[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it a bad idea to have multiple carry guns and rotate through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: Walther-PPS-M2_01.jpg (148KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Walther-PPS-M2_01.jpg
148KB, 1080x720px
Is it a bad idea to have multiple carry guns and rotate through them? I have a Glock 43 and am thinking of getting a Walther PPS M2 because I think it looks cool and so that I can change it up once in a while. However, my buddy mentioned that it might be a bad idea to have multiple carries since when shit hits the fan, your muscle memory might go to shit when the controls and feel on your gun changes all the time... thoughts from /k/ on this?
>>
>>30229489

Its the Walther ??$ you shitlord.
>>
>>30229489
if you want to
if its comfortable
if its accessible
if its lighter than having a magazine extra
if you want to
>>
>>30229927
TBV pls
>>
No. A lot of people do because like with cars, people get bored with driving the same one over and over again.
>>
>>30229489
Most people at least have a summer and winter carry gun. Some people also have a wilderness carry gun in a more powerful caliber. Aside from that, there's nothing wrong with it, but the person who can instinctively shoot with his carry gun has an advantage over the person who carries a different gun each day and forgets to sweep off the safety when he actually ends up drawing because his other carry gun doesn't have a manual safety.
>>
File: 1464816633444.jpg (179KB, 643x895px) Image search: [Google]
1464816633444.jpg
179KB, 643x895px
>>30229489
I understand the logic, but I don't think it's a problem. I do it.

As long as you practice with, and are comfortable with each, I think it's fine.
>>
>>30229489

>However, my buddy mentioned that it might be a bad idea to have multiple carries since when shit hits the fan, your muscle memory might go to shit when the controls and feel on your gun changes all the time... thoughts from /k/ on this?

I had this happen to me during training.
We had those things where it projects a scenario on a screen, and you use a gun that's been changed to have a laser.
Forget what its called.

Anyway, the training gun was exactly like my duty gun, except it had a trigger about twice as heavy.
When I was in my first shoot scenario, I tried to head shot a guy who was hiding behind a hostage, and spaghetti'd all over the place because my gun didn't fire.
Then I realized the trigger was just heavier.

So I use the same gun for duty and carry.
In fact, I hardly ever shoot other pistols.
>>
>>30229489
>it looks cool
>so I can change it up

You sound like a bitch that carries a gun to stroke your ego
>>
>>30229489
Kind of pointless but if it's the only way you can carry go ahead. Having two guns of identical size and caliber but different control (eg a PPS M1 and G43) would be kind of dumb.
>>
Semi-related question: would it be more viable to carry two guns with an extra mag each, or one gun with 2-3 extra mags? I like the the idea of having more ammo, but I also like the idea of being able to arm someone else I know and trust/being able to have a backup in case of loss or failure of one gun.
>>
>>30232135
and you live currently in which action movie?
>>
>>30232159
Tango and Cash
>>
>>30232185
5 rounds of 38spc is more than enough for whatever you will encounter on the street
>>
>>30229489
I avoid it except for when I need to carry a smaller gun or can carry a larger gun, or in transitional periods when I'm replacing the gun I carry with something different.
>>
>>30232185
>>30232275
Bad Boys 1 for me. Think Mike Lowry carries two guns in that.
>>
>>30229927
dumblr
>>
>>30229489
>Is it bad to have multiple guns
>ftfy
>youmustbenewhere.jpg
>>
>>30229489
Neither guns have safetys..what could you really forget just pull trigger and boom.
>>
As long as both guns have the same type of controls it shouldn't be an issue.
I have a CCW for work and then one for when I'm not at work.
One has a safety and the other does not so that's a problem.
>>
>>30232135
>but I also like the idea of being able to arm someone else I know and trust/being able to have a backup in case of loss or failure of one gun.

Here's a better way of doing this
>get family member or close friend into guns
>help him/her train to be more competent with firearms
>get them to start carrying
>practice together with small team tactics

Someone who has never shot a gun and is given one out of nowhere in a critical situation will only make them a liability and not an asset.
>>
>>30229489
PPS is a much nicer shooting gun than the 43.

I have multiple carry guns but it's for different things. Exercising, cycling, trail running, I take the PPS. When I want more firepower or have the clothing to cover it, I carry the 229. I had a .44mag for backpacking but honestly it was so damn heavy that I got rid of it.
>>
>>30229489
I'd try to stick with a similar grip angle is all. I wouldn't switch back and for between a Steyr and an HK for example.
>>
File: 1457048673109.jpg (182KB, 1152x768px) Image search: [Google]
1457048673109.jpg
182KB, 1152x768px
>>30229489
I do that sometimes. I think its better than always sticking with just one and not being open to change. Really it depends on the weather, what im wearing, what im doing and what im feeling like. I wouldn't recommend going from striker fired to DA/SA 3 times a week, but if you get bored and want to try something new for a while then experiment
>>
File: bulldog.jpg (293KB, 1600x1028px) Image search: [Google]
bulldog.jpg
293KB, 1600x1028px
Manhunter
>>
>>30232135
stupid idea.
youre giving a stranger a gun on the off chance you'll have a silent bro code agreement to take down a shooter. even if he agrees with you, even if hes not a terrible shot, even if he doesnt run away with your gun, he'll probably blame it on you to the cops if anything goes wrong
>this wacko gave me a gun while some other wacko was shooting up the place
just stick to keeping yourself armed
>>
>>30231406
this is very important. Heed this man's reasoning anons
>>
>>30229489
I've had some interesting fumbles switching between different guns in my collection. Shit like missing magazine releases and slide stops, and accidentally activating slide mounted safeties. It's especially hard going from German style paddle mag releases and button mag releases since I activate one with my index finger and the other with my thumb.

If you're honestly concerned about self defense it makes sense to pick one gun and stick with it.
>>
I see a lot of people here carrying different guns in different seasons, but my 6'1" ass carries the same full sized k-frame even if it's 110 out. Not only is it the only thing I carry, it's the only gun I shoot anymore.
>>
>>30234484
To be fair to him, he said someone he knows and trusts, not a stranger. Even so...
>>
>>30232768
Mag release right?
>>
>>30232135
>arm another person
The only reason to carry another firearm on your body is if you're fiending to be louis awerbuck.
>>
>>30231488
Kinda want
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.