[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Hawk Down >are Delta/CAG really known as "cowboys"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 8

Black Hawk Down

>are Delta/CAG really known as "cowboys" ? i assumed they'd be serious and reserved
>is/was there really that much of a rivalry or disconnect between Rangers and Delta? i always assumed Rangers were the feeder/pipeline to Delta
>Would Delta and Rangers "gear up" and share the same quarters on a base like this?
>Does Delta blatantly disrespect chain of command like this?

>picture found on google to get your attention
>>
>>29745591

>23 fucking years ago
>>
>>29745591
The whole thing was a bit biased because the whole thing was told from the Rangers' point of view while the Deltas largely stayed silent since they're professional like that.
>>
>>29745591
Rangers played peacekeepers. Delta did Delta's thing: deep recon for CIA, target killing, sniping mortar and machinegun crews from helicopter and other cool stuff.
They didn't interact much. Majority of what Rangers knew about Deltas job, was what Deltas told them themself, before or after mission. Deltas occasionally provided Rangers with sniper cover, and it was as far as "fighting alongside" usually went. Though knowing you have guardian angel that scores headshot from 700 yards, sure makes mission easier.
>>
>>29745591
whats the difference between Delta and Rangers?
When you say Rangers does that mean Army Airborne Rangers? or is there another kind of Ranger?
>>
>>29748240
yes airborne ranger

delta is CAG or ACE
>>
>>29748270
>e
So they're both Army? but Rangers are technically part of US Army Special Operations Command? So rangers are actually SOCOM?
Doesn't the US Navy have SOCOM too?
Do all military branches have a SOCOM?
>>
>>29748295
>baiting this hard
>>
>>29745591

shitty movie as it doesn't display the truth.

Somalians fucking hated the Americans because they just fought particular militias, like the one from the guy they wanted to take prisoner. the others could go on raping the country, with their counterparts being held busy by the US. as a result of that rangers got attacked by the whole fucking town once they had the opportunity that day, not just some militia fags. it's not like any somalian would have applauded them, like they did in the movie.

also the pakis didn't refuse to help fast like displayed in the movie, fucking garrison asked them for help way too late, in the middle of the fucking night.

reading the fucking book actually clears up some things
>>
>>29748310
sorry. no it was an honest question. I really dont know and its seems confusing.
>>
>>29748295
>>29748340
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=socom
>>
>>29748340

Yes, Rangers are part of the special forces. Most Delta and other various special forces were former Rangers.

Rangers are mostly used when they need to capture special objectives and need an elite regimental sized force, in places such as Mogadishu when you can't just send the army to plow through everyone.
>>
>>29745591
Rangers are 11bs who go to all the army combat related schools. Ranger qualification is there to ensure the soldier is worth sinking money into. Theyre an army asset.

They do 11B Things really well.

Delta is the highspeed jack of all trades badass shit you see in movies with significantly more training and combat specialization than a ranger. They work for the DOD directly.

They do shit like rappel out of a blackhawk onto the kremlin to abduct a foreign dignitary and prevent nuclear war as a direct order from the president, with 2 seal teams on standby in a bush nearby. Operation is over in 2 minutes.

What im trying to say is youre making a very poor comparison.
>>
>>29748367
>google
well fuck.
you guys seem to already know all this shit. thought you could just say what's what
>>
>>29748371
I'm talking about this particular incident/ film. i understand they have different jobs, i was asking how accurate these particular instances were
>>
>>29745591
>>29748198
Also there were Seals both during previous operations, and battle itself. You don't hear about them often, simply because only few Rangers knew them personally.

I only heard of it, when reading story of one Ranger, who was driving through Mogadishu with Seal by the wheel. He was wounded, and unable to use gun, so he was reloading carbine for Seal who was driving with one, and shooting with other hand. Seal was shoot to hell, at one point they stopped, because his leg was so fucked, it could not hold down accelerator.
Seal was also first one to open fire, when Habr Gedir fighters tried to get close using their women as human shields. When they were beign evacuated, after humvee finally died, one of fastroped Rangers started picking up line, wasting precious time (they were beign overrun), and ignored other shouting at him to leave it. Seal pulled pistol on him and said he's counting to five. It worked.
>>
>>29748381
>being on /k/ and not knowing what a Ranger is
>being on /k/ and never heard of Delta Force

