30324268
Happened during a high-speed chase when I was at Offutt, actually, and I'm not entirely sure why they didn't do it there.

Somali taxi drivers even tried doing intimidation tactics to MPs who were in line to buy a soda at the local gas station while doing a perimeter patrol--with M4s, M9s, armor and all.
>>
>>30324182
>that has guards and shit?
You vastly overestimate the ability of a US military base to fend off an assault it has no indications about, short of certain ones with particular high-value guarded assets.
>>
>>30323929
Got an ass dont ya?
>>
>>30324292
>Somali taxi drivers even tried doing intimidation tactics to MPs
what the fuck did they do? the "i'm the captain now" shit?
did they think it would work?
somalia should just be a free fire zone
>>30324304
so basically the only reason the MPs at the gates checking IDs ever have guns is to make them feel better?
>>
Used to work in a prison, we couldn't even have guns locked up in our cars in the parking lot. Security would do random sweeps and your vehicle would be searched. Didn't ccw there, wasn't a way to.
>>
>>30324331
A well motivated force can accomplish a lot, especially with surprise and determination on their side. Guards aren't 'useless', they're just not there to stop something major. It's very unlikely anything really could save high value targets like fort knox.
>>
>>30324031
Or ornl, or Argonne...
>>
>>30324113
>prosecutors choosing to pursue a case where someone with a firearm managed to save lives
>grand jury actually sending it to trial
>thinking the jury will convict
Realistically if he stopped an active shooter type situation there is no way he wouldn't get off mostly clean. Likely to be fired which would suck but I would be he would be considered a hero and be able to find other employment opportunities.
>>
>>30324674
or, you fucking moron
>he sits down or something
>somebody notices gun
>herecomethemps.webm
>felonies, stripped of security clearance, pretty much unemployable
>>
>>30324752
Or even more accurately.
>Random piss test
>Observer has to watch you remove pants because they don't want you slipping someone else's piss in the sample
>sees gun
>says nothing
>After you're done pissing in cup, security is waiting on other side of door.
>>
>>30323929
Get into an "accident" that results in you getting a limb amputated and hide a gun in your prosthesis.
>>
>>30324752
Or its actually not a felony you fuck it's a misdemeanor also its possible to get fired not guaranteed depends on if you've been a shit worker and people don't like you, and since you've might not lose your job being stripped of your clearance is also not guaranteed. Source someone who works for the government doing something very related.
>>30324795
Not all government positions are required to have piss tests.

The biggest concern would be the random gate checks because if you are entering base regularly chances are you will be stopped and searched eventually in which case the above applies.

I don't recommend carrying on base though you'll get fucked if you get caught .
>>
>>30323929
Nope, get fucked.

Here signs don't carry the weight of law, so I just carry everywhere. Banks, churches, bars, restaurants, work, colleges, etc. Anywhere except K12.
>>
Make it an EEOC issue.

Provide security boxed in the building for personal weapons.
I need a weapon while traveling to and from my workplace because I'm a weakling and being outside scares me.
Go on the news over it. Cry when any one mentions things like daylight, wind, rain, strangers.

Or you can just quit and work in the private sector where you can be fired for poor preformnance.
>>
>>30323929
Most of /k/ dealt with this issue since most of /k/ is nofuns
>>
>>30323929
ITT: autism to get you unemployed in a day.
>>
>>30323929
What lab do you work at where you can have a gun in the parking lot? Do you actually know the rules about having guns at a national lab?
>>
>>30324463
or berkley, brookhaven, pacific northwest, or tons of others.
>>
>>30324426
Good thing military bases are gun free zones, right? Gun free zones are always a good idea.

Some of you guys are alright, don't go to Fort Hood tomorrow.

It pisses me off that it is at all controversial to allow soldiers on base to be armed.
>>
>>30326410
>It pisses me off that it is at all controversial to allow soldiers on base to be armed.
clearly you haven't met many soldiers
>>
>>30326032
>Or its actually not a felony you fuck it's a misdemeanor
Have you never seen the signs about no firearms allowed on a base, nimrod? Felony with up to 10 years, and tens of thousands in fines.
>>
>>30326646
Clearly you're comfortable being forcibly disarmed by a ridiculous law that will be immediately disregarded the moment that someone decides to start shooting people for no reason.

I for one am not comfortable with that. And I would feel much better if such people were forced to face armed opposition the moment they chose to start attacking people.
>>
>>30326732
It was a joke about soldiers being dumb. Relax.
>>
>>30326160
>EEOC

OP works for the federal government you moron, even if your suggestion wasnt pants on head reatarded, the fed would just exempt themselves from the rules.
>>
Dont carry if it risks your job/freedom.
Youre far more likely to get run over by a retarded driver anyway.
>>
>>30323986
In Oregon I can CC in a bar and a bank. And Privately owned schools.

