[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good innawoods gun for solo camping trips? I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (30KB, 260x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 260x310px
What's a good innawoods gun for solo camping trips? I have a few paramaters I'm looking for...

>powerful enough to bring down a moose, black bear, and other large, potentially dangerous animals.
>compact and lightweight
>cheap, no more than $500
>readily available ammunition, if it's a rifle then soft point ammo should be available at average outdoor/gun stores
>preferably can be used to bag small game with a change of ammo, but if I have to I could make do with a slingshot for small critters
>non-restricted status in Canada
>>
>>29761299
VZ58
>>
Basic bitch pump shotgun.
>>
>>29761299
Where in NY are you located? because clearly its near Water Safari
>>
If a long gun, then a pump 12 gauge like
>>29761334
said
if not, then a semi auto full size handgun
I'd suggest a 9mm since you'd be going for quantity over quality of hits with any handgun cartridge, but if you can find something in 10mm for that cheap (only a used glock comes to mind, but I don't know shit about 10mm), go for that since its pretty potent, but ammo is expensive
>>
>>29761334
This. If you want it really compact, get a folding stock.
>>
>>29761373
>>29761362

Is the Grizzly a good shotgun? There are websites selling them with 12.5 inch barrels in 12 and 20 gauge for about $350. How are they in terms of durability and reliability in cold and/or wet conditions?
>>
>>29761420
They're perfectly fine, but you may want to be wary of the magfed ones. 12ga is not ideal for box mags and they certainly won't be compact.
>>
>>29761299
12 ga shotgun
>>
File: 8.5.jpg (16KB, 763x355px) Image search: [Google]
8.5.jpg
16KB, 763x355px
Shotgun suits all that. Buy some slugs and buckshot too and you're set.
I'm looking at getting one of these Grizzly shotguns with the tube-mag. It's only 2+1 but innawoods that should be all you need.

>>29761362
>if not, then a semi auto full size handgun
>>
>>29761447
well fuck, disregard that then, I can't read
>>
>>29761447

>2+1

That should be fine, (I was considering a double barrel anyway) but is that with a plug in the tube or is that how it is normally? Also what's do the regs say about ammo limits in Canada? Is 3 rounds the limit for all shotguns or just semis?
>>
>>29761299
>powerful enough to bring down a moose, black bear, and other large, potentially dangerous animals
scared of a bad ol putty tat?
>>
>>29761299
bangor?
>>
>>29761512
The tube is only large enough to hold 2 shells. There is not mag limit on manual action shotguns, and the limit for semi autos is 5.
>>
>>29761512
Pump actions have no mag limits. It's 2+1 just 'cause it's short. There's a 4+1 version too I think. 5 is limit for semi-auto non-restricted funs. I have a double barrel. It's a bit heavy and there's no goddamn strap on it so be wary of that when you're in the market.
>>
>>29761299
if you're lucky, maybe you'll be able to find a CZ 527 for 500 bucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 468x238px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 468x238px
>all these people recommending handguns and small bore rifles to use against bear and moose

Why?
>>
12 GA shotgun or moist nugget.
>>
>>29762138
"I hatchet jack, being of sound mind and broke legs...." gets me every time.
>>
>>29762217
Thoughts on the M44 nugget for a good camping/hiking/innawoods defence gun?

Also, what about the M305? Besides weight, it seems great. And 20+1 of .308 should be enough for any bear.
>But mag limiiiiiiits
Canada suffers from a strange anomaly in Earth's magnetic field, causing metallic firearms magazine pins to be pulled loose. Someone should look into that.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.