[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would this strange Brit modded rifle be legal in NY and California?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 14

File: Cali legal ar-15s.jpg (39KB, 640x611px) Image search: [Google]
Cali legal ar-15s.jpg
39KB, 640x611px
Would this strange Brit modded rifle be legal in NY and California?

It uses the first trigger pull to fire and eject; the second to chamber the next round. This means it is not *self loading* in under UK law, hence legal.

But is that semi auto under US/states law/s? If not then surely its a better alternative to bullet buttons and funky stocks.
>>
nobody cares califag
>>
File: 1274683412425.jpg (23KB, 700x195px) Image search: [Google]
1274683412425.jpg
23KB, 700x195px
https://youtu.be/vRZmSsPRAN4?t=30s

This video explains the cycling in more detail.
>>
>>30228647
You will care if Hillary gets elected.
>>
>>30228731
Will not. I have no intention of following such blatanly stupid bullshit.
>>
>>30228647

Jesus christ using a tripcode when nobody gives a shit who you are
>>
>>30228622
Question, why don't they bridge with the buffer there?

Makes no difference in function but aesthetically be an improvement in my opinion.
>>
>>30229014
>Question, why don't they bridge with the buffer there?

turns it into a thumbhole stock. dunno why the british do it though.
>>
>>30229739

I'm pretty sure there's no gay law like this in Britain, your gun looks normal but it has that button
>>
File: Rimfire Magic Revolution.jpg (12KB, 450x197px) Image search: [Google]
Rimfire Magic Revolution.jpg
12KB, 450x197px
>>30229739
In the UK the rifled gun restrictions are:
>must be min 12" barrel, 24" OAL
>must be manual action unless .22 rimfire

That's it.
>>
File: SCR.png (2MB, 2047x1228px) Image search: [Google]
SCR.png
2MB, 2047x1228px
>>30228622
>surely its a better alternative to bullet buttons and funky stocks
You act as if the Brits wouldn't go for semi-auto rifles if they could, even if it entailed rifle grips only, or pistol grips with fixed mags.

>>30229014
Thumbhole stocks are verboten in the People's Republic Of California
>>
>>30230296
Hate all you want

But i for one think that thing looks awesome!
>>
>>30230296
The gun in the video is almost as fast as a semi auto, can have a 12" barrel, and any capacity of magazine.
>>
>>30230399
I never argued for the looks of anything?

>>30230452
Yeah, in the UK.

In Cali, they'll have to settle for 10rd mags and wonky stocks or fixed mags.
Actually maybe both now, I heard they were trying to ban bullet buttons.

It's nifty for places that can't have automatics, I'll give you that, but I always felt the double-action black powder revolvers they have are a much more clever way of getting around silly legalities.
>>
>>30228745
>Shillary passes incredibly painful federal laws that California-ize the entire US
>these laws are challenged and shot down by liberal courts full of life time appointed liberal judges
>the question goes to the new supreme 5-4 court
>the laws are upheld by Shillary's court
>gun owners REKT
>laws become normalized over the years
>eventually after these laws get normalized, the rest of gun owners slowly get fucked by the long dick of the law
>because doing this is easier and safer than going door to door in a mass confiscation

You'll care one day, dipshit. These liberals aren't stupid, much as everyone likes to think that they are. Their supporters are typically short sighted and stupid, but the elected officials are usually quite cunning.
>>
File: .32 patriotpistol.jpg (48KB, 706x400px) Image search: [Google]
.32 patriotpistol.jpg
48KB, 706x400px
>>30230646
This one uses a tray to hold bullets, primers and powder, but requires recocking after each shot. The tray holds 5 charges, they are probably a controlled item like spare cylinders though. Can't have too much fun.

Now if only there were some way to make it semi auto, I wonder if that's possible or legal, since muzzleloaders are except from some restrictions.
>>
>>30230727
To clarify, what is pictured counts as a total of 5 firearms in the UK.
>>
>>30229860
>>30229797

Well, there's always the part where it's just a fucking waste of plastic too.
>>
>>30230698
That would imply people wouldn't take up arms against Hillary's government.
>>
>>30228622
Yes

/Thread
>>
>>30231227
The only people to take up arms against the govt in over 100 years and actually made things change are the niggers
>>
>>30231682
Stop threading your own post faggot
>>
>>30230646

Okay, that's a pretty cool revolver.
>>
>>30231227
they wouldnt, the country is too fat stupid and lazy.
>>
>>30228622
No. 1 and 3 have bayonet lugs, making them illegal. 2 doesn't appear to have a less than 10rnd pinned mag, illegal.
>>
>>30231819
I meant the gun in the video.
>>
>>30230646
You can have adjustable stocks in california.
>>
>>30231873
Not at the same time as a detachable magazine though.
Or, I guess you can, with one of those Monster Man abominations, or a Kydex grip cover.
>>
>>30229860
>no one has made a high pressure .22 rimfire round yet
Why not just make a rimfire .223 for fucks sake? It wouldn't be great, but it'd be good.
>>
File: avgn3.gif (839KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
avgn3.gif
839KB, 300x224px
>>30231786
Defeatist fuck.

