[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Go to register on gunbroker >fill out form, everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 13

File: GB-LogoTag-1200x950.png (344KB, 1200x950px) Image search: [Google]
GB-LogoTag-1200x950.png
344KB, 1200x950px
>Go to register on gunbroker
>fill out form, everything fine
>send me registration code
>put it in
>"Your account has been flagged by the GunBroker security system. The information you entered could not be verified by our service."
>"In order to verify your identity please send us pictures of your driver's license and a current utility bill or clear copy of your driver's license and a current utility bill. Please fax this information to XXXXXXXX"

So why do people use this hellhole again?
>>
Don't forget that if you don't use a private email service, you have to pay them a dollar
>>
>>29560008
Because I can't buy guns on eBay.
>>
I ended up just following the link to the seller's website and buying directly from them instead. Same price.
>>
>>29560399
I've done that before and saved money.
>>
>>29560008
Where else am I going to find all my milsurp?
>>
It's to keep underage kids like you from registering and bidding on guns they can't own.
>>
>>29560434

I'm 25 bud
>>
I signed up ages ago and have never had a problem, either with the site or tens of purchases.

I volunteered my driver's license and FFL before it was a requirement. I don't see why you're all pouty. You're buying guns online without regulation; if they want to take some extremely minor (and very reasonable) steps to keep Jamal without a heater, it's their choice.

It's your choice also whether or not to use them.
>>
>>29560475

Exactly my point.
>>
>>29560482
you have to go through an FFL anyway, so it's fucking irrelevant
>>
>register on gunbroker
>no problems
>buy some guns, probably gonna buy some more in the future

get fucked OP
>>
I never had that problem but I've had my account for like eight years.
>>
>Gunbroker is totally fine with all my shit
>I use Gmail so I have to pay them a dollar

yeah fuck em
>>
>>29560656
>>29560215
private email, what? so not gmx gmail or yahoo? what about proton?
>>
File: WP_20160330_006[1].jpg (1MB, 3072x1728px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160330_006[1].jpg
1MB, 3072x1728px
>Have had a GB account for years
>Bought assloads of parts and a few guns from it
>Just recently got a Colt 3x20 scope in pristine shape for all of $350 on it
Sucks to be you OP, man up.
>>
>>29560419
I get most of my shit from facebook, recently bought a Mosin from a guy selling his.
>>
>>29560801
>using NSAbook
>>
>>29560656
You probably have an ISP email that you never use. Just sign up using it.
>>
File: whenyoumemejustright.gif (29KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
whenyoumemejustright.gif
29KB, 557x605px
>>29560809
>NSA boogeyman memes
dank familia
>>
>>29560818
statist normie cuck detected
>>
>>29560215
*@oyvey.islammyjammies.com
check at http://mailinator.com
confirm account
change email to normal address
>>
File: weirdalfoil_2322.jpg (40KB, 350x347px) Image search: [Google]
weirdalfoil_2322.jpg
40KB, 350x347px
>>29560823
How's that bunker full of bags of rice going?
>>
>>29560844
Pretty good, my directed antenna lets me steal pretty decent WiFi for installing Gentoo on all of my pre-vPro Intel-based ThinkPads.
>>
>>29560842
>http://mailinator.com
>public PUBLIC email inboxes
lol what the fuck is this shit
>>
I signed up for a GB account late one night for an auction last was closing in 6 hours. I gave them my military ID and replacement paper drivers license.

