[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to sell a gun to a guy from Texas gun trader website.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 3

File: 1377045921723.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1377045921723.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
I'm about to sell a gun to a guy from Texas gun trader website. I'm bringing my friend with me, we'll be armed. I'll take down his info on a bill of sale and have him sign it. We're doing it in a public parking lot in daylight.

Anything else that I'm forgetting?
>>
>>29923994
Make sure you have pocket sand
>>
>being THAT GUY who brings a bill of sale
>>
You're making way too big of a deal over this.
>>
>>29924024

He did "accidentally" e-mail me a picture of a table covered in about 30 knives/dirks and said that he meant to send it to someone else. An innocent mistake, or a psycho sending me a pic of the tools he'll use to cut me up.
>>
>>29924031
This is the kind if Gribble-tier thought I like to see.
>>
>>29923994
>about to sell a gun to a guy from Texas gun trader website
if you or the buyer are out of state the sale HAS to go through an FFL
>>
>>29924022
This, I never understood this bullshit on /k/
>>
>>29924031

>on your way to sell a guy a gun
>you're armed with a gun
>you're bringing your buddy who is also armed with a gun
>"but he has all these knives, what a psycho!"

You sound like a huge nancy-boy faggot, OP. Did you send him a text back asking why he *neeeeeeded* that many knives?
>>
>>29924048

Nah man I live in Texas and I'll check his driver's license. If he's not from Texas, no sale.
>>
>>29924049
>gun is used in a crime
>cops pay you a visit
> able to prove you sold it

Yeah, protecting yourself is total bullshit
>>
>>29924022
Go be 15 somewhere else.
>>
>>29924031
>he has knives g-guys
>must want to stab, dismember someone

Goddamn, you sound like a liberal cuck
>>
You're way over prepared. I have done several sales through txguntrader and armslist without incident. Just meet in a public parking lot and you'll be fine.

If they're white, you're 100% safe, if the buyer is not white, then good luck

Aggression invites aggression
>>
>>29924064
>no law requiring you to do so

Stay scared, Might as well vote for Hillary fag
>>
>>29924083
Kill yourself faggot, I'm not doing it to comply with any laws I'd do it so I don't get pegged in a murder investigation
There is literally no reason not to.
>>
>>29924081

He's got a white name so that's half the battle.

And I'm not doing anything aggressive, I'm a friendly guy, and I often bring a friend with me when I can even for CL transactions. Just smile and shake hands - having a second person there isn't an aggression.
>>
>>29924083
>implying the gun would get back to me
>implying I would have any relation to the crime at all other than "X years ago you bought Y at a pawn shop"
>implying after talking to the cops it wouldn't be ABUNDANTLY clear that I wasn't involved
>>
>>29923994
Expect to be haggled. I've bought and sold through mwguntrader before and have had no problems. Public places and bill of sale are the most important things to do.
>>
>>29924097
Kek, good luck with the sale with knife guy faget.
>>
File: 1454019946754.jpg (750KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454019946754.jpg
750KB, 1920x1080px
>bill of sale
>>
>>29923994

Here's what I do in these situations, OP. It should work well for you too.

>have him meet you in a well-lit, open place of your choosing
>have one friend set up 500m+ away on a roof with a scoped precision rifle, as overwatch.
>you're already bringing one armed friend, so that's pretty good. Three or more would be better.
>arrive at least 1 hour early to scout and secure the area, and set up a perimeter
>when the buyer arrives, order him out of his car and onto the ground at gunpoint
>have one friend strip him naked and do a full body cavity search
>while he is doing this, radio overwatch to make sure he is trained on the buyer's head at all times
>have another friend begin setting up the camera equipment and polygraph
>record the buyer, on polygraph, stating that he is legally allowed to purchase a firearm in the state of Texas
>confiscate his drivers license as he signs the bill of sale in triplicate
>take the agreed-upon sum from his wallet, give him the GPS coordinates of the dead-drop where you buried the gun he bought in the next county over
>tactically exfil with your squad, informing the buyer that if he moves a muscle before 30 minutes pass, overwatch will drop him.

This is all for your safety, of course. Good luck!
>>
>>29924117
I'm not even OP you moron
>>
>>29924064

Unless you have it notarized by a Notary of the Law, that little document means jack shit.

The only way to "prove" you sold something in which has no default registry is to transfer it through the FFL system.
>>
>>29924174
Obviously
Having it notarized goes without saying.
>>
>>29924174

It doesn't mean "jack shit." It's a piece of evidence that will help you. Same with having a third party witness to it.

