[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some diy handgun kits? I'm just curious. Right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: Pistol_Frame_preview_featured.jpg (34KB, 628x472px) Image search: [Google]
Pistol_Frame_preview_featured.jpg
34KB, 628x472px
what are some diy handgun kits? I'm just curious. Right now all I can think of just 1911 kits, and 3d printed polymer frames (pic related)

is there anything else?
>>
File: The Trash Man.jpg (31KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
The Trash Man.jpg
31KB, 300x400px
>READ MANUAL BEFORE USE
>>
nobody?
>>
>>30182013
The Polymer80 Spectre.

Glock 17 parts are through the roof now though.
>>
>>30182013
Yeah, 80% 1911s are a whole other league of difficulty and cost.
>>
>>30182655

some guy on calguns managed to do it with just a file, looks like it takes effort and setup but not impossible
>>
>>30182013
>>30182655
>>30182679

1911s are not that hard

>>30182266
Yes but 22 parts are still at alright prices if you can tolerate 40 slow and weak, also conversion barrels are only 95$
>>
>>30182013
Mosin Virus on Youtube just did a Sig, this part one, he did three videos about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGeexfSY6CA
>>
>>30183231

pretty cool, too bad that 80% is so expensive
>>
Are there any of these 'ghost guns' that actually make money sense to do?

It seems like you end up paying more for a DIY project than for just buying a gun.
>>
>>30183501

ARs and AKs are below cost if you know what you're doing, how to do it and have basic tooling.

1911s you break even

everything else you lose money for the most part, unless you pick up kits from people who gave up or lost interest.
>>
>>30183501
Welcome to modern manufacturing. Recently, I was going to build a DVD rack for my growing movie collection. The cost of all the materials (wood, screws, hardware, paint, etc) added up to the cost of just buying a new one. We live in a sad, sad world.
>>
>>30183501
They do if you want to preserve your privacy. Why the hell else do you imagine there's a thriving market for them?
>>
>>30182700
Is there anywhere you can get 1911 kits anymore? Sarco is sold out
>>
>>30183565
>ordering ghost gun parts online with a credit card

>talking about it on online forums

>searching internet for info on how to do it

>thinking you have privacy
>>
>>30183675

Well played.
>>
>>30183570

Sarco re-ups a few times a year, just have to stay on top of it and check daily. No idea why they don't have a waitlist. It's BS, but that's the way it is. There are others but they're too expensive. Could fight for kits on gunbroker or ebay but that's always a crap shoot.
>>
>>30183735
Neat. I'll gheck if they have a "notify me" option. What all needs to be machined with a 1911 blank? I imagine it could be a pain
>>
>>30183815

Most blanks require rail cuts, barrel seat cut, hammer and sear holes. Also need to pin on a spring housing. Could be done with a dremel, a drill and a dream. Don't get sarco's blanks they're basically 40% blanks.
>>
>>30183901
Good to know, I have access to a drill press, bits, and a pawn shop with several dremels. Any input on who sells good frame assemblies?
>>
>>30183926

believe it or not, sportsman's guide.

They're no-name blanks with jigs included.

Good luck with your endeavors. Cut slow, always easier to remove material than add it.
>>
>>30183955
Well, by the time all this stuff is back in stock I can probably just buy one normally (I'm 20 now)
Auto ordinance 1911a1s are ~$500 on gunbroker
>>
>>30182679

this guy built a 2011 with a dremel, a drill press, and hand files.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxNxfnD9wTY
>>
>>30183501

a custom 2011 costs $3.5-4.5k mainly because of all the hand fitting involved in building a custom race gun. you can knock off $2-3k if you build it yourself. even for a super gucci steel grip gun you'll probably spend $2k in parts at most.
>>
>>30183501
its almost equal with an ar15 if you dont have to buy tools
takes multiple aks to break even and not even close for anything else
>>
>>30183532
>We live in a sad, sad world
you're just retarded and don't understand economies of scale
>>
>>30183501

it ain't about money, 3d printed frames is the only way to get certain off-roster models in CA (since scalpers always charge at least $2000 even for beat to shit hi-powers)
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.