I huggles my PSL.
>>
File: whyfuckinglive.jpg (237KB, 905x555px) Image search: [Google]
whyfuckinglive.jpg
237KB, 905x555px
>>29560008
>>try to sign up
>someone with my name fucked up and got his account suspended
>send email after email saying I'm not him
>call twice
>it's been two weeks and some other fucker got the .38 topbreak I wanted for $130
>still haven't gotten my account activated
>>
>>29560894
use a super long string or something
>>
>>29560801
Yeah, I'm not looking for run of the mill generic stuff these days. Gunbroker is the ONLY place where I can reliably find things like a Russian 1895, a Ross 1910, or a m27 Lebel.
>>
>>29560921
>tfw some NR nigger snipes your auction
>>
I've bought like 3 guns from GB. No issues on GB sides, just shit on the seller side. GB doesn't offer any real substantial protection though, so i try not to buy anything that doesn't offer credit card payment.
>>
>>29561105
15 minute rule looser
>>
File: 1456900509074.jpg (40KB, 605x454px) Image search: [Google]
1456900509074.jpg
40KB, 605x454px
>>29560008
They sent me a "warning" because I use a VPN on my laptop at work and log into GB from there sometimes. They think that the only use for a VPN is a fraudulent activity. Apparently, if I do it again, my account will be terminated.

Search on Google about the issue. Some people have posted on Gunbroker forums, only to have admins come in, have their retarded say about "when we look closer, there's always something fishy going on with these accounts," and then lock the thread so no one can post a follow-up or defend themselves.

I just try to stay logged out of GB and delete my cookies after visiting, so I don't accidentally visit the site while using my VPN.

Here's their original message to me:
>Due to the enormous amount of fraud originating from them, GunBroker.com does not permit access to our system from anonymous proxy servers, VPNs or any service that disguises your location. This compromises our ability to protect you and your information. If such access is detected again your account may be closed without additional warning.
Wat.

Fucking retarded website admins.
>>
>>29561502
dont try hack auction and it wont be a problem, serious is it that hard? i know owner of gunbrokers he live nearby in kenesaw ga, he is good guy and very high tech if he say it is hacking/hiding i trust it
>>
>>29561502
And this was my response to them. All they said in response was basically that they don't care, and I could be banned if I connect via my VPN again.
>This warning/policy is incredibly unfair. My computers are set up to use a VPN automatically to protect my privacy, based on the locations I connect from, which block certain websites and are overly intrusive to my activity. There are many legitimate uses to a VPN. I have never and WOULD NEVER use it to commit fraud and find the implication that I am committing "enormous amounts of fraud" on Gunbroker to be highly offensive and insulting. Banning VPN connections for me wouldn't cause me to connect non-anonymously, it would simply drive me to other websites and likely cause huge customer support issues if you banned me in the middle of a transaction.

>I also find it highly disturbing that you would threaten to terminate my account for connecting to Gunbroker via a VPN but you have taken no action to prevent these types of connections administratively, which you could do. I attempt to connect to websites all the time that simply refuse my connection because I use a VPN. All I do is turn the VPN off and reconnect. My computer connects to a VPN automatically when I start it up, though, so having the default setting result in a site ban is very volatile.

>Is there some way I can get you to reconsider this policy, or at least put a note on my account that the VPN activity is happening for a legitimate reason, will likely happen again accidentally at some point in the future, and NO it is not being used for fraud. Just look at my account! I have lots of positive feedback and not a single negative rating. I see sellers on GB all the time with dozens of negative ratings and they're all allowed to operate with impunity, but for some reason you decided to target me for trying to protect my privacy. Unbelievable!
>>
>>29561580
>dont try hack auction
This incoherent statement gives me a pretty good concept of your level of tech knowledge. What the fuck do you even think that means?

>know owner of gunbrokers he live nearby in kenesaw ga, he is good guy and very high tech if he say it is hacking/hiding i trust it
Your opinion is worth less than nothing, given your previous demonstration of your knowledge. Please fuck off. Adults are talking.
>>
>>29561625
sory yu dont get how vpn work or anything about computers privacy/security, i how ever do and agree with gunbrokers, 1/4 is fraud 1/4 is hacker, that leaves MAYBE 2/4 ligitimate not worth risk
>>
File: you tried.png (486KB, 499x664px) Image search: [Google]
you tried.png
486KB, 499x664px
>>29561664
Go back to school and learn to spell before you want to be taken seriously. I can barely understand any of your gobbling.

