[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which brand of night vision is this and where can i get it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: 1453316487513.jpg (423KB, 2197x1463px) Image search: [Google]
1453316487513.jpg
423KB, 2197x1463px
Which brand of night vision is this and where can i get it?

Also would it be effective for driving? Like say a motorcycle? Could I put it on a motorcycle half helmet?
>>
Thrunite brand T15s. You can't mount them to a motorcycle helmet unfortunately. But they also have thermal and x ray vision. They run on 5 AA batteries, and are water resistant. I got a few myself, and they're great. Just look 'em up and you should get results.
>>
File: Oblivion21.jpg (57KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Oblivion21.jpg
57KB, 600x900px
Also what the fuck kind of night vision is this?
>>
File: scared.jpg (33KB, 600x356px) Image search: [Google]
scared.jpg
33KB, 600x356px
>>29552964
Helghast.
>>
>>29552964
It's a movie prop

You know it's a movie prop. The filename says it's a movie prop. Why even ask such a stupid question.
>>
>>29552958
>X-ray vision

wtf are you on?
>>
>>29552929
http://shop.opticsplanet.com/atn-night-vision-goggles-nvg7-gen3.html?_iv_code=AT-NV-NVG7-3-NVGONVG73A&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=plusbox-beta&gclid=CJGT8cilg8wCFY17fgoduMAN5g
>>
>>29552929
>Also would it be effective for driving? Like say a motorcycle? Could I put it on a motorcycle half helmet?
Good god why would you do that to yourself. Do you really think that biking at night with a 45 degree FOV and no depth perception is a good idea? It's already annoying to drive with them on, let alone ride a motorcycle at high speeds
>>
File: Z0041591[1].jpg (150KB, 1024x962px) Image search: [Google]
Z0041591[1].jpg
150KB, 1024x962px
>>29552964
This but with the left eye part chopped off
>>
File: s-l30.jpg (14KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
s-l30.jpg
14KB, 300x225px
anyone know if this are actually good?
>>
>>29552929
Why are they wearing NVGs in the day ????
>>
>>29555214
Those are actually Day Vision Goggles. They take daylight, and compress it down before feeding the compressed and now highly dark image into a non backlit eyepiece. It's fir night training during the day and those who prefer night time.
>>
>>29552929
they're PVS-7 not sure if A or C model based on the hull looking like a B/D but it seems to have a dovetail mount. they're available from everyone, ATN, TNVC, MOROVISION OPTICS PLANET OWN THE NIGHT, but the come with shit tier bayonet horn interface shoe and they don't mount securely. mil-spec mounts for them are garbage and wobble, along with the interface shoe wobbling in its slot and occasionally falling out, range of adjustment is ultra limited, and the mounts are based on force to overcome instead of locking button, so after being used a lot, they can loosen up the detent and they'll start swinging down on your face while you run or move, the original mounts also place the goggle up really high and leave you prone to getting caught on something.
>>
>>29552929
no, you will have 0 field of vision. You can drive with it, but your sight will be impaired.
>>
>>29552929
>Also would it be effective for driving?
HAHAHA you mean with other drivers on a public road? LMFAO man after driving HMMVs at night in NVGS my advice is MAX OUT INSURANCE COVERAGE
>Like say a motorcycle?
Man. Look if you drive a vehicle with NVGs on private land then you're going to end up in a ditch or hitting a large rock. If you do it on public roads you'll hit the curbs a lot and run stop signs and lights. If you do it on public roads with other vehicles then you WILL get into a major accident.

If you ride with NVGS then you're going to break your leg, and that's taking it easy on private land. Do it on public roads and you won't die but you're going to total the bike and break many many bones.

Protip: Do not drive with NVGs outside of 3rd World countries.
>>
>>29555539
There's a particular group of nasty boars in my farm area that seems to love wrecking shit at night. I think they wised up when I started killing them during the day.
It's about 50 acres of farm land and I got a dirt bike that I plan on riding but there is a public road that runs through it.

I was hoping to chase them down at night and finish them all, but it sounds way more difficult now that there are some dirt roads and some sand dunes.
>>
>>29552929
I want to look like cool robot.
>>
>>29556260
It would be possible to kind of slowly search them out in a jeep, but not on a bike. I mean it would be possible but you have no depth perception so shadows and ditches look exactly the same. A ditch IN a shadow? You can't even tell, you'll just dump it.

So anything above a slow searching speed is going to be really pushing your luck, you won't be able to do that AND look for boar.
>>
>>29556344
Shit so there's not depth perception when using Night Vision?
>>
>>29556260
Just wait for a full/nearly full moon with clear skies and give yourself time for your eyes to fully adjust to the low light.

Unless your night vision is totally fucked, it's super easy to see at night with the right conditions in rural areas.

1. Wait for fell/nearly full moon and clear skies.
2. Go hang out outside for a bit with all lights off.
3. Predator mode.
>>
>>29556368
When single camera no depth perception everytime. I bet the highest tier with two lenses could be made to provide a sense of depth perception.
>>
>>29556260
A headlight isn't going to do anything to scare them off in comparison with the noise of a dirtbike.

You want to be able to ride around at night with NVG cause it'd be fun and you'd feel cool. That's fine bro. We're all /k/ here.
>>
File: pepe fire.jpg (75KB, 500x438px) Image search: [Google]
pepe fire.jpg
75KB, 500x438px
>>29556437
You got me, truth be told there are boars that come at night once in a while but they are so loud you can shoot them blindfolded.
>>
File: 1427102833117.jpg (61KB, 765x784px) Image search: [Google]
1427102833117.jpg
61KB, 765x784px
>>29555456
at least one person read this and believed it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.