Be jelly of muh freedoms
>>
>>30327820
I would be if you didn't live in oregon.
>>
File: fermigalaxy.jpg (2MB, 2123x3000px) Image search: [Google]
fermigalaxy.jpg
2MB, 2123x3000px
>>30323929
Is it at least the best lab in the world?
>>
>>30323929
>federal employees can't carry at work
This is seriously the dumbest shit that I'll never understand
>>
>>30327875
Oregon is pretty based. Well Central/Eastern Oregon is anyways.

Anything west of the Cascades is liberal shithole. With good terrain for camping and other outdoors stuff though.
>>
>>30327925
can confirm

I lived in Eugene and it physically made me ill with the hippie/liberal faggotry. Portland isnt any better.

HOWEVER, if you look past literally just those two towns. The entire state from east to the coast is based as fuck
>>
>>30324114
>not defenseless

Depends. Are you in a building with an armed OOD? Are you near enough to the armory to get a weapon and ammunition? Will the armorers give you weapons/ammunition? Are the armorers even there? What's the response time for MPs? Are the MPs non deployable tards that would shoot the threat and not you?

Ft Hood is the only big on base mass murder I'm aware of and it didn't work out for them.
>>
>>30327887
Most fed employees are not agents. Hell, majority are affirmative action blacks.
>>
>>30324463
Likely not Argonne. Illinois gun laws are shit.
>>
>>30327995
Not as shit as one would think.
There has been vast improvements, and, quite frankly, they are pretty good all things considering. Some NFA is allowed, like DDs and SBRs, CCW was enacted, wait periods and FOID sucks but it could be a lot worse.
Plus, I live in unincorporated county, so I can shoot in the yard and the neighbors can't do shit.
>>
>>30328025
I haven't lived there in years, I know some of the things you've said have changed, but not all of it, my brother got his CCW a while back and things have been improving. But still, get caught CCing without a permit at Argonne and you're probably fucked.
>>
>>30326697
That's decided at the state level anon. We do not have those signs here. 18 U.S. Code ยง 930 - Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities.
(a) Except as provided in subsection (d), whoever knowingly possesses or causes to be present a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a Federal facility (other than a Federal court facility), or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.
It breaks down to its only a felony at the federal level if you intend to commit a crime with it. If you kill people it's even more severe on top of the other crimes.
>>
>>30326697
To add I bet you have the laws to back up your claims yes?
>>
>>30328056
Get caught CC'ing anywhere and you're fucked.
But that doesn't stop me from doing it at the forest preserve.
Argonne is a lot more security-heavy than Fermi, so it would be quite bad there (quite a few DOD experiments there). Too bad Argonne is shit compared to Fermi.
>>
>>30328079
getting caught without a permit*
>>
>>30328025
>>30328056
For instance I didn't know about the NFA/SBR being allowed, or shooting in unincorporated areas.
>>
I dont know about your state, but in Utah employers are required by law to provide a place to store your weapon if they do not allow you to keep it within the property,

Talk to your employer and I am sure they may be able to figure out a solution
>>
>>30328088
But do IL CC permits allow you to carry in all the places another state might? I really don't know, ITT people have said they could carry at banks, which I didn't think was legal, but apparently only at non federal banks. I think Argonne is federal property.
>>
>>30323953
>Don't let anyone know
Can you even fucking read?
>>
>>30328088
>>30328118
I just read it wrong, correcting your post. Gotcha.
>>
my work attire is basically gym shorts and a shirt, my wallet and phone are noticeable in my pockets so there's no way i could get away with pocket carry.

it's my shit line of work. we even have the retarded 'no firearms, not even concealed firearms' stickers on the doors.

the police station is a thousand yards away and some unknown CSI shit is across the yard from where i work.

i basically walk around with a target on my back all day long. my only hope if shit goes down is running out the door and driving away.
>>
>>30328116

>talk to employer about guns
>get fired

even in gun friendly states, many companies won't even deal with guns, period.
>>
You're basically fucked.

My gf works for the Feds and they literally search her car on the way in every day.

I filled up a propane bottle for the bbq one weekend and forgot about it, and they freaked the fuck out because it was in her car.
Makes me super fucking pissed. She's got her ccw but can't carry at the place that's most likely to have trouble
>>
Other fed here working on an army base (civ)

This shit pisses me off to no end, we do so much fucking training about being vigilant and terrorism awareness and keeping classified information safe, but nope fuck you, don't bother protecting yourself from a physical threat, just pray the retard MP will come over with their minimal training and stop the attacker.

yes, I mad
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.