[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's your weapon against monsters? i honestly can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: Cabin-in-the-woods.gif (3MB, 440x183px) Image search: [Google]
Cabin-in-the-woods.gif
3MB, 440x183px
what's your weapon against monsters?

i honestly can't watch this gif without wondering what i would do,

frankly they should have had radios, and the control room should have told them to hunker down, or do a fall back retreat.

or if they absolutely just didn't have the man power, they should have just ran as fast as they can,

but at least some grenades man.

what do you guys think?
>>
I would just shoot myself in that situation.
>>
>>29522163
i had a 12 gauge shell i designed on my old computer

it had
>silver buckshot
>rocksalt
>quartz
>white ash

its good for skinwalkers, werewolves, vampires and dispelling ghosts, apparently
>>
>>29522196
also bless it with holy water
>>
>>29522163
They didn't expect for all the cells to open like that, would be like asking your average prison gaurd to do his rounds while being a little more alert and then trapping them in a central corridor surrounded by PCP injected prisoners. Not much of a chance to even opt out the easy way.
>>
>>29522163
Sauce?
>>
50 years later and I STILL haven't seen that movie.
Anyway, probably a good idea not to stand directly in front of the containment doors.

Or are those elevators, idk.
>>
The only monsters in the world are the Redguards.
>>
the biggest problem i see is the witch, supernatural elements are hard to shoot,

the snake a 50 cal,

the werewolf and dragonbat zomies and goblins, just guns

the molesting tree, guns and fire,

the robot and witch are the biggest problems tho,

everything else bleeds.

but seriously, they needed grenades, or just should have fell back, fast.
>>
>>29522202
Wear UV lights on a rig and listen to thrash metal loud enough that anything trying to read your mind will just ripping guitar solos.
>>
>>29522210
Elevators leading to containment I think
>>
>>29522210

it's pretty gud, see it.

>>29522208

cabin in the read the file name.
>>
>>29522196
When you add in that many things you compromise all of the components by limiting the payload of each.

A do all round sounds good on paper but you need dedicated rounds to get the job done.
>>
File: latest.jpg (149KB, 1115x1067px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
149KB, 1115x1067px
>>29522163
if movies have taught me anything no monster is afraid of guns. the more tactical you go the faster you die. however all monsters fear the angry mob with pitchforks and torches
>>
>>29522218

there each individual cubes, each containing one monster.
>>
>>29522210
It's not a bad movie friend. Definitely worth watching if you're a horror movie buff and you'd like a bit of variety.

As to OP's question, here are my picks

>Good ol' 40 mic mic
>Anything upwards of 12.7mm should work well within reason
>Autocannons would be p. good, I think the bradley would be pretty handy.
Anyone agree with me in that the MBTs would not be very effective against monsters?

Logically friends, as in the battlefield, arty reins supreme
>>
File: Monsterspreproduction.png (877KB, 1600x864px) Image search: [Google]
Monsterspreproduction.png
877KB, 1600x864px
>>29522218

one monster for each cube.
>>
when the monsters stormed the base and you could see the slaughter on the cctv monitors.... this was fucking terrifying.

one of the few horror movies i actually liked.
>>
File: wall-of-death.gif (3MB, 347x260px) Image search: [Google]
wall-of-death.gif
3MB, 347x260px
>>29522232
>MBTs would not be very effective against monsters
Depends.
>>
when the girl pressed the button they should have retreated, there should have been communication with the control room

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1SV0LInE-s

and they should have had a bigger calibur.
>>
>>29522245

that would have been really good, the moment they come out of the elevators.

just reload for each wave.
>>
>>29522245
Maybe as a weapon to allow other mechanized units or soldiers to fire, but I doubt that's going to stop any serious creatures unless they are literally sucking the muzzle of the gun

However, maybe flecettes would be good?
>>
>>29522238
How did those monsters even get there, theres such a wide range of them.
>>
>>29522280

something about the old gods ruling the earth, and some other bullshit,

it's never explained HOW the monsters got in there cubes, or WHAT they do with the monsters after there done slaughtering college kids,

none of it is explained.

