[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the ATF really a bunch of jackbooted thugs? Or do they really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: ATF-Agent-generic.jpg (115KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
ATF-Agent-generic.jpg
115KB, 1200x675px
Are the ATF really a bunch of jackbooted thugs? Or do they really mean well but they're just incompetent overall?
>>
Hey ATF!

shoot any good dogs lately?

dont forget to shoot yourself!
>>
I wonder if this will affect the Clinton investigation in anyway. If they recommend Clinton indicted, people will just say that they are incompetent and their opinion discarded.
>>
>>30262387
There was that time they rented a retail space, turned the retail space into an illegal gun store breaking the wall of the building and modifying the wiring to install cameras, then proceeded to have all the guns in the store, and their own full funs stored in their vehicle out front stolen with no camera footage of the theft. Then then refused to pay rent on the store, or pay for the damage they caused to the retail space when modifying the building for the sting because they are the law.
>>
>>30262387
They're an unelected government organization that has been given the authority to create laws by decree.
>>
>>30262464
Don't forget them pressuring a mentally disabled dude to do illegal shit for them and to get a tattoo of an octopus on his face.
>>
atf did waco
they are a bunch of jackbooted thugs
>>
>>30262427
They have nothing to do with the clinton case so I doubt they'd comment
>>
>>30262387
Both, except they don't mean well
>>
>>30262547
I assumed that ATF and FBI worked together on the background checks, which failed in this instance, and that might matter somehow.
>>
>>30262387
Translation: What can I post to piss people off?
>>
>>30262387
Incompetent jackbooted thugs.
>>
>>30262387
They're actually pretty good about tracking down NFA gear and returning it to their owners. They're just in charge of laws that are unpopular with the shooting community. Unfortunately, as the laws get worse, they're going to put more and more people in prison.

Honestly he gun community consistently fucks itself. 41F was aided by the fudds controlling machineguns and getting asshurt about people drawing attention to their old man's club. The Sig brace no shoulder fiasco was after literally stacks of fucking letters asking questions that were already answered from the butthurt SBR guys as well.
>>
>>30262387
Look at their own stats, only 75% of the arrest they make are prosecuted and then only half the arrests result in convictions. They have a horrible success rate. They're boobs.
>>
>>30262581
>I assumed that ATF and FBI worked together on the background checks
Nope the ATF has no part in firearms purchase background checks. NICS is run by the FBI.
>>
>>30262464
>>30262524
Need sauce on these
>>
>>30264069
http://www.jsonline.com/watchdog/watchdogreports/atf-uses-rogue-tactics-in-storefront-stings-across-the-nation-b99146765z1-234916641.html
>>
>>30262387
The ATF take it in the ass like an Orlando faggot swallowing bullets.
>>
They seem to be an odd combination of maliciously incompetent and well-meaning but understaffed, depending on what parts of the ATF you're talking about.

Generally, the trend among the enforcement-side of the ATF seems to be that they're power hungry assholes who are too incompetent to actually do anything right, so you get brilliant things like
>entrapment of a legally retarded man
>trying (and failing) to smuggle guns IN to Mexico without getting caught
>"accidentally" shooting people's dogs
>regularly harassing legal gun owners over minor things while almost going out of their way to deal with the actual sources of crime

The guys who handle the NFA applications seem pretty chill, though. I know at least one of them posts on here (or at least used to). A couple years back there was a thread from the NFA paperwork person
>Hey which one of you faggots put "Remove Kebab" under the "purpose" section of your paperwork?
>>
>>30262387
The former, although I hear the ladies on their phones are very nice and helpful
>>
>>30264027
>firearms laws aren't heavily enforced and when they are they are unsuccessful
Why is this an issue?
>>
>>30264153
Because they tend to target their enforcement on "easy" targets - which means instead of going after the actual criminals and people straw purchasing to sell to gangs, they're harassing legal gun owners.
>>
>>30262464
a few of those rifles turned up in cartel hands when bill was in office. . . but H.W. Bush was a company man so my guess is that the CIA does what it wants when its guy is in the big chair.
>>
>>30264153
It a problem because they waste money on investigations where there is little probable cause for arrest and the AG refuses the case. It's like they don't consult with the U.S. Attorney before making the arrest or even continuing with the investigation. I'd really love to see them prosecute more NICS denials where the denied is a prohibited felon. I'd like to see them chase down more straw purchasers, and I'd like to see them prosecute more street level gun dealers and felons in possession.

Instead they're running failed stings and wanting to prosecute bubba the local 70 year old FFL who made a single clerical error on one of 4000 transactions. This agency is a total joke.
>>
>>30264187
The 'purpose' of the ATF was never for catching big criminals, they're a tax collection agency first, crime deterrence is a secondary function.
>>
>>30264114
The people who handle the paper work are actually not agents, they're just regular government employees (some of whom have been caught smoking crack on their lunch break)
>>
>>30264114
>>Hey which one of you faggots put "Remove Kebab" under the "purpose" section of your paperwork?
Yeah he was like, "you can put any reason you want for the purpose but this isn't gonna fly."
>>
>>30264187
not to mention no knock raids that kill people on both sides for a suspected technicality. fuck the abuse of the ATF by assholes, and the chicken shits afraid to reign them in because the left will blame the next shooting on them. I feel like i've got nothing but bad choices politically: it's either self serving assholes, cowards, or commies. . . at least the asshole is a moderate Washington outsider this time (who still supports expanding gun control, and corporate welfare/protectionism) I feel like the guys voting for Andrew Jackson because everyone else is a lying fuck, at least this guy wont take any shit.
>>
Bunch of faggots who only follow orders and dont care about the constitution or bill of rights.

a step below a souless mercenary group

incompetent bullies
>>
>>30264219
Law enforcement has been the primary duty of the agency for more than 45 years. If you can't get your shit together after 45 years and two full work generations of employees, then, you're a failed agency,.
>>
imagine if you could still smoke on the plane
>>
>>30264275
>Bunch of faggots who only follow orders and dont care about the constitution or bill of rights.

This describes 97% of the cops I've worked with. They almost pride themselves on how many 1983 lawsuits they've been hit with. If those with arrest powers were forced, as a condition of certification and employment, to carry 1983 liability insurance - the bad cops would be gone in about 2 years when they could not longer get liability coverage.
>>
>>30262387
>>
File: here we go ..jpg (31KB, 624x416px) Image search: [Google]
here we go ..jpg
31KB, 624x416px
if they meant well they would stop making excuses to arrest my civilians. no these are political terrorists.
>>
>>30262387

yes

some years ago in syracuse NY the ATF waited for a gunstore owner to go on vacation, then destroyed his front door to look for evidence of wrongdoing. then when they found nothing they left a note saying "nothing taken" so all his inventory was basically out in the open for days.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.