[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any reason why I shouldn't get a .40S&W pistol?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: fightfor15.jpg (176KB, 1023x440px) Image search: [Google]
fightfor15.jpg
176KB, 1023x440px
Is there any reason why I shouldn't get a .40S&W pistol?

9/10 times they are $100 cheaper than 9mm and .45

Explain and inform me of .40 handguns plz

Pic unrelated
>>
>>30231620
They're alright. They'll kill someone just as dead as any other round and they are cheaper.

You'll just be made fun of on /k/ because they're a bunch of summer fag meme spouters.
>>
>>30231667
idiots are around all year long
>>
>>30231683
I'll never miss a chance to call out the summer day/k/are though
>>
The only thing I'd worry about is availability of .40 over 9mm. I know it's pretty common now but idk, some calibers come and go with trends. Good luck with whatever you choose.
>>
IMO, the real advantage for .40 S&W is for designing the mags.

Look at the geometry of the casing:

Neck diameter .423 in (10.7 mm)
Base diameter .424 in (10.8 mm)
Rim diameter .424 in (10.8 mm)

This means that the magazine does not need an excessive curve or a tilting follower.
>>
I shot a .40 pistol and hated it
I love shooting my 9mm pistol

rent the gun you want to get. Shoot it. If you like it, get it.
>>
>>30231620
>9/10 times they are $100 cheaper than 9mm and .45
this small price difference means nothing when compared to the cost of ammo
>>
>>30231708
+1 for renting. It's a small price to pay to know what you really like. I thought I wanted a Berretta 92 cuz le military issue but I ended up with my Glocknado 19.
>>
>>30231724
>Get .40 S&W handgun for $100 less than a 9mm or .45
>spend $100 on ammo
>price per round is no longer a factor
>>
>>30231620
If you get a glock 23 you can get a 9mm barrel and slide for it later down the line since they share the same frame, so there is that.
>>
>>30231620
I've got a Browning hi-power in .40.

Problems with the .40:
1. More expensive than 9mm
2. Subjective, but I consider the sharp recoil of the .40 particularly annoying. I have no problem shooting magnum revolvers.
3. If you reload, cases that have been fired in many guns will have expanded too much at the base for reliable chambering.

Upsides:
It's more powerful for defense, but that may be a small advantage when one considers that a 9mm will hold more rounds and one can get back on target faster.

I'm probably going to put a custom 9mm barrel in my .40 when I can afford one.
>>
In my experience it is inaccurate compared to a 9mm or 45acp out of a handgun. Probably better out of a carbine but I won't ever buy a .40
>>
>>30231620
>less capacity than 9mm
>more felt recoil than 9mm
>ammo is more expensive than 9mm
>negligible increase in performance compared to 9mm
>>
>>30231745
oh wow 4-6 boxes of 40 thats like 300 rounds aka 1 range trip
what happens when that runs out?
if you shoot regularly you realize the gun is the cheapest expense
>>
>>30231745
>$100 in ammo
>I'm set for life
The .40 is perfect for people like you.
>>
>>30231797
>he doesn't buy a gun that shoots steel cased ammo

You can get 500 rds of .40 for $124

Check yourself.
>>
>>30231826
fuck it we tried
>>30231816
is right go get your 40
>>
>>30231695

I recall post Sandy Hook, where most everything was gone, there was still .40S&W on the shelves. I own a couple of handguns in .40S&W as well as pretty much all of the common handgun calibers. Its nice to not have to worry about ammunition availability.
>>
>>30231789
>in my experience it is inaccurate
That is you, not the gun nor the ammo, .40 is one of the most inherently accurate pistol rounds on the market.
>>
>>30231724
I can get .40 for 20-21 cents per round, any grain weight.
9mm is only cheaper if you shoot 115 grain bullshit, 124 grain is 19-22 cents per round, 147 is 20-30 cents per round.
>>
File: sweater.jpg (8KB, 215x235px) Image search: [Google]
sweater.jpg
8KB, 215x235px
>>30232023
Did you source that straight out of your ass? You did, didn't you? You sourced it out of your ass.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.