[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who makes really good operator packs? What is a reasonable sized

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 12102912096c272004e98d1082.jpg (79KB, 700x433px) Image search: [Google]
12102912096c272004e98d1082.jpg
79KB, 700x433px
Who makes really good operator packs? What is a reasonable sized bag I should get for /k/ related proposes, like in a SHTF type scenario or a short term bug out?

Should I spend the money on Mystery Ranch or Arc'teryx, or are these just all memes?
>>
what do ya'll think of 5.11's rush packs?
>>
>>29983815
goruck gr2(3day pack) or gr1(assault pack), mystery ranch sweet pea(3day pack), direct action ghost(3day pack) or dragon egg(assault pack).

assault packs are about the size of a standard jansport backpack or for reference a us army assault pack.

3 day packs are slightly larger. Slightly too big to be carrying around school or office job everyday, too small to carry enough shit for a week long camping trip(you could, but would require excellent organization skills).

In terms of which company to go with....

Goruck has the best overall warranty and customer service, and the packs are nearly indestructable since they build them thick. If you ever tear or break the damn bag, they will fix it free, minus the shipping fee to them.

Direct action, makes good quality bags with a great selection of colors. They are the lightest bags of these 3 companies. They actually give a decent description of what the bags were built for. These are also cheaper than both other companies. This is a fairly new company, so they still focus on quality, with brand new packs having not a stitch or thread out of place.

Mystery ranch makes the most comfortable packs, period. They have perfected back and shoulder comfort for backpacking. Now, the negatives....warranty is non existant, if you break something, they take their sweet time getting the bag back to you, and charge you an outrageous repair fee. If you are going to go with Mystery ranch, stick with the civilian oriented packs, the military packs are too cluttered and not worth it for the extra molle and pricepoint. An example of clutter would be, to toss a sweatshirt into the 3 day assault pack requires the opening of not just the top flap, but most of the main zipper that runs down the pack. The internal pockets found in the trizip military packs are flimsy and get in the way of top loading most things.

Hopefully this info helps.
>>
File: 1431790725311.png (172KB, 415x407px) Image search: [Google]
1431790725311.png
172KB, 415x407px
>>29983815
>operator packs
>>
>>29983815
every penny you want to spend on gear, do a pushup instead
>>
File: 1308713362625.jpg (167KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1308713362625.jpg
167KB, 500x667px
>>29984667
>instead

your face when going innawoods
>>
File: 1434442614058s.jpg (6KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1434442614058s.jpg
6KB, 250x187px
>>29983815
"120L of capacity" ...that is all
>>
File: IMG_2158.jpg (167KB, 713x799px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2158.jpg
167KB, 713x799px
>>29983815
From my experience I highly, highly recommend a large ALICE pack in preferably a NZ or AUS configuration.
Super cheap, ultra-rugged design/material and has a massive capacity more then most branded gear, seriously you can get all your harbour/patrol gear, double even triple frontline ammo state plus rations and water for 5+ all into 1 pack I know from experience it is impossible for alot of modern day packs (especially internal frames) to meet these patrol requirements i.e. the f4 terminator pack
>>
Direct action gear.

Thank me later.

Actually thank me now. I will be awaiting my response and blowjob.
>>
>>29983815
bump
>>
>>29983815
>Mystery Ranch
>Kifaru
>Triple Aught Design

Arc'teryx are probably nice too, they make great stuff

also: fuck goruck. i just don't like their stuff and their whole 'image' etc
>>
>>29987671
As someone who owns a Goruck I agree. It's a sturdy pack and pretty comfy for moderate weights but the reality is that the best packs for actual heavy use (aka not just using it as a bookbag) are made by companies that have been doing it for a long time and have a big pool of users to draw feedback from.
>>
>>29987815
you know... i have no experience with the packs themselves, they could be great for all i know, but all that goruck challenge and all their lifestyle stuff seems like a buncg of tryhard bullshit

OP, go on edcforums and look at opinions on bags .. this really isn't the best place to get answers to your vague and weird question
>>
I like Maxpeditions.

I have a Rush 72 and a 12 that served me well, but I hate the cheesy plastic insert that they use as a support. Unacceptable for the price, really.
>>
just got a kelty redwing 44
it's OD green without looking FUCKING TACTICAL OPERATIONS which is good for me
full length zipper openings are p cool too
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.