[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we all know that the Irish are excellent fighters. High pain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 1465574672103.gif (2MB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
1465574672103.gif
2MB, 300x226px
So we all know that the Irish are excellent fighters. High pain tolerance, angry, deep seated inferiority complex that causes them to crave fisticuffs like a Jew lusts for gold.

But are they good at war?

This is a historical question that I'm asking on /k/ because /his/ are a bunch of Marxist faggots.

I know that it took the English hundreds of years to conquer them and Ireland is practically in their backyard. What wars have they fought in the modern era? Didn't a bunch of Irish sign up with England in WW2?

What is their reputation in the US military? Are they good infantry, good tankers, good officers?

Are they good sharpshooters? Are they good engineers?

This is a serious question not a /pol/ thread mods please relax.
>>
nobody cares o'connor, go get your ass beat at the pub and contemplate life from the dumpster you sleep in
>>
>>30229032
>What wars have they fought in the modern era?
The Irish were fighting against the English for independence up through the 1920s. Then there was the Depression, WWII, and the Cold War. That doesn't leave a lot of time for fighting random wars.
>>
File: 1465407805120.png (238KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
1465407805120.png
238KB, 400x350px
>>30229043
>>
File: backend-ira.jpg (21KB, 600x424px) Image search: [Google]
backend-ira.jpg
21KB, 600x424px
>>30229032
They're good at guerilla warfare...
>>
>>30229043
Fucking Protesters ruined Ireland
>>
>>30229032
If the experience of the Union Army with Irish immigrants is anything to go on, the Irish are decent fighters, but poor soldiers. When they were put into their own units (69th, most notably) and commanded by their own, they were somewhat capable.

Not really that notable, really. It is like people are just people, no matter where you find them.
>>
(Citation fucking needed)

Only thing Irish people are good at is talking about how Irish they are.
>>
>>30232044
Fuck off. We're great at boozing.
>>
>>30229032
I look forward to a 100+ reply thread full of butthurt Irish/Irish Americans, Brits, and propaganda music.
>>
>>30232128
Let's just tie a potato to a string and drag it around, thanks for coming out.
>>
>>30229089
No.
>>
>>30229089

Define "good". They blew up too many catholic children for me to call them professionals.

They are a good illustration of why an insurgency at home is a giant fucking headache that every government should avoid like the plague.
>>
>>30229032
>What is their reputation in the US military? Are they good infantry, good tankers, good officers?
They don't have one. There are plenty of micks that harp on about muh Irish heritage, but they are particularly good at anything, at least not enough to develop a cogent stereotype.
>Are they good sharpshooters? Are they good engineers?
They (Irish rangers) won that sniper competition a few years ago. Other than that, there's nothing to be said either way.
>>
>>30232286
>They blew up too many catholic children
that's not possible
>>
>>30232044
No that's Boston Irish
>>
>>30229032
Hard to qualify.
At a certain point being "good" at war isn't as meaningful as "willing to keep fucking doing it for 30+ years".
>>
>>30229032
>High pain tolerance, angry, deep seated inferiority complex that causes them to crave fisticuffs like a Jew lusts for gold.

That can all be attributed to drunkenness.
>>
>>30232465
There's actually a thing with the pain tolerance. Gingers feel less pain on average than others. I've been with 4 redheads that didn't mind getting slapped and choked..
>>
File: irish-need-not-apply.jpg (34KB, 290x450px) Image search: [Google]
irish-need-not-apply.jpg
34KB, 290x450px
fucking drunken blarney kissers can eat my asshole

lazy irishman is redundant
>>
>>30232339

Calm down there, Paisley. You can scream about Popery as loudly as you like, but Elizabeth-sama will still never notice you.
>>
>>30229032
>What is their reputation in the US military? Are they good infantry, good tankers, good officers?

Good infantry? That don't fight?

Good tankers? That don't exist?
>>
>>30232742
>Good officers? That can't read?
>>
do "DEE IREESH" have a gun culture ? They have that armalite song and other bullshit but i guess i mean gun clubs like the bongs have.

Imagine ol sheamus with his ballyblaster and cabi hat shooting...cans? clays? long range?

I can't picture it like some ol bong shooting club.
>>
>>30229032
I see. So, potatoes are like, their Kryptonite amirite gays?
>>
>>30229089
>good guerilla fighters
>still can't unite Ireland
getting mixed signals here
>>
>>30232162
Kek
>>
>>30232410
No that's "Plastic Paddy" no matter the area in America there is a guy claiming to be "Irish" because his great great grandma sucked off Paddy O'fea.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.