[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ommandos. Tomorrow I am finally going out to purchase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: America - Britian broship.jpg (232KB, 721x1027px) Image search: [Google]
America - Britian broship.jpg
232KB, 721x1027px
Hey /k/ommandos.

Tomorrow I am finally going out to purchase my first firearm. I've gone to the range a decent number of times (10+) and have more experience with firearms than the average american (that isn't saying much), but nowhere near any sort of gun enthusiast level.

Anyways, the weapon I am buying is going to be a pistol for concealed carry, which I'm applying for.

I've looked over my options, and fired a few, and I think I like the M&P Shield the most. It feels great in my hand (with the pinky extender on the magazine) and I was a pretty good shot with it.

However, I'm not sure if I should go with 9mm or .45

The 9mm, obviously, is easier to control and slightly cheaper, but is a lower caliber.

.45 is bigger and badder, but is the increase in power worth the loss of (some) control?

What do you guys think? Any /k/ommandos with experience in both to say which you like more? Or perhaps you are going to recommend a different (non-glock please, I was not a fan of the Glock 19 I fired) firearm, please do so!

I also, if you could, am looking for recommendations for inside the waistband holsters. If you guys know any good companies or brands to look out for, feel free to hit me up.
>>
>>30314223
Daily reminder that if you need to carry a gun for safety daily, then you live in a third world country
>>
>>30314561
It's the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs.
>>
File: 1465826641026.gif (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1465826641026.gif
3MB, 480x360px
>>30314561
Protection against the queen's ambition's
>>
>>30314223
Go with the 9mm imo, cheaper to train with and has some great loadings for it.
>>
>>30316708
Do you think the 9mm is powerful enough in a life threatening situation?
>>
File: dun goof'd.jpg (62KB, 736x493px) Image search: [Google]
dun goof'd.jpg
62KB, 736x493px
>>30316761
yes
>>
Modern 9mm ammo is just as effective as .45 ACP. Better to be able to shoot, control recoil and hit target than have the biggest caliber available.
>>
>>30316843
>>30316813
I think you guys are right.

9mm is probably best for my first handgun, especially if I buy high quality ammo.

Do you all have 9mm ammo brand recommendations?
>>
>>30316879
I use Hornady Critical duty.

it's +P so unless you buy a handgun that's rated for +P don't use it.

There's also Speer Gold dot that has a lot of praise from civilian and LEO usage.
>>
File: unnamed-6.jpg (39KB, 746x994px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed-6.jpg
39KB, 746x994px
>>30316879
I use normally use Critical Defense in my G26 and I just got a 19 and am going to try Gold Dots with it just for shits and giggles. Whatever carry ammo you choose run a box or two through your gun and make sure it likes it.
>>
>>30316931
>>30316908
I'll keep a look out, Thanks.

I hope the M&P Shield will take'em.
>>
>>30316956
Should be fine.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.