[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about purchasing a 10mm glock 20 and using these double

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3861-500x500.jpg (43KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3861-500x500.jpg
43KB, 500x500px
Thinking about purchasing a 10mm glock 20 and using these double tap 200gr .40 S&W in it. Has anyone had this idea and could tell me if it's any good?
>>
>>29746402
The gun is chambered in 10mm, so you'd be buying the wrong caliber.
>>
>>29746414
That's true, but it does work out. .40 S&W is comparable to 10mm short, like a gun chambered in 22LR firing 22 short or .357 in a .38. My concern is wearing out the .40 S&W chambered gun too fast.
>>
>>29746434
At least get a conversion barrel. You don't want to wear down that lip at the end of the chamber that holds the 10mm case.

>My concern is wearing out the .40 S&W chambered gun too fast.
Literally a non-concern. Both guns use the same recoil spring in any case.
>>
>>29746434
no, Semi autos do not work like that. revolvers do not rely on headspacing to fire a cartridge so that's why that it's ok. Also, all .22 LR derivatives have the same case length. This is not the case with a glock 20 or .40/10mm.

besides, just get the 10mm version.
http://www.doubletapammo.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=303_301&product_id=40

or buy a heavy duty .40 that can handle it, like a USP, or if you are a special snowflake, a s&w 610.

putting shorter cartridges in semi autos is how you ka boom
>>
>>29746483
I thought that was just for necked cases, since pulling the case away from the chamber creates a huge gap where the neck of the case lacks support. I have seen people shoot .40 out of a Glock 20 with no issues.
>>
>>29746457
Maybe a stiffer recoil spring? The bullet and neck diameters for 10mm and .40 S&W are literally the same... should lip wear even be a concern?
>>
>>29746502
that's more a testament to the construction of the gun than the changeability of caliber. don't if you want to maximize you gun and hand life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkJuu7rwNEc
>>
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/06/jeremy-s/40-in-a-10mm-glock/
Might work.
>>
Why the fuck would you buy a G20 only to buy boutique .40 that shoots the same as 10mm plinking ammo? Seriously I need to know what the hell the logic is here because it has nothing to do with IF it'll work or not.
>>
>>29746506
there's an 1/8" gap, i wouldn't recommend it

>>29746614
it works, it's just a can vs should argument

>>29746642
this 100%
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.