I bet you're that guy that made the What Is A Nugget thread
>>
>>29748401

Besides the facts surrounding that movie >>29748320, it's pretty accurate. the book is actually a report made after scientific standarts, and the movie is quite close to the book. Except the political infos.
>>
I knew a guy who was in the Rangers. Never said much about about it and I didn't ask too many questions. One thing he did say is that most of the missions he went on they were always jumping out of helicopters for mission insertion. and there was always, always a firefight. never ever a mission that was in and out with no shots fired.
>>
>>29748410

stop making bullshit up, or talking after some lying piece of shit that published some shitty book in a small shitty publishing company
>>
>>29748426
>I bet you're that guy that made the What Is A Nugget thread
i'm not that guy, really i'm not. i just dont know much about all the various organization of military branches
>>
>>29748443
>>29748367
>>
>>29748410
Dude you gotta read seal team six by Howard wasniak if you havent
>>
>>29746177
fun fact: the guys who played delta in the movie were spirited away from the rest of the cast by real delta operators including men who where there and trained separately from the rangers.
>>
File: 1376795053480.jpg (239KB, 600x414px) Image search: [Google]
1376795053480.jpg
239KB, 600x414px
>>29748320
Habr Gedir was the only large clan that refused any negotiations, which is why it was targetted.
It's not suprising they did though. They were strongest, dominating clan, plus Italians were actively helping them, by letting them through checkpoints, supporting with intel and money, or even giving them back weapons captured by peacekeepers.
Why would they compromise with anyone, if they were winning?
>>
>>29748472
>delta consultants
>dicks to actors playing rangers

fucking kek
>>
>>29748435
SEALs were there
>The force consisted of:
>B Company, 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment
>C Squadron, 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (1st SFOD-D)
>A deployment package of 16 helicopters and personnel from the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (160th SOAR), which included MH-60 Black Hawks and AH/MH-6 Little Birds.
>Navy SEALs from the Naval Special Warfare Development Group (DEVGRU)
>Air Force Pararescuemen and Combat Controllers from the 24th Special Tactics Squadron.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Mogadishu_%281993%29
>>
>>29748519

I know there was something, i read the bhd book like 10 years ago. I remember something about SEALs.
My post was more targeted towards that pathetic story
>>
>>29748519
elite as fuck force desu senpai
>>
>>29748519
the seals that were there didn't do anything important and they wrote some ridiculously hard to believe mary sue shit about their roll taking out snipers in CQC
>>
>>29748240
Basically Delta is the scalpel and the Rangers are the jackhammer.
>>
>>29745591
i have a hard time seeing Josh Hartnett as a fucking ranger
>>
>>29748647
and such a clusterfuck
>>
>>29748858
BHD was his only good movie
>>
>>29748471
I bet it reads alot like Jose Canseco's book
>>
>>29749173
Sin City? Lucky Number Slevin? 40 Days and 40 Nights? I mean none of those are classics, but thats a stretch
>>
>>29748647
lol
>>
>>29748492
>plus Italians were actively helping them

God, Italians are just the worst allies. Any war we wage in the future should be immediately abandoned if the Italians join our side.
>>
>>29749617
I'm Italian and second this. Only country to lose World War 2 twice.
>>
>>29749673
No, fuck off italian. If you agree than we have to change sides again.
>>
>>29749673
>Italy in WW2

lol the biggest fucking kek generator

>hardly win against some bushpeople in Ethiopia, using mustard gas and a far superior military
>loose EVERYWHERE
>only achieve victory over some gyros nigger partisans in Greece after Germans come to help
>just be biggest fucking failure of the whole fucking century
>>
File: 1461469441792.png (40KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1461469441792.png
40KB, 152x254px
>>29749697
>loose everywhere
Nice
>>
>>29749697
Well, good thing instructor Zero is out there showing folks that us wops can operate too now

sike
>>
>>29749697
>Italy in WW2
>lol the biggest fucking kek generator

Italy in WW1 was even funnier.

>We're gonna break off a piece of dat Austria-Hungarian booty. Attack!
>Proceed to make the worst army in Europe look good by their utter failure.
>>
>>29749440
>Lucky Number Slevin?
lame
>>
>>29749797

Cadorna

a

shit
>>
>>29748369
so what are marines for ?
>>
>>29748471
Wasdin* Howard Wasdin. He's actually my best friend's uncle. I thought my friend was full of shit for quite a while, then one day out of the blue dude showed up at my house to pick my friend up. He's a chiropractor now of all things.
>>
>>29749889
Haha I agree, weakest of that list. Thought I was gonna catch shit for 40 Days, glad to see youre a cool guy.
>>
>>29749924
They should've marched him and Franz Conrad von Hötzendorf out into no man's land and had them fight to the death. Then obliterate the winner with an artillery barrage.
>>
File: lolfagget.jpg (682KB, 1389x1950px) Image search: [Google]
lolfagget.jpg
682KB, 1389x1950px
>>29749697
>>29749741
>>29749759
>>29749797

