[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /k/ I need your advice today. I'm shipping off to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 1449851474-20151211.png (391KB, 684x1994px) Image search: [Google]
1449851474-20151211.png
391KB, 684x1994px
Hello /k/ I need your advice today. I'm shipping off to basic training soon and, unfortunately, I won't be able to take my guns with me. After basic I don't really feel like dealing with the headache of storing them in the armory. I'm going to store them at my parents place. My parents are not big gun people and probably wouldn't maintain them even if I asked. What is the best way to store a firearm for several years sans maintenance?
>>
gun safe? don't tell them the code. expensive tho
>>
>>30104994
I can just leave them in a safe for a few years and they'll be fine? I'm just worried about rust or the oil gunking up. They in all probability won't be even looked at until I get out.
>>
>>30104863
You sound like you will be a shitty soldier
>>
>>30105031
How so? I'd also appreciate some advice.
>>
>>30105019
You can buy dehumidifiers, big ass boxes of silica gel packets, that will keep the humidity in the safe low. Just pack it with those and then duct tape the door seal on the safe shut to try and keep out as much air as possible. And oil/grease your guns first.
>>
>>30105064
Alright then I will do this. Thank you anon.

If my guns rust I will find you.
>>
>>30105156
I've never tried it desu. It's just what I'd do in your situation.

Also never give your parents the combo to the safe.

>sorry anon we needed money and we never figured you'd miss one or two!
>>
>>30105050
What are you trying to prove?
>>
>>30105193
That my penis is huge.
>>
>>30105156
>if my guns rust I will find you
And suck his dick?
>>
>>30105179
>>30104994
>Don't tell your parents the code
I trust my father completely. He would never sell anything of mine without my express permission. My mother on the other hand...

If I give it to my dad he'll tell my mom. So no, neither of them gets the code.
>>
>>30105242
Seriously though, why are you going to waste everyone's time?
>>
>>30105273
I will earn his love through years of dedication. He will know of me as more than family and the best lover he's ever had. All with no idea of who I truly am. And then I will betray him.
>>
>>30105311
You sound like your mother
>>
>>30104863

slather them in cosmoline or rig grease and lock em away.
>>
>>30104863
This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
>>
>>30105050
You're joining the military, which is going to be all sorts of hell for you, and you're worried about storing a few guns.
>>
>>30105715
So when one joins the military their posessions all of a sudden dont matter?
>>
>>30107793
Joining the military is a pretty big commitment, and you run the risk of being severely injured, disabled, traumatized, or even killed.

And you're worried about material possessions?
>>
>>30107874
I spent a lot of hard earned money on my firearms, and I guess unlike you I just like taking care of my stuff. Going away for a few years is no reason to neglect your things
>>
>>30107947
Take care of yourself, most importantly.

Maybe if you hadn't dropped out of high school you'd have a real career by now.
>>
>>30107977
Damn dude you don't have to be a shitter to someone for asking a question.

OP, as mentioned grease them up and try to keep air/humidity away in a decent safe. I sold all guns before basic and I really wish I still had them. Good luck
>>
>>30107977
How does taking care of your guns prevent you taking care of yourself?
>>
>>30104863
Bury it really really really fucking deep in your backyard/basement.
>>
>>30107977
You realize you need a diploma to join up right?

>>30108019
Thanks. Will do.
>>
Remove the wood and plastic/fiberglass parts like stocks and handguards. Put them in boxes or whatever inside the safe.

Wearing rubber gloves, disassemble the guns and treat them with...whatever you want, I guess. The heavier the better. CRC makes a spray on wax-like corrosion inhibitor if you want. Once everything is oiled or greased up., put the gun back together leaving off the wood and composite parts. You can put it into plastic also if you don't want the oil/grease to get everywhere.

Once everything is in the safe, close it up and tape off the door gaps and any electrical openings / anchor points.

When you get around to taking them out again, it'll be like stripping cosmoline, but it won't have seeped into the wood or anything really hard to remove.
>>
>>30107977
>if you give a shit about what your hobbies or what you own, you're a high school dropout
wew
>>
File: 1452750681403.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452750681403.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>30107977
This believe this post was intentionally fabricated under the intention of provoking a hostile response.

Also OP, I'm personally of the mind that most everything mentioned is overkill. DO like >>30105064 said and stop worrying about your collection.
>>
File: 1464235828875.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1464235828875.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>30104863
Leave them with your has gun friends, that what I did.
You DO have close friends you could trust, right?
>>
>>30107874
You are a massive faggot you know that?
>>
>>30112985
I do, but three+ years is a long time. People change especially if I won't be around a lot. I trust my parents most of all not to fuck me.
>>
>>30113231
Yea leaving your firearms with friends sounds like a terrible idea. I think you have it right
>>
>>30104863
Storage unit, expensive but all you really can do.
>>
>>30104863
oil and grease em up good, dehumidfer, silica packets. even some gunsocks wrapping them up.

whenever you get leave and go home, take em out, and re-oil/grease em.

this may all be overkill but its nice to be cautious. if you live in a area that's not always humid (leave near the coast or in florida) they'll be fine.

>>30107874
>you run the risk of being severely injured, disabled, traumatized, or even killed.
>in Peacetime military
>with a POG job

top kek m8
>>
>>30104863
I bought guns while active duty and just stored them in a storage unit off base. Hell, you could ask around your unit and see if anyone already has one they'll give you or share with you.

Not a single person in my unit gave a damn and most of them knew I had guns. Of course they also had some, for fucks sake we had a deployment gun.
>>
>>30117007
>with a POG job
Who told?

>>30117346
I figured my collection would expand while I was in because that's what a quarter of my income goes into now so that's actually a good tip. But for now I want to prepare for storing them in case I don't keep any with me.

Say I get "transferred(?)" to another base, how would I move them?
>>
>>30117346
>deployment gun
Explain.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.