[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would an actual response to something like the Second Renaissance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: A-anim.181.jpg (342KB, 832x369px) Image search: [Google]
A-anim.181.jpg
342KB, 832x369px
What would an actual response to something like the Second Renaissance be?

The whole movie was poorly thought out, and it seems like we could have turned zero-one into glass and that would have been the end of that.
>>
I mean blocking out the sun was pretty fucking stupid.

We shoulda stolen their fusion shit.
>>
>>30197015
Nukes would have worked. Blast and heat work pretty well at destroying machines. Plus EMP.

Its like saying conventional bombs wouldn't have worked against machines because they effect flesh and blood more. No. Nuking the machines would work just fine.
>>
>>30197334
EMP protection exists, it's just expensive. I'm guessing the robots could make it because they are robots with like super technology.

>>30197015
They'd likely become robotic North Korea, except rather threatening.
>>
>>30197339
Its nearly impossible to shield anything from a direct nuclear blast. NORAD HQ was built in a mountain and would not have a survived a direct hit from an ICBM.

Shielding everything for EMP would probably be impractical, but ok. Machines are still equally dead in multiple nuclear strikes.
>>
>>30197339
Machines are then forced to go miles under ground after everything on the surface is destroyed and irradiated (radiation fuck with machines just as badly as it dose humans). Also unless they stockpiled massive amounts of resources it would be pretty hard for them to do anything but go into a sort of standby/low power mode.
>>
EMP blast
>>
File: Renaissance12.jpg (39KB, 800x329px) Image search: [Google]
Renaissance12.jpg
39KB, 800x329px
The Machines are much smarter and efficient than humans. I'm sure they prepared for the war way in advance. They probably had whole bunkers underground and I think some machines were 100% immune to EMP (as it is shown during the final battle).
>>
>>30197436

I'd like to double this, as there's clearly some nuke shrooms decorating tat final battle scene.
>>
File: anima1.jpg (16KB, 592x256px) Image search: [Google]
anima1.jpg
16KB, 592x256px
Here you are, /k/, and you made me rethink my movie plan, Animatrix goes today.
>>
Cypher was right, why would you take the red pill?
>>
>>30197015
well first and foremost is diplomacy
then we break off a piece of the moon
strap rockets to it
simple computing for guidance
then we attack and rain moon rocks on them

or thermite/nuclear suicide bombers
>>
File: KILLEMALL.jpg (279KB, 1913x809px) Image search: [Google]
KILLEMALL.jpg
279KB, 1913x809px
I'd say they'd would of had some pretty advanced interception methods to stop a nuclear strike.
>>
>>30197436
Efficient yes, smarter no.
>>
>>30197015

EMP and radiation would've destroyed the machines.

Currently the best way to prevent EMP damage is what amounts to huge as fuck Faraday cages, which I'm pretty sure robots don't carry around with them. Also, since the machines took a piece of godforsaken sand nobody wanted, they probably didn't have much iron ore to keep churning out machines, meaning that even if the initial attack didn't completely wipe out every machine, it's extremely doubtful they'd have the infrastructure or materials to churn out soldiers to fight the entire fucking planet.

And even if they did have a few factories left over...

Think about this, in WWII every nation involved was grabbing everything they could made out of metal to scrap it for guns, ammo, tanks, ships, and planes. The whole planet. What happens when the very soldiers, factory workers, civilians, and contractors also need not only the material, but maintenance and replacement parts as well? What happens when the only countries that have the material refuse to give it to you?

The war would've been stupidly lopsided in humanity's favor, but the creators of the Matrix started with the post-humanity robot overlords and worked backwards. The war is nothing more than fluff powered on Handwavium.
>>
If they were to shield themselves from EMP they'd do it with a faraday cage. If you bombard metal with radiation it absorbs it and that would totally fuck them up because then their exoskeleton would be bombarding their own insides with radiation for decades. The metal vehicles in chernobyl are still extremely radioactive to this day.
>>
Point is you could just not fuck with the robots... But from some scenes it seems literally fucking them is okay.
>>
Just watched the related segment of Animatrix. Jesus Christ.
>>
File: You're_hearing_it_now.webm (3MB, 640x268px) Image search: [Google]
You're_hearing_it_now.webm
3MB, 640x268px
>>30198244
>>
>>30197015
nukes
humans can survive and reproduce in a post apocalyptic world
Machines cant
>>
>>30197436
This, consider that current computers can do calculations thousands of times faster than a human now if they could actually imagine/ think of solutions to problems at that rate.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.