[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Morning. Canadian /k/ommando here. Question for Texans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 787px-Texas_flag_map.svg.png (29KB, 787x768px) Image search: [Google]
787px-Texas_flag_map.svg.png
29KB, 787x768px
Good Morning. Canadian /k/ommando here.

Question for Texans since Google is giving me a hard time. I'm visiting Texas with my friend (who lives in another country) and I would like to take him shooting while we are there. We will in be in Dallas, SA, Houston, Corpus, Austin, and the Big Bend area. Does anyone recommend a range for us to try out? Preferably outdoor and has access to rent-able firearms from rifles to pistols. Full auto range isn't necessary, but would be an interesting experience regardless.

On a side note: he seems to have his mind set on firing an RPK - seems like a pretty rare range rental though. Any tips of fulfilling part of his apparent life long wet dream of firing an RPK over his head while dressed as the FSA would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
>>
Houston
American Shooting Centers have the nicest range, you have to register which takes like 5 minutes. Good atmosphere, can see a lot of stuff but nothing in the way of rentals.

Athena Gun Club is your executive level one, they are expensive as fuck, shit load of rentals including automatics, but good luck getting one of the good ones, they always go to the higher level members. I mean for fucks sake they have a cigar room and gun vallet. I'm jelly as fuck.
>>
'The Bullet Hole' in SA is pretty alright, they have rifle out to 300yds and a big pistol line. They also do private shooting bays and machine gun rentals for a decent price.
>>
>>29811505
Houstonfag here. If you drive a little bit north of the city, Spring Guns & Ammo has a nice indoor range and a bunch of guns you can rent to shoot, including full autos. It's where I normally shoot if I don't feel like shooting outdoors.
>>
I have never been, but I hear the DFW gun range and training center is nice. Who knows, you may be able to get some Tacticool training in.

You can also go to the Cheaper Than Dirt main store in Dallas, and fingerfuck a bunch of guns.
>>
>>29811505
Corpus Christi.

There are two good gun ranges here. Starry gun range which is outside (I think its $10 a gun... havent been in a while), then there is the sharpshooter which is indoor. I dont know the prices of their range but they are a really good gun shop.

Starry does not loan out weapons, but the sharpshooter may. Idk man look them up and see, but those are the only two that I have been too and know of besides the pistol and rifle club, but you have to have a membership to go there.
>>
>>29815422
Also go to the beach OP, one of the last beaches you can drive on in the country and really easy to get to. Just be careful of the angry mexicans who like to park by the entrance and tell everyone to slow down bc they are too stupid to move down from the entrance, but other than that the beach here is usually pretty nice depending if its on a weekend or during the week.
>>
>>29811505

DFW: The rental will be the hard part. The only place I know of that has rentals is DFW Gun Range, but they are indoor 25m only. Not sure if they have VEPRs or PKMs specifically, but they do have semi-auto AKMs.
>>
San Antionio here,
"A place to shoot" is good. They is a okay selection of for-rent arms. The pistol range has adjustable targets, you can change the distance to our liking, but you need to buy our own paper where your there. Or bring our own.
When your looking at hotels to stay. try to be on the north-east side of town and inside the two big loop roads. 1604 and 410. Good side of town with access to highways and interstates. Bad Traffic times are 7:30 to 8:30 in the morning and 4:30 to 5:30 in the afternoon. On regular work days
>>
OP here,

Thank you all for the suggestions. I'll research all the ones mentioned that I haven't already :) We will definitely hit a couple of them on our journey. (I'll check out the beach at CC too).

I'm open to more suggestions too. Will more likely check out the Cheaper than dirt main store!
>>
>>29815653
Will definitely keep that in mind when I'm in the area - thank you!
>>
>>29813715
Cheaper than dirt permanently closed their brick and mortar store. Hard to stay open when Cabaelas is nearby and undersells you.

>>29811505
In Garland there is Garland public shooting range. It is outdoor and has rentals(ar-15, ak pattern of some sort, a 30-30 lever gun and a twelve gauge. Also they have pistol rentals ranging from 22Lr-44 Mag

Eagle gun range in lewisville has all the fun rentals like m1 garands, full auto, suppressed I think, and more. But it is indoor and they do have a bench chain for the full auto shooting.
>>
>>29811505
not a single good range in dfw
just keep moving
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.