good movie, but even for horror fantasy, it takes alot on the suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>29522290
I skimmed through the wikipedia article on this film, it mentions some japanese company. Myabe Ill watch the film when I have time though.
>>
>>29522229
This is true. Even with a gun you have to worry about " charging bulls". Always get that fuckers yellin " I got one" and then the monster just gets back up and rapes him or deals one last blow before dying
>>
>>29522290
the old gods are the audience and its a quest for ratings
if the audience isnt satisfied their world ends
>>
>>29522216
hhahah my fucking sides
>>
>>29522163
Better contingency plans and redundancy plus failsafes. Those cube where the only things stopping those fuckers. That I recall at least. I was flipping channels and got in the last 30m maybe.

The moment they were in the ceiling though I would just off myself.
>>
File: 1460025220133.jpg (3MB, 5376x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1460025220133.jpg
3MB, 5376x3024px
Watching it now comrades
>>
>>29522327

you'll enjoy it bud,
>>
>>29522328
What was up with buzzsaw face?
>>
File: 1457995066568.png (681KB, 897x809px) Image search: [Google]
1457995066568.png
681KB, 897x809px
>>29522163
>reaper out of no where
>rips your soul out and tortures you for eternity
Too broken, good thing shit like that isnt real.
>>
>>29522335

just a hellraiser knockoff.

they reference a whole bunch of shit.
>>
>>29522347
Yeah. Kinda dumb for your security to have zero anti monster arsenal
>>
>>29522355
they have wranglers for the monsters, those guys were just regular security guys protecting the facility.

For people their gear was fine, and thats what their job was.
>>
>>29522223
what about just a silver slug, with small amounts of salt, white ash, and quartz for their magical properties

the idea is that if there is something near you, you pepper it with high energy 'magic' reducing substances, and if there is a corporeal beast the slug/buckshot takes care of it

also with this in mind, it is part of my thinking to never shoot at a paranormal entity unless i could shoot a gun freely in the area im in, i always have this situation in my mind where some demon tricks me into blowing a hole in my front door, the neighbors call the cops, and i get sent to the ward for shooting demons in my house
>>
> yfw the new ghostbusters get called to the scene thinking it's just another job
>>
Mfw the wind must have blown it open
>>
>>29522444
OK I'm done with the movie and I must say it was somewhat retarded and made me feel like it was some scp containment breech reality TV show
>>
File: offbyone.png (595KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
offbyone.png
595KB, 600x597px
>>29522223
>>
>>29522317
I thought it they had to sacrifice people every 10 years. The objects in the basement determined which monster got summoned.

Great concept for a movie.
>>
File: 1459987863046.jpg (73KB, 960x808px) Image search: [Google]
1459987863046.jpg
73KB, 960x808px
>>29523368
>off by one
Nah The /k/aliber is good enough
>>29522223
>Nice Choice of rounds in your sequentially randomly chosen post number......
>>
>>29522163
I think that horror movies are stupid and for the most part just make up bullshit for suspense.
That crew shouldve blown through at least most of them before anybody died but of course the main chick in said movie survives and a trained team of operatives dont because " lol plot armor"
>>
>>29522163
Some claymores and an ambush could have solved this easily....
>>
>>29522280
>>29522290

it's supposed to be like SCP.
>>
>>29522163
Well....I know my px4 is no good.
>>
>>29522163
>against monsters?
Growing the fuck up.
>>
>>29523410

Basically this. It's a big metaphor for the horror movie genre. The Old Gods (moviegoers) want to see a specific story play out (classic horror movie plot), if it doesn't, they get pissy and the world ends (movie gets bad ratings).
>>
>>29522163
What always bothered me about that part of the movie is that no one manages to kill any of those fucking monsters. What the fuck, guys?
>>
>>29522163
>that one guy shooting the snake at the end.

True hero.
>>
File: cabin-in-the-woods.jpg (165KB, 572x432px) Image search: [Google]
cabin-in-the-woods.jpg
165KB, 572x432px
The Last Cabinbender
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.