>1/4 is fraud 1/4 is hacker, that leaves MAYBE 2/4 ligitimate not worth risk
Where did you get these bullshit numbers, besides your ass?
>>
>>29561756
these are average number again i am expert in computer security system as well as home security. most vpn is proxy for hacking fact! like it or not!
>>
>>29561810
>these are average number
"average number" is not a source, you child.
>again i am expert in computer security system as well as home security.
I can guarantee that you are not.
>most vpn is proxy for hacking
Again, source fucking where?
>fact! like it or not!
Oh, really?! Well that changes everything!!! If you say it's a "fact" regardless if whether I "like it or not," then how could anybody ever doubt you, ever, o wise one?

Why the fuck is a 12 year old tripping on /k/?

Get the fuck off 4chan until you're 18, at least.
>>
>>29561873
pi** off lumploaf, i can see why they ban you now if you not a hacker yet you probably will be soon or scammer
>>
File: back to reddit 2.jpg (413KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
back to reddit 2.jpg
413KB, 717x880px
>>29561907
>pi** off lumploaf
>>
>>29560008

that's what you get, you stupid fucking retard. fuck you, I hope you die of an aids/cancer combo
>>
Ah the birth of a new shittrip.
>>
>>29561963

MOOOOODDDDSSSSSS!!!
>>
>>29561580
>Trip fag being retarded
WOW HOW UNEXPECTED
>>
>>29562037
You rang?
>reads thread
Oh yeah, that guy is a retard.
>>
>>29561907
It's hilarious, because this retard sounds exactly like every craigslist scammer that emails me.
>>
>>29562068
rofl i agre it seems like scammer are always complain about something! cant sign up use my illegal vpn lol ohh cant hack gunbroker boo boo boo cry me a river cupc**e
>>
>>29562296
are you that retarded skinny deaf guy that has posted under like 6 trips?
>>
>>29562386
nope sure not deaf or any other problems pal, move along
>>
>>29562476
Oh ok, my mistake. You just have the same horrendous lack of communication skills that the deaf retarded tripfag has
>>
>>29562525
good job tough guy be anonymous know you wouldmt say it to my face so whats it matter, pi** of gob knuckle
>>
same thing happened to me.

All I did was take a photo of my ID with my number and face blocked off. All they could see was my name and age and they let me have an account in 20 minutes. No issues since.
>>
>>29562386
What ever happened to that Hunter 2-1 Actual faggot?
>>
>They don't filter that one kid
Anons...
>>
>>29562539
See, the issue is you're really struggling to communicate what exactly it is that you're trying to tell me. I gathered the "say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens" meme from you but then you trail off into illegible gibberish. I understand your 9th grade English class is difficult but please try to enunciate
>>
>>29560656
>butt mad over a fucking dollar
Kike
>>
>>29560215
I used my private university email. Still had to pay...
>>
File: 1456422742320.jpg (18KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1456422742320.jpg
18KB, 408x408px
>>29562539
>pi** off
>lumploaf
>gob knuckle

You are a ten year old British child, which means you don't belong here twice.
>>
>>29560482
>You're buying guns online without regulation

>it's a bootlicker admits being a completely ignorant cucktard episode
>>
>>29561625
>>29561756
>>29561873
>>29561939
>>29562037
>>29562068
>>29562386
>>29562525
>>29562579
>Replying to tommy seriously.

