[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gun "assault" laws in liberal hellhole (Crossthread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

File: MNpopulationmap.png (136KB, 640x700px) Image search: [Google]
MNpopulationmap.png
136KB, 640x700px
I live in Minnesota, which has enough liberal bullshit to cause problems.
From what I remember, if threatened in one's home, you 'have the obligation to flee' rather than to stand your ground. Because for someone with children, disabilities, or invalid parents, fleeing is easy peasy.

Background
>Be 18
>Father is a rageaholic
>Beat me in the past
>Occasionally hit my sister
>Mother kicked him out 2 years ago
>He still pops around to give gifts, he's rich, we can use it
>Flipped out at me 2 days ago
>I decided to not tolerate it anymore
>Asked him to leave
>Asked him to calm down and respect us or leave
>He refused, I complied with his demands with my grandfather's inheritance as collateral
>ONLY MAD AT ME, NOT MY SISTER, DID NOT LEAVE HER IN DANGER
>He was gone when I came back
>Filed a police report, said I was afraid for my life and that of my younger sister
>We have 2 records of us seeking shelter at a safe home
>He's been in legal trouble in the past but librul courts let him off after he met demands for anger management
>I've called him back
>I'm going to sit him down and explain that I will not tolerate that behavior in front of a child
>He can respect the people in the home or get out
>I have a legal AK-47 in the home
>I want to have it with me on the table as we talk about this to keep him calm
>If he flips out at me I'm going to load my clip into it and tell him to leave

From what I heard, Eminem beat some guy with his gun, and it would have been aggravated assault if he had bullets in it even if he didn't fire (WTF??) but because he didn't, it was a minor case and probation.

I've already, as I said, made a paper trail of this.

Is there anything else I can do to maximise my legality? If he decides to go to the police and say "muh kid pulled a gun on me".

I'm settling this like a man would. Sit him down and talk to him. Explain why he needs to improve, because he thinks that if I ask him to leave a home he does not own, it doesn't matter.
Thanks
>>
>>29517743

nice blog post.

get a restraining order, keep your family and loved ones away from your dad and stay armed.
>>
File: 1451279243592.jpg (51KB, 553x362px) Image search: [Google]
1451279243592.jpg
51KB, 553x362px
>>29517766
Double dubs has a good idea. But I can't, because I can't own a handgun or CCP in this state until 21, so this is all I have.

Sorry it got long, but would you care to tell me a better plan?
>>
>settling this "like a man"
>gun on table will not upset Dad
>will load "clip" when he inevitably sees his son has a gun to threaten him.

I don't see any logic in this.
>>
>>29517789

>can't CC

then move
>>
>>29517791
Otherwise he'll ignore me or run like the jew he is.
>>
>>29517743
gun is not gonna help.
you're gonna get mad, run into your room, grab some ammo and then it all goes to hell.
just sit down and talk to him.
something happens, call the cops.
if you really need some form of protection, just have a knife on you.
>>
>>29517743

Minnesota does not require that you retreat while inside you domicile however because the person you may get into conflict with is a family member you are at extreme risk of getting dicked by the law because conflicts with close family or friends are viewed very differently by the law than a stranger breaking and entering/burglary.

Ignore that M&M shit because that has nothing to do with Minnesota state law.

Your best bet is to seek out a domestic violence advocate. I personally recommend Day One for men http://dayoneservices.org/domestic-violence/

It's clear you've already talked to him, asked him to leave, calm down, and respect your family. It's equally clear that he will not do this. It's stupid for you to continue to engage him in talk in this manner.

File an order for protection already, have local law enforcement enforce the order. He meets all the requirements necessary. It's your best recourse that doesn't involve killing him and burying him in the woods somewhere. Threatening him with a firearm is retarded and will only have severe blowback for you; not him.
>>
>>29517802
Until he's 21. OP is probably 19 or 20. It's not like he can reasonably move anytime soon and by the time he would, he would most likely be 21 and therefore able to get a cc.