>>30231801
IKR?

>load each chamber with black powder (or a fitting substitute)
>insert a .357 caliber wadcutter projectile in each chamber
>optionally add wadding or grease to each chamber
>put a shotgun primer on the rear of each chamber
>loaded cylinder is then slid onto the crane arm
>you close the gun, and you now have a 7 shot DA/SA revolver
You can also have a spare cylinder.

It's like an old cap & ball revolver legally, really neat way of skirting laws.
>>
>>30231819
The bayonet lug thing making guns illegal is hilarious to me.

Like, of all things lawmakers decide to outlaw, they're worried someone is going to go fuckin 1916 on the cops and rush them with a bayonet?
>>
>>30231982
Rimfire cartridges have limitations, I kind of doubt you could make a reliable rimfire .223 cartridge that wouldn't suffer repeated case head separation.

The brass on the rim must be soft and thin enough that the firing-pin can punch and deform it, to set off the priming compound.

I figure you could probably make a ballistic twin of 9mm Luger in a rimfire sort of cartridge, make the cartridge have a rebated rim, in a sense, so that it wouldn't require a curved magazine for reliable feeding. Make the gun have two firing-pins on each side like an old Martini Henry rifle, for added reliability.
>>
>>30229860
No handguns either. And no, those abominations with giant barrels and counterweights to artificially lengthen the weapon are not considered handguns.
>>
>>30231982
.22 Magnum semi auto is legal.
However .44 Henry or .17 HMR would not.
>>
>>30232047
Apart from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFxhI5ErU88&channel=UCK_4-Dw_1FdRuIYNCXNeZgQ
>>
>>30228622
No, the ATF would backpedal and somehow classify them as open bolt firearms.
That and AWBs target cosmetic features for the most part.
>AR-15
>Evil baby killing rifle
>Mini-14
>Honest common sense hunting rifle.
>>
>>30230736
Wut, how???
Why are clipazines guns?
>Inb4 fully automatic clips
>>
>>30230698
>Implying this doesn't instantaneously kick off glorious Civil War II: Electric Boogaloo.
>The Russians, Chinese and everyone else chips in supplying money, arms and covert training agents to help us overthrow the Clinton regime.
>This sparks glorious World War III.
>Europe, the Clinton USA and all the libtards are BTFO, along with Israel and Kebabland.
>We're then merged with the Russians to create Russiamerica, the worlds most terrifying superpower.

All hail God Kings Putin/Trump 2020
>>
>>30232076
wow, a .32 pistol, fantastic
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 419x249px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 419x249px
>>30228622
Ok while we're debating what's legal, what if I were to build a gun where once you fired and the bolt came back the bolt would hit a sear and force the trigger to reset until the bolt left the sear, meaning you would have to re pull the trigger every time
If that explanation sucked, sort of like a response trigger
Also would probably beat the fuck out of your finger
>>
>>30232113
Pressure bearing part. Same as barrels and cylinders. Not magazines or clips though they're completely unregulated.
>>
>>30232133
They are making them in .38 as well.
>>
>>30228622
Middle one would be in NY if it had a 10round mag.
>>
>>30232131
>russia/china/anyone else getting involved in US civil war 2.0

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
File: 666.jpg (666KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
666.jpg
666KB, 666x666px
>>30230296
>Thumbhole stocks are verboten in the People's Republic Of California

The fuck for
>>
File: 1453015689638.jpg (94KB, 610x610px) Image search: [Google]
1453015689638.jpg
94KB, 610x610px
>>30230698
>Califag thinks everyone is a pussy push over just like the weak wristed faggots from his state
>>
>>30231819
Bayonet lugs are not considered an "evil" feature in CA. I don't know about NY.
>>
>>30228622
>It uses the first trigger pull to fire and eject; the second to chamber the next round

Let me get this straight
Trigger pull # 1 will fire the weapon from a closed bolt (then locks the bolt open)
then
Trigger pull #2 will simply allow the open bolt to fall and chamber the next round

Technically, according to ATF definitions and fuckery, wouldn't this be considered an "open bolt" weapon and therefore be classified as a "machine gun" which makes it heavily restricted under US federal law?
>>
>>30234069
Open bolt is not verboten.
Multiple rounds fired from a single actuation of the trigger is.
>>
>>30234119
Yep, ATF only ruled that the mac 10/11 and tec9 were considered easily convertible in their open bolt configurations in a 1986 ruling. Open bolt = MG is just fudd lore and a de facto ban on approval for new designs due to ATF/commerce clause faggotry, but this doesn't matter for non-production firearms.
>>
>>30230698
That would literally lead to civil war. Not gonna happen.
>>
OP does your brit rifle hold more than zero rounds?

