[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not a pistol person. All I own are rifles. But I want something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: PPK.jpg (41KB, 940x600px) Image search: [Google]
PPK.jpg
41KB, 940x600px
Not a pistol person. All I own are rifles. But I want something strictly for CC. How well have these things aged?
>>
American made ones had a recall.

Something about firing when engaging the safety.

But I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
My Dad has an early 1980's vintage full size model PP,

No problems at all with it. He uses it a a carry piece. Shoots well, always feeds a variety of ammo.I've shot it a fair bit and really like it. The fit and finish is first grade.

Only issue is that it is surprisingly heavy and the double action is a bit on the heavy side.
>>
You could a lot worse but you could do a bit better too.
>>
>>29793832
You could do worse, but you could do a shit ton better. The Walther is a heavy bitch.
>>
>>29793832
I carry one.
It's good, no complaints.
>>
>>29794041
With?

What's a similarly-sized DA/SA .380?
>>
>>29794167
Why do you want
a) a similarly sized .380? The whole point of .380 is maximum concealability. There are plenty of modern 9mm pistols in the same size as the PPK.
b) DA/SA? Lots of pocket pistols are moving away from hammers, and those with hammers tend to be DAO because small guns are for close range.
>>
>>29794227
SUCH

AS?

I'm not a pistol person. I know fuck-all about pistols. Give me an example to choose from. I posted the Walther because it's both concealable and sexy. I don't give a damn about caliber wars. 9mm, .380, w/e
>>
>>29794283
For instance: Shield, PPS, G43, etc.
>>
>>29793832
If you get one, get it in .32.
.380 PPKs are pig disgusting
If you want .380 get a full size PP, honestly PP's suit most people needs better then the PPK but noone cares because it doesn't have the "muh bond" cache
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>29793832
I've seen a lot of threads regarding these guns.

They are nice. If it's all you got, it will work
>>
>>29794319
Why .32 over .380? Smaller?
>>
>>29794167
If you're willing to go up in size a tad there's a richness of walther PP clones and derivatives out there like the makarov which make fine CC guns if you're willing to deal with the weight. There's also the beretta 70 and 80 which are similarly sized .380 blowbacks
>>
>>29794355
>Recommends a Makarov over a PPK
>>
>>29794352
it's the original caliber and the one bond and Addi actually used. If I recall, .380 PPKs were more of an export thing. People find them more comfortable to shoot as well and generally more controllable. you'd be surprised how much a .380 PPK can get away from someone, especially if you have large hands
>>
File: gjukj7.png (472KB, 556x504px) Image search: [Google]
gjukj7.png
472KB, 556x504px
>>29794373
I'm just giving the boy alternatives no need to get your shorts in a knot hans.
Where exactly did I say the Mak was better then the PPK?
>>
>>29794384
Don't really care about the Bond thing.
>>
>>29793832
Not very well, they're outdated. Compact double stack 9mm is the way to go for ccw.
>>
>>29794429
More worried about how thin the gun is as opposed to how short the grip/slide is.
>>
File: looktwice.jpg (2MB, 2024x1926px) Image search: [Google]
looktwice.jpg
2MB, 2024x1926px
>>29794406
and yet you want a PPK?
You're a queer duck, anon
>>
>>29794462
Thickness isn't as big of a deal as you would think. The biggest factor for conceal ability is the height of the gun since that will determine how far the grip of the pistol will poke out.
>>
>>29793832

They work, they're classy, they get the job done. Unfortunately like many things decades old they are outdated. There are cheaper, smaller, and even more powerful handguns that you can conceal just as easily.
>>
https://youtu.be/ebjMR9T1DWg
I guess this might be related.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>29793832
I have one.
Looks cool, but the shield is better in almost every other way.

Seriously, my shield is slightly smaller and thinner, but shots a 9mm instead of a 380.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.