>Italy joins WW2
>invades shitholes where no real army's stationed to defend
>"this-a place-a now-a belong-a to il duce ê la Mama Italia, haha! Viva il fascismo!"
>actual army comes
>actual soldiers actually shooting at them, not just some spear hurling niggers they can use gas and tactical bombers on
>get ass kicked back to rome
>Germans try to save them, but it's too late
>southern front falls
>war lost
>SPQR is a fucking joke now
>>
I'm still amazed General Garrison took full blame for everything. This would never happen with a four star nowadays.
>>
>>29749889
Sure, it wasn't Citizen Kane, but it was fun. Like popcorn made out of cotton candy.
>>
>>29749956
>(USER WAS BLACK BAGGED FOR THIS POST)
>>
>>29750057
Eh, he made the trains run on time. Not his fault Adolf Rosenberg got too trigger happy
>>
>>29749673

This

>China becomes increasingly aggressive in SCS
>small gunfights break out between local coast guards and PLAN
>China simultaneously launches a land invasion of Vietnam and naval war with the Phillipines
>USN and Allies start to curbstompimg China in the region
>seems cut and dry, war almost over
>Italy decides to be opportunistic assholes and carve out a piece of China
>don't-a worry Americanos! We-a help you!
>United States immediately drops from the war, the war ends with the Vietnamese occupation of China, but the Chinese occupation of Rome.
>>
>>29750057
Look at Hitler trying to step it out and get away from Mussolini.

>Fuck, is he still here? I'm practically running.
>Oh, man. This is so awkward.
>Why can't he take the hint and go back to his fortress of doom.
>>
File: 1426338601892.jpg (19KB, 476x300px) Image search: [Google]
1426338601892.jpg
19KB, 476x300px
>>29750005

We are for trolling on /k/ because you once met a obnoxious Muhreen and therefore generalize and perceive me that way.

Army plays duck duck goose with pog females and Fat Bodies.
>>
>>29750161
>Army plays duck duck goose with pog females and Fat Bodies.

Former Armyfag here, this is the most accurate assessment of Army life I've ever read.
>>
>>29745591
were there green floodlights in the middle of the square at the end? i get lighting and effect, but wtf
>>
>>29750161
are the females at least cute?
>>
>>29750252
Try this. Grab a potato, drape it on a grey dishrag, then try jerking off to it. If you can finish then by all means join the Army, your dick will never be dry.
>>
>>29750223
Kek
>>29750252
5/10. Maybe 7/8's on deployment. This was Ft. Irwin. I've literally watched a pog Army unit play duck duck goose for PT. I watched from our smoke pit. Flabbergasted.
>>
>>29748295
The entire reason why SOCOM exists is to oversee the Special Operations Component Commands of each branch. It is the large, overarching umbrella that all SOFshit falls under

It was born after the failure of Operation Eagle Claw because of all the bullshit that came with the commands of the different branches having difficulty working together and getting on the same page
>>
>>29750301
We had to do PT next to MURHEENS in AIT. It was the most humiliating thing I've ever experienced. We had to do glorified stretching while our massive group of malingerers with a profile watched. Meanwhile the Marines were carrying their NCOs around on telephone poles and doing hill repeats until they puked. It must have been nice being allowed to be a real man.
>>
>>29750298
i'm joining, as a POG. and my AIT is at Goodfellow so I'm assuming chicks from AF and Navy will be there too
>>
>>29750252
My buddy's a sailor, (merchant marine) and there are usually a few women on board. He says the scale is 1-3. 3 is yes, 2 is a drunk yes, and a 1 is no but that usually also turns into a yes somehow. And theyre usually 1-3's in the real world too.
>>
>>29745591
Question
RE watching gene r at ion kill for the (?) Time. Are humvees manual or auto?
>>
>>29750355
We were pretty much locked down in AIT and segregated from other branches, but it varies a lot. We had a 68W reclass that said their AIT was pretty wild.
>>
File: Cool-Hand-Luke.gif (466KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
Cool-Hand-Luke.gif
466KB, 500x200px
>>29750031
>glad to see you're a cool guy.
>cool guy
>>
>>29750319
ah, ok starting to the picture now
>>
>>29750353
Well no need to dick measure.

I wasn't saying we are stronger or rougher. I said exactly what I said. I witnessed an Army platoon playing duck duck goose while for PT at Intel training at Ft. Irwin and lmao.

Decent chow hall, hope that Coyote still sleeps under the tank.
>>
>>29750417
i thought you had a little bit of free time once you got to AIT, it'd be nice to go out in civ clothes and get a beer or something. fuck, 27 weeks is a long time without women or beer
>>
>>29750452
>Well no need to dick measure.

Not trying to, just agreeing with you. The Army is all fuck fuck games and feel good bullshit these days.
>>
>>29748320
>They were mad because we were only killing SOME of the bad guys.
Sounds like the Somalis are assholes. If they were so mad they should have fought the warlords themselves, then.
>>
>>29750475
We weren't even allowed off the base, alcohol and fun was banned. This bred a lot of resentment, which led to shitbagging, which led to more restrictions. Vicious cycle. I guess it's not always like that, but that was my experience.
>>
>>29750507
that fucking sucks
>>29750505
this.