As a fellow minnesota anon, this thread intrigues me. I do not know enough about the gun laws in this state. OP, are you in the cities or where are you?
>>
>>29517855
South twin cities suburbia

>>29517852
It probably is stupid. This is the final time I'm trying to fix the relationship. Not for me, but for my younger sister who is a part of his life.

I'm not going to kill him. Anyone who thinks so is a complete retard. It's not even going to have bullets in it. It's a bluff.
I'm not going to get mad and shoot him, that would make me a disgrace to any lawful firearm owner.

You are saying this would constitute a threat with a firearm, having it with me? Even if it's unloaded and never pointed at him, safety never turned off?
>>
>>29517929

>It's not even going to have bullets in it. It's a bluff.
That doesn't matter in Minnesota. A firearm is a firearm. Bringing it into play; loaded or not, is an easily proved assault with a deadly weapon charge (2nd degree assault in MN). Don't do it, all he'd need to do is talk to the cops, claim he felt threatened, and you go to prison for 7 years.

Just because it's unloaded, never pointed at him, and the safety is on doesn't mean there isn't an implication. If there wasn't an implication you wouldn't be bringing it with you.

Again, you're being really fucking stupid which is par for the course for someone your age. Get an order for protection or fuck off.
>>
>>29517991
I was not aware. I'm sorry.
I'm trying to do right by my family is all. Being rude or mean is not necessary. If I seemed such earlier it's because this is stressful and I'm being defensive.

I've scrapped the whole idea. Thank you for your consideration.
>>
>>29518250

The best thing you can do for your family is keep your father and his history of violence away from this. You can achieve this legally via an order for protection. Any domestic violence advocate in the state will be happy to help you.
>>
Just hire a crack head to stab him to death when he's in your household, then shoot said crack head "in defense of your father".

2 birds with one stone man
>>
>>29517743
I live in the twin cities as well m8. Sorry to hear about your situation, home invasion laws in MN are a little fucked.. Anyway you only have to be 21 to BUY a handgun in MN. 18 years of age allows possession of any firearm as long as youre not a felon. So reach out to a private party to buy a pistol (armslist, gun shows etc..) stay safe in this shitty weather
>>
>>29517743
>>If he flips out at me I'm going to load my clip into it and tell him to leave

>clip
>not having it loaded from the beginning

Normies leave
>>
File: 1445193618193.png (359KB, 1540x1396px) Image search: [Google]
1445193618193.png
359KB, 1540x1396px
>>29518734
>So reach out to a private party to buy a pistol (armslist, gun shows etc..)
>>
>>29517929
Showing a weapon to cause him fear is probably illegal in Minnesota. I'm like 99% certain that's illegal.
That's very needlessly escalating the situation. I'm not even going to begin to lecture you on why it's stupid to bring a weapon into it that you don't intend to use and why it's totally retarded to pull a weapon on someone you invited into your home you fucking heathen.
I'm just going to play nice, you already have a record established with law enforcement that you have problems with your relative, just have your phone on hand and call them if he refuses to leave if you tell him to.
>>
>>29518734
Could you (or anyone else) explain Minnesota's home invasion laws in more depth? I moved here a little over two years ago, finally getting a gun of my own. I'm originally from Florida, and we're stand your ground and castle doctrine there, so I have to retrain myself for a home defense scenario, to avoid jail time.
>>
>>29521425
Good luck getting a non lawyer to explain it correctly I've lived here for a few decades and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
There is a "Half castle" doctrine. You do have a duty to retreat unlike what someone else was saying before earlier.
It's sort of seems like the better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 saying in practice.
Just google Minnesota Statutes to find specific stuff.
>>
>>29517743
>clip
>AK-47

You can fuck right off
>>
>>29517743

>clips

idiocy
>>
>>29521533

seconded
>>
>>29521493
I was reading up while waiting for a response, and my understanding is the following:

>"duty to retreat" means removing oneself from the situation as much as possible, i.e. Holing up in a defensible position, and telling the invader to stay away
>"reasonable force" means not shooting an unarmed invader when you could tackle and restrain him instead, unless you have a legitimate fear for your life (he's big as Fuck/is already beating the Fuck out of you), and you have to stop when they're no longer a threat
> in order to claim "self-defense", you have to prove the invader had intent to "cause bodily harm or commit a felony", this can be satisfied by the invader forcing entry to your home, AKA you can't shoot someone for walking into your house if you left the door open

