[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

oh my god /k/ is a friend of mine the most retarded person ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 1451423613755.jpg (57KB, 443x428px) Image search: [Google]
1451423613755.jpg
57KB, 443x428px
oh my god /k/ is a friend of mine the most retarded person ever?

He just said
>without moral support from the us-establishment the Viet Cong wouldn't have accomplished anything

also Vietnam general
>>
File: 1454267949234.png (3MB, 1680x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1454267949234.png
3MB, 1680x1122px
>>29563101
The US lost Vietnam because of color Television. For the first time people saw what war was really like.
>>
>>29563101
from the thumbnail it looks like he's holding someones spine
>>
>>29563405
Oh come on, Korea had practically the same public antipathy which led to a ceasefire. The only reason people remember Vietnam is because hippies and that we unambiguously lost.
>>
>>29563412
wouldnt be surprised either way
>>
>>29563416
I could have written that myself.
>>
>people don't realize the Vietnam war was lost due to the fact the Vietnamese thought of their leader as the Asian George Washington and their troop morale was so high it would have taken a genocide to win
>>
>>29563412
Giant centipede, or at least what he's going for. In reality, centipedes not that big, it's just a trick of perspective. He, the cameraman, and one other soldier are fucking around with a centipede on a string for laughs.
>>
>>29563412
>>29568534
Can confirm. My dad grew up in Vietnam. He said he used to catch them for fun as a kid and at most they got around 8 inches or so. Still spooky though.
>>
>>29563101
its a fake. like those people pretending to hold the sun or the eiffel tower
>>
File: 2qxyjk2.jpg (7KB, 260x280px) Image search: [Google]
2qxyjk2.jpg
7KB, 260x280px
>>29568534
there are centipede that can be 2.3 metres large
but that was 260 millions years ago,and they were probably herbivores
>>
>>29563405

The war was lost because of General Westmoreshithead. He was literally doctoring estimates downwards on enemy troop numbers in his reports.

If America took lessons from Britain's Malayan emergency instead of trying to fight a pitched battle against a guerilla opponent, things would have turned out differently.

After 4 years people were right to question the progress of the war.
>>
>>29568762
It was a war of numbers and not land. If we kept the land we took, the war would have been over early. We kept withdrawing from each battle location and the dinks would just move back in.
>>
>>29568762
The war was lost because we mistook a war of independence from colonial/western rule for a war of communist aggression. Southern gooks didn't care enough to fight because they saw Americans in the same light as the French, and the regime was propped up by vicious strongmen as bad as the ones in the North. The whole thing was one big joke and we should have never gone in.

We "won" insofar as forcing the North to the negotiating table by slaughtering their conventional forces.
We "lost" insofar as it being inevitable that the North was going to reinvade the second we left anyway, because South Vietnam was as much a real country as Luxembourg.
>>
That picture makes me extremely uncomfortable. Fucking insects and giant centipedes.
>>
>>29568749
wasnt vietnam war around 260 millions years ago?
>>
>>29568861
Pretty much this, combined with the big facts that
A. South Vietnam never truly had a competent leader
B. The American public didn't want to win as much as the North
C. Nobody really knew anything yet about Vietnam or how to effectively counter guerrilla warfare.
>>
File: gunship.jpg (31KB, 640x462px) Image search: [Google]
gunship.jpg
31KB, 640x462px
did someone say fwub thread?
>>
>>29568773
Funny, that's the same thing russkies did in Afghanistan, with the same effect.
>>
>>29563405
That and because the KGB was covertly backing the AntiWar movement to become mainstream.
>>
>>29566248
>>29568861
>>29569095

These are the best posts of this thread
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.