[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finally decided to upgrade from my cheap crappy wall locker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: ube-storage.jpg (24KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
ube-storage.jpg
24KB, 500x420px
Finally decided to upgrade from my cheap crappy wall locker of a safe to something bigger. I understand that when it comes to price, the skies the limit. What are your recommendations for safes in the <$2000 range, and what should I be looking for as far as steel gauge?

Here's a local add for a safe on sale for $1000 that's caught my eye http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/cannon-ts5950-75-safe
>>
Do Get: fire rating protection if you intend to store documents with muh guns
Configureable shelving
Internal hinges
Sargent Greenleaf lock
Multiple bends in door

Don't Get: Autolock door
any safe where the door wobbles when you strike it.

Basically, look in to Champion safes. Top rated in the nation.
>>
Sturdy safe.

Or a used jewlery store amsec
>>
>>29907779
From a lengthy article I read to familiarize myself a bit, the guy talks up sturdy safe. Definitely badass, but to get a safe the size I want I'd be looking at $3500+
>>
File: 1438998842604.jpg (342KB, 536x640px) Image search: [Google]
1438998842604.jpg
342KB, 536x640px
>>29907628
>Pentagon
>vault is obviously cuboid
>>
>>29907628
Anything Steelwater and Champion would be great choices
>>
>>29908162
You look wierd on those pics anon
>>
>>29907768
>internal hinges

Enjoy your diminished fire protection.
>>
File: hacked-open_liberty.jpg (20KB, 359x500px) Image search: [Google]
hacked-open_liberty.jpg
20KB, 359x500px
BEWARE of "gun safes" which are essentially just overpriced thin steel boxes with drywall inserts for fire rating. they can be hacked open with common tools within a minute.

get a safe with a standardized security rating like TL-15 or don't bother.
>>
File: bf_gubseries2[1].jpg (34KB, 384x271px) Image search: [Google]
bf_gubseries2[1].jpg
34KB, 384x271px
I went with an amsec BF gunsafe. I liked the fact they use a poured concrete fireblock instead of drywall for their fire protection. The only downside is that they weigh a lot. Which can be an upside too, I guess.
>>
>>29910077
The more I research safes, the more I realise this, especially after watching videos of people chopping through 10 gauge steel with a fire ax, or just prying it open. My friends $3000 liberty safe is walled with even thinner 11 gauge steel. I'm thinking that I'm going to have to suck it up and look into a hardy safe or amsec safe.
>>
>>29910197
Sorry sturdy safe, not hardy
>>
OP, you buy that safe muslims gonna pray at your house
>>
>>29907628
Used bank vault. They're pretty dang cheap. Better have a reinforced floor though, and pay professional movers.

If I ever get off of my ass and buy a house, I'm just going to buy a vault door and build a reinforced closet/room.
>>
>>29910918
I meant to say "bank safe", not vault, unless you've got a mansion.

Look for safe dealers in your area. We have a couple and for the price of a new liberty/cannon/cabellas gun "safe" I could get a used safe made out of plate, twice as big, delivered. (Tricky delivery situations would cost more.)

It doesn't come lined with cheap fabric or the usual miniaturized gun racks, but I'd say that's a plus. Build to suit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.