Then the goot people at the bradey center HATE IT!!!

Its a baby killing machine!! Babies die just because it exists!
Commiefornia cannot condone the ownership of murder/death/kill machines!!
>>
>>30232532
Other nations got involved in Syria.

Besides, if the Chinese and the Russians get to make a quick buck by supplying arms to people whom they know will attack a government they don't like, they'd be more than happy to do so.
>>
>>30232601
The laws are written by San Franciscan Democrats to appeal to the lowest common denominator here in CA: The San Franciscan Liberal.
>>
>>30234248
Or just mass non compliance.

>What are you gonna do, imprison 100 million of us?
>WATCH ME!
>Um, Madam President, we can't actually imprison 100 million of them.
>THIS ISN'T OVER YOU FILTHY REDNECKS!
>Yes it is, fuck off back to DC and leave us alone.
>>
>>30234505
I wonder if Texas would actually secede like we always threaten to.
>>
>>30228622

Califag here. That rifle would be legal in CA, as long as you install a bullet button and don't import it into the state with magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. You could also ditch the stupid stock on that thing for a regular fixed or collapsible stock +pistol grip. Muzzle devices and other "evil features" are OK.

I can't comment on NY laws much, but most ARs I see from there require that stock configuration. Don't know anything about magazines and features.
>>
>>30234527
Literally all 50 states threaten to secede after every major election
However, no one would really know what the feds would do if the state actually follows through
>>
>>30234593
The gun Op is describing would most likely be legal across all 50 states. Pretty much all assault weapon ban laws in the states more or less state that the major criteria in determining whether or not a firearm is banned is 1: is it semi auto? and 2: does it have 1 (or two) evil features?
From what the action the OP is describing, it would most definitively not be considered "semi automatic" and therefore not fall under criteria 1 of assault weapon ban laws. The action can be more or less described as quarter auto as opposed to semi auto.
However politicians always try to readjust their laws to ban as many scary guns as possible
>>
File: flvyw4.jpg (285KB, 1200x727px) Image search: [Google]
flvyw4.jpg
285KB, 1200x727px
>>30234505
This.

Not to mention that 22 years after the 1994 AWB, there are a LOT more salt weapons, and a LOT more 30 round mags in circulation, now that people have wised up and started buying.

Bill tried to put the genie in the bottle, but it got uncorked in Bush II's term. There is nothing that can put it back now.

Not to sound like a shill for gun sales, but the best thing that can be done is fucking flooding out more of these bad boys on the market. Even if she manages to get enough votes in the Senate and House to pass it, the legislation would probably be about as enforced as 922r.

God I'd love to see states suddenly announce that they won't comply with a federal AWB if it gets signed.
>>
>>30230296
>>30234439

No, thumbhole stocks are legal in California as long as you use a bullet button for semi-auto. They are fine on all rimfire and bolt-action rifles, too.

Stop spouting off nonsense about California laws, you clearly don't know them.
>>
So how hard is it to swap out the cuck button on an AR for a regular button?

Don't you just need the regular button and a few minutes to swap it in and you've officially uncucked your rifle?
>>
>>30234724

It's the easiest part on the lower to install. You would need a small flathead, a pencil, and 30 seconds.
>>
>>30234724
You know how long it takes to install the reguler mag release? Double that. So about 5 minutes.
>>
>>30234724
10 minutes tops alongside a quick google search
>>
>>30228622
that's not a "brit" rifle. that's a california legal rifle. as it says in the picture title.

featureless rifles in CA are so you can use detachable magazines.
>>
>>30234724
What he said.

Just buy a rifle with the button, pop it off, and call it a day. The San Franciscans can all fuck off for all we care.
>>
>>30234593
>i can't read the title of OP's picture
that rifle already is CA legal. it's a featureless rifle. one of the first examples of one made.
>>
>>30232131
> not realizing russia, china, india are behind clinton.

If they come, it will be to secure her in power. And cuck the US once and for all.
>>
>>30231983
Would also be good for After The Happening.

You could load it up with super plentiful shotgun primers, use anything from small amounts of smokeless powder to fucking matchheads or flashpowder for propellant, and you cast your own bullets out of lead. AND it will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger and can be reloaded in seconds.

