[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>bought a Chiappa Rhino 50DS as a range toy and HD. >show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: didn't do nothing.jpg (5KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
didn't do nothing.jpg
5KB, 240x180px
>bought a Chiappa Rhino 50DS as a range toy and HD.
>show it to my uncles
>one of them dry fires it to test the trigger pull
>the other one freaks out and start yelling how much he's destroying the gun

So I come to you guys, is it safe to dry fire a modern revolver? He said something about crystallization or something like that.
>>
>>29991590

This thread has been done a billion times. Modern day fire arms are safe to dry fire...Just don't cowboy slam the cylinder in, that can ruin it.
>>
I've been told you can dry fire a revolver if it doesn't have a hammer mounted pin. I do it to my 637 all the time but have snap caps to practice reloading with. Read the manual?
>>
>>29991676
>implying that I bought it new
>>
Last person that dry-fired my 626 got punched in the face.

Fucking kids at least ask if you can do it. By the way dry firing is NEVER a good idea.
>>
>>29991715
>What is manufacturer's website?
>http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Chiapa+Rhino+user+manual
>>
>>29991715
They are online you massive faggot
>>
>>29991590
>Chiappa Rhino 50DS

What cal? .357 mag?
>>
>>29991943
Yes.
>>
>>29991874
>>29991878
http://chiappafirearms.com/sites/default/files/manuals/RHINO%20Manual%20ENG%20rev%20August%202015.pdf

Literally not mentioned in the manual
>>
>>29991665
good god, modern vs old has nothing to do with it

Dry-firing is generally OK with any gun that shoots centerfire ammunition
Dry-firing is almost never OK with any gun that shoots rimfire ammunition

so dry-firing is fire for any common cartridge besides .22

and if someone else owns the gun, ask before dry-firing and, of course, check the chamber
>>
>>29991590
Yes
>>
>>29992273
Basically, if it has the firing pin on the hammer, it's not a good idea to dry fire it. Although, once in a while won't destroy it.
>>
>>29992318
The point is that a centerfire firing pin pushes forward into empty space when dry-firing, and rimfire firing pins (unsurprisingly) can contact and damage the chamber where the brass would have normally been contacted
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.