[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone shoot competitions? I dont want to three gun. I only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: uncle jerry.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
uncle jerry.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
Anyone shoot competitions?

I dont want to three gun. I only own a glock brand glock at the moment.
I know little to nothing about these things. Educate me
>>
>>29566605
I shoot trap and skeet? Does that count? Not competition of course just for fun.
>>
>>29566605

I've shot just about everything under the sun at some point or another. What do you want to know?
>>
>>29566605
http://www.idpa.com/

http://www.ipsc.org/

There you go.
>>
>>29566639
whats the difference?

Do i have to wear those stupid vests?
>>
>>29566633
Does it costs a lot?
>>
>>29566633

I desperately want to three gun

How serious are people about the whole competition/race gun thing? I want to do runs with an HCAR, a mossberg, and a glock model 40 mos and other gimmicky stuff. Do people get mad if you just try to beat your own records and do you best, or are they pretty encouraging?
>>
File: Pre B Comp.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Pre B Comp.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>29566605
Steel match challenge is fun if your range does that.
>>
File: uyAs1L2.jpg (54KB, 697x533px) Image search: [Google]
uyAs1L2.jpg
54KB, 697x533px
>>29566689
>I want to do runs with an HCAR
Thatd be fucking sweet man
>>
>>29566664

Most completion is very cheap to get into but quickly becomes a money sink once you get into it
>>
>>29566689

People at three gun matches are super engaging and love seeing new people out there. You might get some light teasing for running basic gear but everyone's happy you're out there. If you're racing against yourself go have fun. But do not expect to be competitive with that gear. The sport is what you make of it honestly.
>>
File: hank.jpg (9KB, 258x196px) Image search: [Google]
hank.jpg
9KB, 258x196px
>>29566639
>http://www.ipsc.org/
This website makes zero sense to me

I cant find anything Im looking for

Sweet soul bro, you failed me
>>
>>29566801

Competiton* derp
>>
>>29566813

I've shot both IPSC and IDPA, what do you want to know?
>>
>>29566810

I have no intention of getting into sponsorships or riced out, unreliable guns. I want to practice with my main weapons and test myself, and show up with goofy shit to just have a good time and make people laugh.

Thanks. I'll get started after I get out of commiefornia.
>>
>>29566656
IDPA requires some "concealment garment". The vest is common with top-level people, but it could just be a jacket or open button-up shirt.
>>
>>29566841

Honestly the race guys are their own little club but they're usually pretty easy to talk to. There's not many elitists out when everyone is carrying guns.

Also if you think those race guns are at all unreliable you have another thing coming to you. Top end 3 gun firearms run like Swiss watches and shoot like a dream, you're definitely going to pay for it though.
>>
Me and the Missus just went to the local pistol club where we live to join and look into CAS.

Can do 3 gun and all sorts there too.

As a Kiwi, this is the only route to getting a pistol license too, so there's that.
>>
>>29566824
How the hell do I join a club?
I cant find anything. fuck that website
>>
>>29566605
USPSA production is ez as fuck to get into

>10 round limit on mags
>5 mags recommended
>no special gear needed
>recommended to use fiber front/black rear
>can use cheapo Bladetech holster
>>
>>29566605
English sporting clays competitions, yes
>>
>>29566988
What's uspsa
>>
>>29566605
i shoot my competitions all the time. fuck those guys, trying to take my corner and my bitches

my fo fo make sure your kids don't grow
>>
>>29567271
https://www.uspsa.org/

In my experience, tons more welcoming than IDPA, IDPA (at least in my area) is a bunch of old salty guys with their good ol boys club, they will give you tons of shit for not adhering to every tiny detail, i found it unwelcoming and switched over to USPSA where a lot of the silly restrictions are gone and the emphasis is more on competition style shooting

the wide variety of divisions (and a new pistol caliber carbine division) means that there will be a division that suits you best and that you can enjoy
>>
What organization do i join if i want to shoot more than 50 rounds a match?
>>
>>29566605
>own a glock brand glock
>glock brand glock
>brand glock

just go back to playing you video games. you will never make it in the real world
>>
>>29566605
IDPA is fun as fuck, although due to my budget I only shoot one match a month. In addition to your glawk, you'll need an owb holster, a magazine holder, a decent belt to hold those, and 3 mags (you might get away with just 2, but some stages have special mag loading situations and 2 might not be enough).
I can't speak for your area, obviously, but around here (central FL), people that I've shot IDPA with are consistently very friendly and helpful, far more so than the average guy at the range.
I should add that shooting IDPA has made shooting paper targets at a static range boring in comparison, for me.
>>
>>29570449
>I can't handle the memes

>>29566976
>>29570583 here, I'm not even a member of any range, in my area you just have to pay $5 more to compete than the members. Joining IDPA (the organization) isn't even really necessary, but around here, clubs will only record your score once until you are a member (to give people a chance to try the sport without paying for membership).

>>29570225
IDPA is usually about 100 rounds a match.
>>
Just so everyone knows

ISPC is now USPSA for the united states

The USPSA is a good website for finding a club.
I had to learn the hard way......
>>
>>29567318
>what he said

Did my first USPSA match last month. It was really inviting and most of the guys there were chill and willing to help you out. There were a few guys there with their super-modified race guns and sponsored jerseys, but most were regular guys like us shooting whatever pistol they felt like bringing. One guy even went through it with and M&P Shield just so he could practice with his EDC. (single-stack shooters have to reload a lot and need more mags).

Intimidation is a factor, at least it was for me. Even got some good advice here on /k/ first so I knew a little of what to expect. Managed to not get dq'd or finish in last place. It was a a good experience and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.