With this in mind, my home defense plan seems to be limited to:
> hear crash
> turn on light
> get gf to call cops
> load rifle and aim at doorway
> shout "I AM ARMED, DO NOT COME UP HERE, THE POLICE ARE COMING"
> hope he doesn't come up the stairs
> if he does, he's cornered me and my gf, and I would be justified in firing a shot
> if the first shot disables him, I must stop firing
> if I "follow up" and finish him off, I am now guilty of murder

If it wasn't for Florida's shitty weather and inbred population, I'd be homesick for it right now....
>>
>>29517743
>Because for someone with children, disabilities, or invalid parents, fleeing is easy peasy.
B-but the state's supposed to help me with them!
>>
>>29517743
why beat around the bush?

keep your AK in hand and tell him to fuck right off

after getting a restraining order
>>
File: 1459271539627.jpg (213KB, 918x618px) Image search: [Google]
1459271539627.jpg
213KB, 918x618px
>>29517743
as a civilian, firearms ARE NOT SOCIAL TOOLS.

as a civilian, firearms are to ensure your freedom of life and, to a lesser extent, property.

if you choose to use a firearm for anything other than personal defense in a situation where your life or property is not in direct and immediate danger, then you deserve every inch of liberal dick you get up your ass.
>>
>>29517743
dont make an obvious threat like leaving a gun in plain view you tard. at this point is already illegal. not to mention that threatening someone with an unloaded firearm is retarded in the first place.

also, there are restrictions on who can buy assault weapons in minnesota. if youre under 21, how did you legally obtain an ak?
>>
>>29521676
Because guns are like in the movies right? You just point and shoot, and hit every time?

Fuck off. Smells like bait anyways.
>>
>>29521676
but but but.

How do you load it? and does it even eject properly?
>>
>>29521700
honest question here, how good is your reading comprehension? or at least your communication skills, because nowhere did I mention anything related to the skill of an individual or what would constitute an immediate and direct threat.

so either you didn't understand what I mean or you do have a point and I'm not sure what it is based on what you've written.

or you're an autistic faggot that likes to argue on the internet.
>>
>>29521609
>> if I "follow up" and finish him off, I am now guilty of murder
Yeah because he would be incapacitated and therefore not a threat. Our home defense laws are fine here, if some nigger or meth tweaker busts in don't hesitate to shoot until he stops being "a threat." At least two center of mass should do it, one in the head if he's still standing.
>>
Wow, I went to work and came back and this thread is still up.

I've had some time to clear my head and consider what anons said and they're correct in some ways. I'm not gonna do it.
This is why I asked you, because I'm uneducated and retarded on this shit.

>>29518282
I would agree in most cases. He still has some loose ends, which is why I'm TRYING to not drop the restraining order hammer now.

>>29521686
>be me
>be 18
>don't be a felon
>walk into police dept
>fill out forms
>get permit
>walk into store and buy one
>>
>>29517743
>clip

Your father did not beat you enough.
>>
File: 1459728201206.gif (1MB, 267x219px) Image search: [Google]
1459728201206.gif
1MB, 267x219px
>>29521877
>Doesn't use my politically correct wording
>>
>>29521609
>> in order to claim "self-defense", you have to prove the invader had intent to "cause bodily harm or commit a felony", this can be satisfied by the invader forcing entry to your home

Actually them forcing their way in meeting the criteria is much more reasonable and better than I would of expected. Minnesota has a very weird mix of liberal and conservative stuff.