>alright, turn right here
>we cant, there's roadblocks and people throwing shit at us

should have firebombed that whole goddamn city
>>
Unrelated question :

Were the call signs in Generation Kill accurate ?
>>
>>29748410
>You don't hear about them often

The way things have been going, there would be 20 books out by now highlighting how the seals are the only reason anyone lived
>>
>>29749617
RIP spirit of the Roman Empire.

I fucking hope the US's legacy doesn't turn out like that
>>
>>29750094
I missed it, what did he post?
>>
>>29748410
>picking up line
Casual civfag here, what means this?
>>
>>29748270
I wish CAG and ACE were separate units that are successors to Delta. Mostly because I just like the idea of MOAR OPERATORS.
>>
>>29750973
Yes
>>
File: 1369513281985.jpg (293KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
1369513281985.jpg
293KB, 2592x1944px
>>29752625
after everyone's done with fast rope, rope isn't pulled into heli, but dropped on ground to be collected later. There's always someone who's job is to collect it, and it will be first thing he will do, once landing zone is secure enough.
Training kicking in when you don't know what to do is usually a good thing, but in this particular case waiting for this one guy to be done, would put extraction at risk.
>>
>>29750505
?
More like the US is actively making it worse with their fucking "intervention"
>>
I read this book a while ago, and it had some stuff about Delta guys ignoring rank when planning missions, dressing as civilians and not telling anyone that they're Delta

I don't know much about them but how secretive/hardcore are they?
>>
>>29749889
>Lucky Number Slevin
>Lame
I'll fucking fight you! Fucking name the time and place! I'll fuck you up so bad your mom will demote you from "my beautiful boy" to "my biological son"
>>
>>29750353
1. AIT
2. Sounds like you're a POG.
>>
>>29745591
>Read the fucking book
>>
>>29748472
Actor who was portraying D said something like:
> "While the ranger actors where learning the ranger creed we got to blow up doors"
>>
>>29748519

I think >>29748435 is talking about the BS story about the pistol pulling on own troops.
>>
>>29749440
no
>>
>>29750005
clearing a city
>>
http://www.benning.army.mil/library/content/virtual/donovanpapers/other/STUP5/SmithKurt%20CPT.pdf

>Paul Howe almost died from Ranger friendly fire
>>
>>29756748
just because it had Bruce Willis in it doesn't make it good by default.
>>
>>29757822
>meat grinding operations
>>
>>29756850
>Guy coming clean
>explaining how he envied the marines for being real men.
>Clearly he didn't consider himself a real man.
>...
>"SOUNDS LIKE YOU'RE A POG"
How fucking retarded are you?
Sounds like you're a marine.
>>
>>29757660
I find is possible.
If someone is simply not responsive, and combat stress can do it for you, best way to snap him out of it is to grab his attention with something unexpected. I think having friendly suddenly pointing gun at you has shock factor to it.
>>
>>29758165
Maybe just grab his fucking arm..? Force him to look in your eyes.

Flagging a friendly with a gun is the worst of ideas to ever come to your mind.
>>
>>29758193
>worst of ideas to ever come to your mind
well, it worked.
At that point everyone (including SEAL driver with tibia shattered by AK) was already in chopper, Somalis could swarm them anytime, and that one guy was still collecting rope, like it was training, ignoring people shouting at him.
Someone COULD run out of chopper, grab the guy and drag him into chopper, but no one did. This is I guess why he pulled gun on ranger to get his attention.
>>
>>29758351
>Rangers picking up rope...
>...at a clearing large enough for a chopper to touch down.
>Squad leader leaving a guy outside collecting rope.
And you still wonder why everyone knows it never happend? You'll find out when you ever grow up and serve.
>>
>>29749889
>lame
dont askme how i know but you must be a fucking boring person
>>
>>29758420
>grow up and serve

Look kiddo. No one is dumb enough anymore to go fight for a bunch of Jews against goat fuckers in the middle of the desert.

Real men forge the country from the home front. Not by playing army man over in the desert so they can have their obligatory disability check every month.

t. Former 0621

Military was the worst decision of my life.
>>
>>29758879
Did you deploy, or sit stateside?
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/0612.htm
Also, I cant lie, all I can think of is the terminal lance comic where the guy does stolen valor but picks such a shitty job no one doubts him.

I will stay this about you. Our service does not end at enforcing American policy. You are completely fucking right that we must forge American from home, and individually work to make this country great, not wait for some corrupt set of politicians to fix it for us. Doubly so if we become partially disabled.
>>
>>29748492
>>29749617
Italy's Prime Minister also warned Gaddafi about Operation El Dorado Canyon.

Have they done anything shitty recently? It wouldn't surprise me if they were colluding with ISIS.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.