[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I went to an NRA banquet and they sold these knives for 20 bucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 20160501_162131.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160501_162131.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
I went to an NRA banquet and they sold these knives for 20 bucks bundled with a raffle ticket. It was pretty dull, but I sharpened it and now it cuts pretty well.

What do you think, /k/?
>>
I think it's a generic $5 Chink 440C blade.
Scratch that, generic Chink blades look better nowadays. The hex and torx screws look like they were made by hand.
>>
wew you can't sharpen for shit
also it's a gimmick and you should have kept your 20 bucks
>>
>>29803336

440C is actually quite good in the grand scheme of things. Pull your head out of your ass.
>>
>>29803404
No its not unless its made by buck fucktard.
>>
>>29803404

Oh yeah, given proper heat treat, something low end chinkshit never, ever has.
>>
>>29803429
>>29803436

wew
>>
>>29803404
>bait
>>
>>29803436
while the heat treatment will make or break the quality of the product, a poor heat treatment generally implies poor everything else. a reputable knife made in china is not going to skimp quality by forsaking the easiest part of the process. i believe its because stainless steel is so readily available and long lasting, that poorer SS chink knives are just cut and packed, literally selling you scrap metal in the shape of a knife

this creates the stigma that when looking for a knife, it being stainless steel just implies poor quality assurance, regardless of the actual possible quality of the steel. this is probably why everything coldsteel makes is labeled under some stupid proprietary steel
>>
>>29803508
Cold steel just got into the market of good steels.a good example would have been benchmade or spyderco.cold steel only uses aus 8,ctsxhp and some german steel i forgot the name of,oh and 3v and vg1
>>
>>29803336
>not being 420J
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.