[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nevermind the fact that no human would ever be able to operate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: F3YCc.jpg (152KB, 800x1206px) Image search: [Google]
F3YCc.jpg
152KB, 800x1206px
Nevermind the fact that no human would ever be able to operate it, that the excessive speed would crush your internal organs and cripple you on the spot and that any malfunction would lead to an inevitable death.

Is it possible for the 3d maneuver gear, or a machine of similar concept, to be useable in real life ?
>>
>>29947920
what is this supposed to do exactly?
>>
>>29947957
Basically like batman's grappling hook. Shoot hook, then winch your self and swing through cities or forest.
>>
File: latest[1].png (944KB, 2166x1602px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
944KB, 2166x1602px
>>29947957
Basically a propelled grappling hook mechanism.
>>
>>29947920
then why post this?
>>
>>29947920
maybe if it was connected to an ultra light exoskeleton that didn't allow my body to bend wrong, like those proposed construction exoskeletons
>>
>>29947920
>that the excessive speed would crush your internal organs and cripple you on the spot
kek, do you think the same about Spiderman?
>>
>>29947920
What I always wondered was why they could build crazy ass jet powered zipline backpacks but couldnt figure out how to build modern artillery or weaponry.

Like, the machining and science required to build something like that is much more than that required to build a breech loading cannon capable of firing HE shells.

Nope. They still got smoothbore solid shot black powder artillery. They figured out jetpacks a hundred years ago but real guns are a bit beyond them?
>>
Yes but it'll probably only last 1 or probably not 2 shots
>>
>>29949897
Honestly I thought it was because only certain technology was protected when humanity fell.
>>
File: dumpingass.png (77KB, 254x244px) Image search: [Google]
dumpingass.png
77KB, 254x244px
>>29947920
>>29948035
>Attack on Mexico

Fuck off
>>
>>29949897
If I remember correctly the giants regenerate from pretty much anything short of the back of the neck being sliced really deep. And when they bleed the blood is so hot that steam obscures them while regenerating.
>>
>>29952908
A breech loaded rifled howitzer should be accurate enough to hit it, it will certainly have a higher rate of fire than a traditional cannon.
>>
File: jinroh.gif (987KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
jinroh.gif
987KB, 500x270px
Initially I thought this thread was about the weight reducing packs that were part of the Kerberos Panzer Cops combat armor. That would be way more cool. Full plate armor and an MG-42 with the ability to run around and kick ass. The device doesn't reduce the mass, only the weight, so you still have to contend with the increased momentum.
>>
>>29952908
What if you shoot them through the front of the throat, thus going through the neckmeats entirely.

Also. If they're running that hot, burning that many calories, they can't have a shelf life of more than a few days.
Y u no starve them.
>>
>>29947920

>worried about speed crushing organs
the real issue is acceleration.
these aren't normal people, they're soldiers

The f-35 can pull up to 9 Gs. You think you can just jump in the cockpit? no, it takes highly trained airmen to do that.

from what I've seen in videos, the acceleration are short lived. IF they are excessive, there may be repeat-stress injuries, but these are soldiers- just like in america, we don't care about their well being after the mission
>>
>>29952948

But using iron/steel wasn't a retarded idea for bulletproof armor? We should look into using other materials that are actually more resistant not redesigning things that we know perfectly how to make, since we have been making them for the last 1000 years.
>>
>>29953075
>We should look into using other materials that are actually more resistant not redesigning things that we know perfectly how to make

That's probably the way to go with SciFi. Less so when your story is set in the fifties.
>>
File: Annie and Sasha 5.jpg (3MB, 3654x2480px) Image search: [Google]
Annie and Sasha 5.jpg
3MB, 3654x2480px
I wanna fuck Sasha. Or Zoe.
>>
>>29952959

They defy science. I'm not fucking joking. Titans are extremely light for their weight and eating people isn't done for nutrition. They need sunlight to function, so at night the average titan kinda stands/sits there in a coma. A few titans can remain active for a good while after sundown, though.
>>
>>29947920
the limiting technology isnt a fucking slingshot, its the retention of the end of the rope
>>
>>29949956
This.
They're a fragment of a finer society.
If you can't believe this then you should skip the show.
>>
>>29949897
Actually, they do have rifled breechnloaded cannons if you've seen the episode when Erin and his squad were cleaning them and encountered the Colossal Giant again in Trost District.
>>
>>29949897
>>29952959

The true question is, why slicing has more energy than a fucking cannon ball?