What the fuck is wrong with you guys?
>>
>>29560008
GB sucks and is likely a prime target for anyone interested in attacking them, but they are the only real game in town.
>>
>>29562657
I don't keep up with tripfags, especially ones with issues using a keyboard
>>
>>29562657
It's fun once in a while.
>>
honest dont try to scame the sights and they wont ban easy as tht. if you got warning its because of vpn or other hacking tricks
>>
>>29560008
Even my 65 year old dad could successfully order a gun from them. KEK
>>
>>29561907
Holy shit. You guys know it's bait, right?
>>
I have over 200+ positive feedbacks, have bought & sold multiple funs I wouldn't have otherwise. Sorry you're retarded. Been on GB since 08, only problems are fucking newbs placing bids on shit they have no way of paying for. Stick with airshit kids.
>>
File: IMG_2943.gif (453KB, 320x189px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2943.gif
453KB, 320x189px
this whole fucking thread.
>>
>>29563420
same here been a member forever even post of general discussion forums there undernam of CaptainCrossman, been sellin mostly buying for years no problem. dont SCAM and there wont be a problem!
>>
My biggest complaint is reserve prices, they are a fucking waste of my time.
If you aren't willing to accept under $1000 for a gun don't fucking make the starting price $.01.
>>
>>29563717
>29563717
if you cant poni up for gun dont bid at all? dont expect a 300 400 500 or 1000 guns for $1 no reserve not realistic is it? if you were selling a 800-1400 gun woud you take a dollar? doubt it! give me username there ill be sure to block from biding
>>
>>29561105
Oh hey man long time no see.
>>
Slickguns.com senpai. fuck gunbroke.
>>
>>29562583
>needing to pay a dollar over your email preference
You're the kike here
>>
>>29560482
Nigga my FFL does the same shit right in front of me when I transferring my funs to me. This is what FFLs do. Gunbroke is for fudds who don't know how to shop around online or think you need a site to hold your hand and tell you they need all your personal info, because reasons. Fuck all that. You buy a gun it's shipped to a FFL you still have to do the background check and paperwork, why do those fucks need to insert themselves into it. Just seems like a lazy way for the feds to scrape information.
>>
>>29563717
Fucking this
>NIB gun through actual retail store starts at 80% MSRP
>not much traffic, 1 bid with a couple hours left
>place bid
>"reserve not met"
>wtf is reserve set at?
>email guy
>3 mins before auction ends he emails me back with RESERVE IS [MSRP of whatever it is] NO LOWBALLERS ALL SALES SUBJECT TO 3% CC FEE AND SHIPPING AND 1 WEEK VERIFICATION FROM YOUR FFL
So...what? I'm expected to pay 5-10% *minimum* over MSRP, deal with a lazy asshole who sends form emails to any question, then holds the gun for a week after payment and recipient info?

The other one that pusses me off are the chinese-ebay-style auction names.
>title of 5.56 7.62 6.5GREN AK AR MSR MAGPUL TROY COLLECTOR TACTICAL SNIPER HUNTING VALUABLE RARE BUYBUYBUY
>its a mossy 500 with otherwise accurate description
>seller has 2000+ positive feedbacks and is a paid GB sponsor partner
>>
>>29563752
the quality of shit posted on slickguns also dropped significantly since dealers started using it to advertise.
>>
>>29563837
dumby, filter auctions to show no reserve ones if you dont like reserve!!! also dont email seler with 3 minute left
>>
>>29563837
>AR AK Galil uzi AUG GLOCK STEYR MAUSER WALTHER TOYOTA STARBUCKS APPLEBEES, Etc all in the thread title
>It's a fucking flashlight

I fucking HATE when sellers do this. I'm not looking for your shit. If I was, I would have searched for that instead of something else fuck nuts.
>>
>>29560488
>25 is underage
When will the old fudds die?
>>
>>29563902
if looked or aplebees on gunbrokers you didnt get many result!
>>
>>29563907
Not before creating new fudds
>>
>>29563907
I'm in my mid 30s (and look every day of it) and have had upper middle-aged fudds (45-55) refuse to sell to me at gun shows because I was "too young and couldn't appreciate" whatever I was interested in.
>>
>>29563837
bidding on the 0.1 listings with reserve is a waste of time. i don't even know why the retards keep them up since they never sell, but they are probably the same type of retards that run overpriced gun shops hoping that an uninformed idiot will stumble in so they can get a sale.

