[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys Eurofag here. I'm looking to buy another 5.56 rifle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (777KB, 1432x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
777KB, 1432x800px
Guys Eurofag here.

I'm looking to buy another 5.56 rifle (already have a SIG550) for range fun and stuff like that.

I've looked at the VZ58 in 5.56 along with a mag adapter to accept AR mags.

Now the thing is this rifle is MORE expensive than a Ruger AR556 or a SW Mp 15 sport II. Would it make it more sense to get an AR over this VZ or should I get the VZ?

Quality wise what's better

Pic almost related, I'm actually looking to buy the rifle version and not the SBR.
>>
File: image.jpg (524KB, 2078x2193px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
524KB, 2078x2193px
Here's another pic of the said magwell adapter.

No idea if it works well.
>>
>>30069994
An AR-15 or some abortion with a mag adapter....

Use your brain, your head's not just a hat rack.
>>
File: image.jpg (887KB, 1784x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
887KB, 1784x1000px
My main reasons for wanting this OVER the AR15:

>Milled steel construction
>european product so no problems with replacement parts
>looks like an AK-SKS hybrid
>seems to be reliable
>battle proven

I don't want the 7.62 version due to mags. If I could use AK mags I would buy it, but it doesn't so I don't want to.
>>
>>30070032
See>>30070038

One of my main problems is that if something fucks up I have to wait months to get new parts. Meanwhile Czechia is just around the corner.
>>
>>30070038
Everything save the replacement part bit is fucking retarded and a terrible reason to take a VZ over an AR. What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>30070055
Having held both rifles the VZ seems to be higher quality.

The AR is extremely light, and it feels like a toy.
>>
>>30070055
Why should I get the AR?

Give me some pros of the AR please.
>>
>>30070061
Oh, you're yet another troll. Was it the Forbes article? I bet that's what's bringing in all you shitheels.
>>
What kind of ARs can you get in Yurop? What country? I head many goodies Americans enjoy can't be exported to civilians in other countries because of the ITAR and stuff.
>>
>>30070038

I've shot thousands of rounds out of an AR. Not much breaks on them. Uhhh maybe buy an extra lower parts kit, they are dirt cheap, and a bolt carrier group.

Also consider that if something gets worn out on an AR you can likely fix it yourself. You'll have to pay a gunsmith to find out why your VZ is messing up.

You already sound sold though. Oh well. I'd advise the S&W over the Ruger of the Ruger is a piston model.

If this is going to turn in to some "give me attention as I string this thread along with inane comments" thread I can recommend you skip buying a new gun and use the 550 to an hero.
>>
>>30070096
So I can actually change EVERYTHING on a AR15 myself?

That is interesting.

What other stuff can I do with the AR15? Can I just put two different lowers and uppers without a problem? For example, I buy lower brand X and get upper brand Y, will this work?
>>
>>30070185

yeah as long as everything is milspec dimensions (which like 99% of AR parts are), it's fine

for instance I have an anderson lower with a palmetto lower parts kit, some other milspec stock/buffer assembly and I'm going to be getting a number of different brands and types of uppers
>>
>>30070185
That's pretty much the reason why they're so popular in the United States.

Lower brand A
Trigger brand B
Grip brand C
Extended magazine button D
Safety selector E
Upper F
Barrel G
Specialty Bolt Coating H

Unless the company makes cheap garbage they're all sized to fit the same military technical data.
>>
>>30070205
>>30070211
That's cool.

Could I buy a cheap AR556 (it's not a piston model) and then upgrade stuff I don't like myself?
>>
>>30070038
>AR15
>problems with replacement parts anywhere on the planet
yeah right
>>
>>30070227
As far as I can tell it's basically an overpriced budget AR-15, and should accept all of the standard aftermarket parts. If you can get AR-15 parts locally (or from anywhere really) then it should work just fine for you.
>>
>>30070227
Ruger uses some weird nonmilitary parts like the front sight base, but it's a decent gun.

I'd go with the S&W M&P Sport II if I had to split an off the shelf gun to pieces and for some reason couldn't start piecing stuff together from PSA, BCM, etc.

If I wanted a nicer base gun, then a Colt 6920 OEM.
>>
>>30070003
can that thing be bought seperate?
I need one for my AK
>>
File: 1402208299939.jpg (115KB, 678x800px) Image search: [Google]
1402208299939.jpg
115KB, 678x800px
>>30069994
God those tiny midget VZ's are so cute, it's like a little ten year old girl puffing out her chest and saying "I'm an assault rifle too!"
>>
>>30069994
As a VZ owner, I don't see why you would not buy AR if it's cheaper and they are both in 5.56, unless you really wanted it. It's more pleasant to shoot and has more options for customization (which p much does not exist for VZ).
>>
>>30069994
1) Only buy from Czechpoint not Century because the gremlin which is ONLY actually remedied by using a CZ patented bolt carrier "tab"
2) If get 5.56mm get the AK rocker magazines one, as they feed better and are far more reliable in the Vz58.
3) Its a great fucking gun and I have some 30,000rds combined in my two Vz58's

All failures were in the (newer) Century one and it was every 200-500rds.... I got it tabbed eventually from a guy

Buy one!
>>
>>30070598
https://youtu.be/_OkWiweBs6w
>>
>>30070821
op said hes a yuropoor so century isnt even an option
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.