Why do you have a problem with not shooting someone that's no longer a threat? Like if you for sure know they're out of the fight that's pretty much an execution. I'm not saying it's wrong and depending on the circumstances it'd might even be a good thing.
It sounds really freaking excessive though, Would you agree?
>>
>>29521950
My problem isn't that I'm like, bloodthirsty or something. It more stems from that I'm forced to have my back against the wall before I can react. It's a matter of principle. An invader could break in, start snatching your shit, and meanwhile, you're legally obligated to hide in your room and wait for the cops. It places a criminal's safety above me retaining ownership of my belongings. All that being said, there's not a single possession in my house that I'd risk getting shot, beaten, or raped to keep. I just think that when a person breaks into someone else's house with the intent to rob, injure, or kill them, they've forfeited their right to any expectation of safety.
>>
I live in Colorado. If somebody's in your house you can drop them no questions asked as long as they don't live there too. If a person wanted they could literally just invite people into their house and kill them. As long as they exercise there 5th amendment right it won't even go to trial.
Also some bullshit law arbitrarily limits magazine capacity to 10 rounds, despite the fact that every sheriff is lobbying to get it repealed.
>>
>>29521609
what part of florida? judging by the inbred comment id say northern florida. moved to florida from new york about 5 years ago. started in tampa and now in boca raton. have to say its better then jewyork and the gun laws are just so much better. id say tampa was more like the shithole of ny but i can see northern Florida being a backwoods cousinfuckfest.
>>
>>29521991
Yeah but that one burglar that got caught under a pile of shit in the garage and had to eat dog food for 5 days sued and won.
And if you get bit by a dog and you're arrested you can sue the owner :)

This is a civilized society where we don't allow criminals to be harmed because a nigglet trying to get weed money is more important than an engineer or doctor and his entire family
>>
>>29522058
i still cant understand why people choose to live in these ass backward states. im from brooklyn and after leaving i can see that its just a huge prison where the citizens are both guard and detainee
>>
>>29522057
Brevard county. Palm bay/Melbourne, to be specific. Yes, it's shitty and I hate Floridians too. But the gun laws were pretty good.
>>
>>29517743
today OP brought gr8 b8
>>
>>29522068
I'm OP. I'd live in Minnesota my whole life if I could with my career choice.
If I get rich enough I'll never go to prison anyway.
>>
>>29522072
yea iv found native Floridians to be overall an inferior species. i feel like the state can be divided into 3 parts the south most just becomes Georgia the mid can fuck the hell off back to cuckyork and the lower half is more a mixed bag of disillusioned retirees and ungodly rich people who don't care really
its like getting the good parts of a red state and a blue one everyone has to much money to care and all the funs i want
>>
File: 1432042903745.gif (2MB, 230x250px) Image search: [Google]
1432042903745.gif
2MB, 230x250px
>>29521533
>>29521538
>>29521534
>being this autistic
>being allowed to own guns
>>
>>29522172
>said something retarded
>HURR DURR, IF YOU POINT OUT ME BEING RETARDED UR AUTISTIC
>>
>>29517855

I'm saying he should move to get away from his shitty dad, not move to someplace that lets him CC while under 21
>>
>>29517743
>AK 47
>clip
>>
File: 1396704501042.jpg (225KB, 733x679px) Image search: [Google]
1396704501042.jpg
225KB, 733x679px
>>29522199
I'm not OP senpai
And getting booty blasted about someone saying clip instead of magazine, and refusing to help them with their gun/family problems simply because of that, is cripplingly autistic.
>>
>>29517743
Either move the fuck away from your insane father, preferably to a state with better gun laws, or just kill the fucker and get rid of his body.
>>
You have no such obligation to flee if a felony is being committed in your home or if you are in a situation where deadly force is justified. IE: ragaholic has a knife out and is 7 feet away you don't need to stumble away, you can shoot.
>>
>>29521991
Okay I see where you're coming from. I'm in agreement with that. It just sounds kind of fucked up so playing devils advocate a bit.
>>
This is an awful idea.

Displaying a firearm in front of your violent father and intimidating him with it is just asking for trouble. The only reason a firearm should be used in a defensive manner is if your life is immediately in danger and you are prepared to harm the person who is threatening your life. This isn't the movies OP. It's not cool or gangster to slap a loaded firearm on the table to manage a social situation. Contact the authorities and avoid your father if it's that bad.
>>
>>29517929
I know you're young and full of bravado, and I know how you feel...