the worst part is that if i want to search completed auctions to get a feel for what the legit going price is for a given gun i get swapped with fucking hundreds of duplicate $0.1 listings with reserve that keep getting relisted because no one ever bids high enough to hit the MSRP tier reserve. unfortunately, the retards that run gunbroker didn't think to add the option to search completed listings that actually sold. even if i sort by amount of bids i then have to wade through all the 0.1 featured listings that never sold before i can see the regular listings that had bids.

and don't even get me started on the +3% extra for CC bullshit. most online gun stores don't charge extra for credit cards, and they certainly don't charge $30-50 dollars for shipping like most gunbroker listings.

there are still decent deals to be had on gunbroker, but they are primarily on used guns and the occasional new gun that a small shop is trying to get rid of since they can't sell it in store.
>>
>>29563981
pull pant up and stop looking like gang banger
>>
>>29563981
You've been to recent gun shows that weren't just gun stores setting up booths to sell stuff tax free?
>>
>>29564044
Yeah. I go to a lot of specialty ones (Winchester Arms Collectors Association, Sharps Collectors Association, a few BPCR or IHMSA sponsored ones) where they don't have many actual FFLs with booths.

The down side is I'm usually the youngest attendant by 20+ years outside of the occasional grandkid playing on a tablet next to the guy running the booth.
>>
>>29564145
What kind of asshole refuses to sell to someone for any reason though? Did you try showing them the money?
>>
>>29563837
To be fair, you can filter out auctions with reserves. I usually do that when I'm looking for something.

Fuck the people who put tags for fucking everything in their listings and use clickbait-tier list names, though.

On a semi-related note, what the fuck am I looking at here? A parts kit build AK with a three position selector?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=552463925
>>
>>29564198
And both my instate drivers license and retired military ID and CCW, which shy of an official background check is about the best guarantee there is of lack of felonies.
>>
>>29564246
Were they just there to show off their collection under the guise of selling things? I've seen that plenty of times at gun shows.
>>
>>29563981
I feel lucky. Late 20s here, have yet to have some fudd tell me I'm too young.
>>
File: 1453891757341.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1453891757341.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>29560801
>I got my Mosin off fb
>>
>>29564238
http://www.nodakspud.com/selectormarkings.htm
>>
>>29564267
I pretty well damned myself by being interested in expensive antique guns, which are dominated by old retirees.
>>
>>29564284
So the "this is a super rare 1960 AKM!" is a bald faced lie, it's just a parts kit on a new receiver?
>>
>>29564263
That does happen at the WACA shows but most of them at least have the courtesy to either put up a "not for sale" sign or have a high enough price tag it'll never sell (or if someone is dumb enough to offer sticker price they're willing to sell it).

The BPCM guys are just crotchety old fucks who automatically dislike anyone too yound to have served 2 tours in Vietnam, and are crass enough to tell it to your face.
>>
>>29564303
That makes it even worse. What is it with guns and having shitheads, anyway? You go to a classic car show, you don't have people telling you that you can't appreciate a '68 Cougar because you're "too young".
>>
>>29564353
>also collect Chrysler 300s
Had a guy refuse to sell me a 1964 300K because "I was too young to appreciate it" even though I drove to see it in my 1963 300J that I lovingly restored.
>>
>>29564323
you're paying for the marking on the front trunnion.
>>
>>29564381
I usually get the opposite response from older folks when it comes to guns. They, at least with me, like seeing someone young who appreciates history.
>>
>>29564381
There aren't many things on earth more obnoxious than a baby boomer classic car enthusiast.
>>
>>29560868
>pre-vPro Intel-based ThinkPads

Christ that's a rabbithole I didn't expect this thread to go down when I clicked on it.
>>
>>29560008
Most don't.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.