Obviously a notary is the best, but they're just escalating levels of evidence that will help you if the worst case scenario happens.
>>
>>29923994
>>29924064
>>29924065
>>29924097
You guys feel "safer" with bill of sales? you faggots are the reason bullshit laws keep passing. These fags are the "responsible" gun owner cucks on ABC, MSNBC and CNN who are in favor of more bullshit.
>>
>>29924022
some say it doesn't mean anything without it also being notarized. but i call bullshit on that i'd say it's better than nothing. and if you have a friend along, make a line on the bill o dale for him to sign it as a "witness" to the transaction.

its called CYA
>>
>>29924205

There is literally nothing wrong with a bill of sale, and it has literally nothing to do with gun control laws.
>>
>>29924174
>>29924181

>not having the transaction witnessed, recorded, and signed in triplicate by the County Circuit Judge, the local Sheriff, and at least three Notaries Public

It's like you want to be arrested
>>
Why are we making bills of sale into a meme?
>>
ITT: buttblasted felons
>>
>>29924137

Kek, you sure this is enough? Don't want OP to get stabbed now do we
>>
>>29924205
I'm not in favor of anyone being forced to do anything. The responsible and prudent thing to do is cover your ass.
>>
>>29924217

What's the difference between a Bill of Sale and "Universal Background Checks"?

Both maintain a paper-trail on privately owned firearms and in almost all cases, the people wanting BOS documents also want to see conceal-carry ID's, which act as a de facto background check.
>>
>>29924227

Because /k/ is full of edgy children who think that a bill of sale is "fudd."
>>
>>29924219
Not an argument
>>
>>29924238

One is a completely private, voluntary COA mechanism and the other is full state control of who gets to own guns.

It's a non sequitur and your dumb ass knows it.
>>
>>29924231
Fucking seriously, that and assmad sub-21s
>>
>>29924014
Underrated post
>>
>>29924064
I have a stack of ~60 bills of sale in my filing cabinet
I didn't sell any of my guns I just have them to show the cops
>>
>>29924137
one time i was selling my 1967 camaro to some nigger in detroit. had a friend of mine with a remington 700 XCR tactical long range in .338 in the bed of his truck(topped and underneath a blanket, 200 yards down the street to make sure he didn't pull and nigger shit. whole thing went smooth, ooga booga gave me 12,000 in cash and i took off.
>>
>>29924265
sub21 has no meaning in tx though
>>
>>29924297
Whose names are on them, smart guy?
>>
>>29924253
You're whiling to, and continue the erosion of rights by enacting and promoting this paper trail.
>>
Reminds me of the time my sister sold someone tires from a Facebook page and I hid on the roof with a rifle.
>>
>>29924238
A bill of sale is entirely private and isn't a document given to the government unless the police come looking for you if the weapon is later used in a crime. Pretty fucking reasonable.

Universal background checks are just a lovely way for the government to register all of our firearms.

See the difference?
>>
>>29924307
We're far enough away from the original premise of the thread that that doesn't matter.
>>
>>29924310
A private individual making a prudent business decision is in no way an infringement of rights. It's not being forced on anyone. OP's customer can buy elsewhere.

>>29924313
That is crazy.
>>
>>29924309

>obtain local paper
>turn to obituary section
>find obituary that mentions hunting, fishing, or some other outdoor recreation
>write name and forge hillbilly scribble - signature on bill of sale, date about a year before death
>repeat
>>
>>29924231
Must feel good to feel safe with a piece of paper
>>
File: drive-in-1.jpg (50KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
drive-in-1.jpg
50KB, 720x480px
>>29924313
Sounds familiar
>>
>>29924314

4473's are private too. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmrYVJWwBfE

UN Blue Helmets kick your fucking door down and you just exposed fellow countrymen as wanted citizens. Good job Benedict Arnold.
>>
>>29924327
Surely they won't notice a pattern or anything.
>>
>>29923994
>Anything else that I'm forgetting?

let the guy know you're bringing a friend in advance. It's fucking unnerving when you're expecting one person at a meetup then see 2-3 people.
>>
>>29924309
John Moses Browning
>>
What's your bill of sale name /k/?
>>
This thread just confirms what I already knew: /k/ is full of paranoid babbies who are scared to death that every stranger they meet is about to kill or rob them
>>
>>29924416
Glad someone as brave as you is here to look over us.
>>
>>29924401
>>29924384
>>
>>29924401
Fidel Castro
>>
>>29924416
>he relaxes around blaxes
nice knowing you
>>
>>29924365

OP here, that's a good idea. Guess I should have done it. But the guy was cool and the sale completed with no problems, no haggling, no issues at all. He was a cool dude.
>>
>>29924416

>relaxing around strangers
>relaxing around strangers with guns
>not being prepared to operate at all times

This is how I know you're a victim-in-waiting.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.