You can see how the others areas that are not the neck can be damaged, so its not about protection. That means that a human can damage them if you don't take into account the regeneration bullshit.

But then, some people using blades with the power of their hands are the only things that can destroy the titans which is ludicrously stupid.

You could put the swords in the cannon and they would be much better used by being throwed with that energy instead of human strenght.

And is not about precision, titans work on hand to hand combat. Is not about lack of tech or will, since we're in an indstrual revolution society that is constantly pushing for innovations in weapons, so in a few decades they should have managed to get semi rifles with 5,56 or selfpropelled artillery, which are definely much better.

This is like mechs and human-like mechs, the suspension of disbeliefs just goes over the windows with this kind of weeb shit.
>>
>>29954887
>so in a few decades they should have managed to get semi rifles with 5,56 or selfpropelled artillery, which are definely much better.

They should have but new technologies are forbidden under pain of death, its the monarchies way of keeping power. It was only after they got rid of the King they started to develop new weapons (thunder spear).
>>
>>29954432
fuck off with your disgusting bullshit
>>
>>29954887
>New Weapons
The monarchy in the series forbid the development of newer weapons that aren't under their supervision, backed by them, and are deemed as a threat to their power. Not to mention that soldiers are more mobile than cannons and are used for recconaissance, bait, and attacking areas where cannons fail to aim or reach their target without hitting their own citizens property or end up getting civillian casualties during the evacuation process. Once all noncombatants are confirmed out of the combat zone, the cannons are used to full extent.
>>
>>29954446
Why not go kill them all at night?
>>
>>29955183
You need to see them for that to work. And they dont have flashlights.

And hope that there is not one strange titan which can suddenly move due to it had energy left.
>>
>>29955211
They don't have torches?
>>
>>29955244
Torches are inefficent.

And you are asking to get killed.
>>
File: Libertarian Spiderman.png (802KB, 900x550px) Image search: [Google]
Libertarian Spiderman.png
802KB, 900x550px
>>29949581
Spiderman is posited as superhumanly tough and routinely takes hits that would kill normal humans. This makes it plausible in his case.
>>
>>29955244
>They don't have torches?
They do, but the thing about torches is that they ruin your night vision and tell everyone where you are, better hope you do not encounter an abnormal that does not shut down at night.
>>
>>29949393
actually weight distribution is quite good, there is a chance you could use those and not break your spine.
the bigger problem would be having enough eye-hand coordination and reflexes not to hit a wall.
Personally I would improve the surface of that lower back protector
>>
>>29955379
They'd need xbox huge searchlights and I don't remember if they had even incandescent bulbs in the animu.
>>
>>29955497
They do have a form of weight distribution which is in the belts and metal padding in certain joints and parts of the body. It works when they're in flight and is used to balance the body and shift weight so they can manuever at ease without breaking apart. They have been training for several years and adapting the body through PT.
>>
>>29947920
>>29948035
I remember these from /diy/ about 3-4 years ago. The verdict on plausibility there was a hearty "no".

Now if you wanted to make a grappel gun, that's do-able, but a weaponized grapple spear powered by a jet turbine or similar engine is simply impossible. Fuel storage, ridiculous forced on your body, and power-weight ratios are just the beginning of this web of impossibilities.
>>
>>29955244
>>29955334
>>29955379
>>29955551
Later on in the manga they manage to used a special type of stone for the use of a flashlight and lightsource in the manga. It was mass produced and developed after the military did a coup on monarchy
>>
>>29955644
that stone was some kind of titan product
>>
File: titanfall_03.jpg (192KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
titanfall_03.jpg
192KB, 640x360px
To be honest, titanfall jump jets do the same thing and are more feasible.
>>
>>29955955
Too advance for them
>>
>>29955982
yes their tech would fall around 1900-1910
>>
>Making ultra complicated grappling hooks so edgy protags can hit them with swords.
>Not just having people plug titans' weak spot from the top of the walls with anti-materiel rifles.
>Everyone speaks Japanese even though they're in Europe with European names and Japs are basically extinct.

4/10, titans are still pretty spooky
>>
>>29956536
politics are to blame for it, old regime feared the advance of tech and the possibility to "wage war" against titans.
in the latest chapters they were using something resembling an RPG, crude but quite effective.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.