Its actually not a bad gun at all, especially for britcucks. Fuck I'd buy one as an American, you don't often see many modernized cap & ball revolvers (unlike BP rifles where modernized ones are more common).
>>
>>30234941

Yeah, I see I was wrong about that. It's basically treated as a bolt-action in terms of detachable mags. But possessing hi capacity magazines in California is still illegal unless pre-ban. And it's still a gray area if you can't prove you did posses them before 1/1/2000.
>>
>>30234626
What is that sitting in front of the acog?
>>
>>30229860
>Must be manual action
Stupid question, but would that make a Gatling gun (as in the hand cranked variety) ok?
>>
>>30235119
It would, in fact.
>>
>>30228663
Are guns like this legal in ausfailia

we do have similar laws to the brits
>>
>>30236443
If imported they'd get banned right quick by customs because they do their own thing.
Some states have a definition of "self-loading" that means if gas, recoil, inertia etc is used to perform ANY part of the action, then it's legally self-loading. So it would be Cat D in these states.
Failing that, the police commissioners would probably ban it anyway because 2spooky.
See the recent Verney-Carron Speedlines rifle.
>>
>>30228663
That's a wonderful workaround. CZ confirmed for "fuck da police" tier awesome.
>>
>>30234069
>wouldn't this be considered an "open bolt" weapon
It doesn't fire when closing the chamber, the trigger just acts like a bolt release.

>>30234188
>open-bolt = MG is fuddlore
Except the open-bolt MAC-10 pistols and the early (actually rather rare) KG-9 pistols, were trivial as fuck to convert to full-auto, they aren't ruled as MGs because they are open-bolt, they are ruled as MGs because they're considered to be readily convertible, and they really are.

It really isn't bullshit that just about anyone with a metal file can convert an old RPB open-bolt MAC-10 pistol into full-auto, you literally just have to grind down a part of the sear and it'll reliably fire in full-auto.
>>
>>30233024

Huh. Wonder why people don't talk about that more.
>>
>>30236779

A similar system would be possible for most guns that have a last round bolt hold open, including the AR-15.
>>
>>30231819
Bayonet lugs are not regulated in California and all those rifles are featureless and thus can use any capacity pre ban magazine with a capacity greater than 10 rounds. The primary reason people use featureless guns is to avoid the capacity restrictions because they own pre-ban mags although some people do it to avoid the bullet button.
>>
>>30235078
The actual penal code doesn't ban the possession of hi cap mags from any year that's just when the law went into effect. The law only bans importation sale and manufacture. No one in this state is required to prove when they bought the mags because the law does not require you keep records. The burden of proof is on the state and since simple possession is not a crime law enforcement can't even justify detaining you (in before am I being detained?) for having a 10+ capacity magazine because they aren't witnessing you doing anything illegal. No one has ever got in trouble in this state for a magazine. People get fucked by being retarded and attracting attention to themselves for other things and for using 10+ capacity magazines in bullet button equipped rifles because a fixed magazine of 10+ capacity makes it an assault weapon. I shoot all the time at ranges in Orange and San Bernardino county and have never once been questioned about my preban mags by anyone. Including cops shooting at the range. The magazine law isn't really enforced except in LA and San Fran which have local laws prohibiting possession regardless of when the mags were purchased. The whole having to prove when you bought shit is fuddlore.
>>
>>30238955

Is your rifle pre-ban too then? I don't understand how you say its illegal to shoot 10+ mags in one sentence, but then say the cops don't bother you when you use them?
>>
>>30230296
FUCKING WANT

That is sexy as fug. I feel bad for people in states that are forced to own that type of stock, but I'd love to have one as a second AR.
>>
>>30228622
Looks cool with the scope bipod and small mag but kinda stupid with the carryhandle sights.
>>
>>30230698

Feels good living in The Independent Republic of Texas.
>>
>>30233024
>>30237883
Because it couldn't happen today. Not because people wouldn't be willing to stand up and fight, but because even if the state governments could be controlled, they would cry to the federal government to roll in the national guard and put down the free citizens exercising their human right to force their government to act how they wish it to.
>>
>>30234505
They won't do mass confiscations or imprisonments. Instead, if your house/car gets searched, they'll just charge you with a federal felony on an individual basis. Also your pissed wife/girlfriend calling the cops, etc.
>>
File: CwbTQB4.jpg (24KB, 986x592px) Image search: [Google]
CwbTQB4.jpg
24KB, 986x592px
>>30239091
When you pimp it out it actually doesn't look half bad.
>>
>>30235090
Looks like a PVS14
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.