[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, I just bought my first gun today. Pic (Maverick 88 Security)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

Hey /k/, I just bought my first gun today. Pic (Maverick 88 Security) not mine but related. Let's have a thread about first guns.
>>
>>29724498
hard to say, alot of my guns were handed down to me. so they were always in my possession in my moms closets so i could get one and go hunting anytime, so i will go with my favorite and say Remington 760 game master.
>>
>>29724498
welcome to gun ownership, anon.
>>
>>29724498

I was gifted a Beretta Bobcat for my first carry gun, but the first gun I bought for myself was a Maverick 88 as well

20" barrel, 7+1
>>
>>29724598
760 game master

ive always wanted one. Is it hard to operate if you're resting it on a branch or fence? it seems like anything other than off hand would be hard to do.
>>
File: 1439386519286.jpg (39KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1439386519286.jpg
39KB, 400x300px
>>29724498
>mfw got a px4 storm on layaway
I'm going to fingerfuck her everyday and only feed her quality ammo
>>
>>29724931

I didn't like the curved trigger guard

Or the lack of cheap holsters/magazines
>>
File: HZ8wq.jpg (800KB, 2200x3150px) Image search: [Google]
HZ8wq.jpg
800KB, 2200x3150px
My first gun was a single shot Remington 20ga my dad got me when I was like 10-11.
Now the first gun I bought was a bulgarian makarov, I still shoot both of them regularly because they are both wonderfully fun guns to shoot.
>>
>>29724498
My first gun was a Benelli Nova 12 ga that my dad bought me so we could go pheasant hunting together.

The first gun I ever bought was an M&P9
>>
File: rps20160424_162833.jpg (81KB, 1280x723px) Image search: [Google]
rps20160424_162833.jpg
81KB, 1280x723px
>>29724498
Got my first gun a few days ago. Mossberg 500. Bought it from a neighbor.
Took way too long for my PAL. But now everything is right in the world.

>Select all school buses
Fuck off capcha
>>
>>29724498
H&R topper 88 12ga
it woulda been an Enfield no1 mk3 but by the time i'd saved up the money and went to the pawn shop it was gone. Crestfallen and with the money burning a hole in my pocket, i impulse bought the shotgun since it was the cheapest thing on the rack and because i was a David Canterbury/Wilderness Outfitters fan at the time.
>>
>>29724861
no not really, i mean your going to have to pickup off the rest and pump but that it. I prefer to shoot it off hand for that reason. But that isnt much of an issue because it makes for a quick 2nd shot.

I think its interesting because its a pump rifle with a rotating bolt.
>>
>>29724498
nice choice, im indecisive on my first gun i've shot plenty of centrefire but most people say you should start with a .22
>>
>>29724498
My first (which I still own) was a Romanian M1969 .22 trainer rifle. Everybody should start with a .22 rifle, IMO.
>>
>>29724498
How much did you pay for it? I just bought a 7+1 with a 20 inch barrel for 250 out the door
>>
My first gun was a Nugget. Navy buddy begged me to sell it to him, he ended up buying the wrong caliber and blew it up. He went to jail for beating the he'll out of his wife like 2 days later, so I never found out exactly what he tried shooting through it.

Second gun was a CZ52, ended up selling it to my brother, he put some of that fucked up surplus 7.62X25 that was going around like 10 years ago and blew it up. The remains are still sitting in my dad's guns are I think.
>>
I'm a poorfag so on the recommendation of an anon I picked up a Phoenix arms hp22a. I'm glad I did because despite all the hate (from people who've probably never shot one) is a really nice little 22 once you disable the magazine interlock safety. Put a few hundred rounds through it and only one ftf.

Thinking of picking up a maverick 88 myself next paycheck
>>
>>29729374
The gun itself was listed at $219 at my local Sporting Goods store. However, my bill was about $315 because I bought a hard case and some 00 Buck.
>>29728144
>>29724634
Thanks guys.
>>
>>29724498
Can you take a real photo of it OP?
>>
First gun was a Marlin 60. Unfortunately I sold it to pay for an unexpected bill. I might be picking up a Marlin 795 sometime soon, though.
>>
>>29730945
No, sorry. My phone's camera is broken and I don't have another camera around.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.