But seriously, don't bring a fucking gun out unless you fully intend to use it. Unless you're using it to protect yourself by making him take a permanent dirt nap, in self-defense, you're gonna be opening up a can of worms that will fuck you in the long run
>>
>>29523222
>Implying ur not OP

Keep samefaging faggot.
>>
>>29517743
SD here.

Nuke the cities, faggot.
>>
>>29524427

fuck off, MN is great

anyways, self-defense in the home is a pretty weird legal area in MN.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.065

>preventing the commission of a felony in the actor's place of abode
>>
>>29524515
>fuck off, MN is great
>entire thread is asking for clarification on self defense laws that aren't simply "if the nigga is a threat to you, your family, or your property, you can shoot him"

But no, I hear MN is great outside the cities, which is why I suggested you nuke them.
>>
>>29517991
>If there wasn't an implication you wouldn't be bringing it with you.
Exactly this.
Following the thread b/c my younger brother left based GA (where I still live) for a woman in MN.
>>
>>29524515
I'm kind of comfortable with what MN does because of that byron smith thing, it's not that the people were kids, it's kind of how he went about it was really excessive. Partly it doesn't seem like he was wrong because they would of just kept knocking him off even if they got caught. But, when you hear the facts it was so bastardous to kill the second one and how he went about it, like taking someones life is one thing but there was something really unsettling about that.
>>
>>29525105
You know what honestly, your house gets broken into multiple times, you fear for your life, you confront your fears. He shoots two people, then one of them isn't dead yet. It's a little girl, he taunted and gunned down a little girl. At least there was some legal frame work in place that just doesn't slip by. I totally get it from his perspective, stop the threat. That was some cold hearted shit. He was more a monster than any boogeyman he could of imagined coming for him.
>>
>>29525322
(Obligatory Minnesota nice- I hope this doesn't ruin anyones holiday by mentioning this thing that sort of happened politetity)
>>
>>29525105
You know having you home ransacked and your sanctuary violated can drive you over the edge. Its a violation that kinda robs you of your one place your suppose to feel safe, with peace of mind. Sure I disagree how he did it, but the why was understandable from his pov. Not that I would have done it the exact same way mind you, or tried to do it the same way.
>>
>>29524627
Free the north.
>>
Op is back.

He just told me to retract the police report and there would be no more issues.
He already gets asked about past problems at each new position. I'm wondering what the implications of that are. As in if it would be possible for him to pay my sister's child support.
>>
>>29517766
Mate, this "blog post" shit doesn't fly on the more normal boards.
>>
>>29526965

>ye olde "I promise I've changed, baby, just drop the charges and I'll be the man you want me to be"
Can't believe you're dumb enough to fall for this shit
>>
>>29527067
Yes but he has a great job and would likely not be able to get another if the claim goes through. And he pays for a lot of shit.

He's said he'd rather not come around again than get another claim
>>
>>29517743
Minnesota is amazing, don't talk shit about muh glorious state
>>29517929
>south twin cities suburbia
Go back to Iowa, fag
>>
>>29517743
Fellow twin cities fag here. I know how confusing MN laws can get. Right now im dealing with my apartment banning guns on the premesis in my rental agreement. But that goes against state laws saying landlords cant.
>>
>>29527184
Tell them that dummy. Even if they find it, which they won't, it will never hold up in court.
>>
>>29526995

>normie boards

>implying /out/ and /k/ arent the most normie boards
>>
>>29517743
>>I have a legal AK-47 in the home
>>I want to have it with me on the table as we talk about this to keep him calm
Hahaha you can't be serious
>>
>>29527205
I have but they arnt having it. I even printed out the law and showed them. But they just keep saying they will take it up with the building owner. And im not really in a position to move.
>>
>>29527420
Then sit still and give 0 fucks. That's probably what the owner is going to do. He hired those people to manage his property, not police it. Even if he does mind, he still can't do shit.
>>
File: 1454976523199.gif (216KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1454976523199.gif
216KB, 400x400px
>>29524418
Way to show you lack of autism friend!
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.