[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm in a bit of dilemma. >11 years old >grandfather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 21

File: 1453857026958.png (29KB, 208x259px) Image search: [Google]
1453857026958.png
29KB, 208x259px
So I'm in a bit of dilemma.

>11 years old
>grandfather has an old shotgun from new york
>shared his interest in guns with me, talked about them a lot and showed me how to use them
>says I can have it when I'm old enough
>passes away
>uncle and aunt in-law HATE GUNS. Takes the shotgun for safekeeping
>tell me they already sold it, heartbroken
>12 years later
>they're moving to a smaller house
>I notice the shotgun is in the back of the car they're using to move stuff
>I demand it back
>they quote media statistics and say that I'll kill myself because of that
>argument ensues and during the argument, my aunt slips out and drives away with the gun
>now the gun is at their new house and they're currently trying to get rid of it

What is my recourse for getting it back, if possible? The gun was bought in new york as far as I know, but I don't have any paperwork that my grandfather left me.

I'm thinking this will be a civil matter but other than word of mouth, I have no idea how I can get it back, whether it be through police or discussion, which is unlikely as my aunt is a die-hard liberal who hates guns with an ever loving passion.
>>
>>29512047
Give, unless you have something in writing you have no chance legally.
>>
>>29512063
Give? As in give up? I really don't want to but the odds do looked stacked against me. Can I report it as stolen? The gun's original residence was my house, as I lived with my grandfather if that helps.
>>
You say they are trying to get rid of it. If they post it publicly for sale anywhere, have a friend go buy it for you. A couple hundred bucks is worth not having to go through this shit with shitty family members, trust me. If you totally drop it with them, there's no way they'd suspect what's going on.

Do your parents have any sway with them/a non anti mindset?

I feel for you OP, "family" that is willing to fuck you over never feels good.
>>
>>29512063
This, you're fucked without that or a witness.
>>
>>29512047
Kill them.
>>
>>29512047
Unless you have a legal right to that firearm it is theres.

Tell them you found a pawn shop that will accept it and have them sell it to it, then make a deal with the owner and buy it back.
>>
>>29512079
Legally, you probably are fucked. But don't count out trying to trick them.

Consider letting it go for now. Try to be friendly with them and go visit from time to time (this can be like a matter of a few weeks, sounds like there is urgency). One day the opportunity will present itself to quietly put the gun in your car while noone is looking.
>>
Why do they possess if it they're Antigun?
>>
>>29512047
Call the police on them for owning a stolen weapon.

report the gun stolen first then tell police your aunt took it.
>>
Just take it and leave. You know full well those people aren't capable or willing to stop you.
>>
>>29512114
Liberals are not anti-gun. They just dont want the undesirables like OP to own guns.

For example they can cite suicide statistics but then still keep the gun themselves because liberals have an unwarranted superiority complex and think statistics and logic only applies to other people.
>>
>>29512108
Infact, you could probably appoligize, and offer to help them settle in/whatever and carry it out to the trash with some boxes/random shit. Pick it up that night or on your way out. then deny deny deny when they come looking for it. Store it at a friends house for a couple weeks or something.
>>
File: Magic-8-Ball[1].jpg (33KB, 650x300px) Image search: [Google]
Magic-8-Ball[1].jpg
33KB, 650x300px
>>29512047
Sorry man, you're just screwed on this one unless you find a clever way to steal it.
It was never theirs, it'll just be your word against theirs if they actually tried to bring up charges.
>>
>>29512047
just buy it from them
instead of sperging out you could of just grabbed it and hid it with it without them knowing
from the sound of it seems like it doesnt even belong to them, so if you need to register it just say it was an heirloom. im sure your shitty aunt and uncle wouldnt have gone the extra mile looking for it, but now your only chance is to just buy it from wherever they sell it.
>>
>>29512134

>they report is stolen and op is in possession of a stolen firearm
>>
>>29512047
Youll kill yourself anyways. Go buy a new shotgun and then use the new shotgun to get the old shotgun back.

And by that I mean you should make your aunt and uncle into pro-Gunners.

Heres how.

Buy new shotgun and black ski mask and a radio/IED/cell jammer from online.

Cut their phone line and throw the jammer in your pocket.

With the loaded shotgun and a crowbar, break open the door.

Once inside tie your aunt to a chair and your uncle to a chair and tell the uncle that you are going to rape his wife and there is nothing he can do about it.

Then proceed to rape your aunt.

Then shoot them both in the head, aunt first so the uncle can know he failed as a man, and then take your shotgun back and leave.
>>
>>29512153
Its not theirs to report stolen my friend. If the grandpa said it was OP's and it is grandpas property, it is OP's now.

OP can legally report it stolen. And unless they want a lawsuit then they would never report it stolen when it isnt theirs in the first place!
>>
>>29512115
this OP is the last resort

if they just want to end up destroying it you might as well fuck them over in the process
>>
File: 1455331210638.jpg (34KB, 431x455px) Image search: [Google]
1455331210638.jpg
34KB, 431x455px
>>29512091
>>29512108

Sounds like this might be my only options, and yeah it feels fucking awful. My grandfather and I were the only gun advocates in the family. Even his wife doesn't like them, but my grandfather always had it his way.

>>29512130
You described her mindset to T. And her personal reason is that her brother committed suicide long before I was even born. My mother finds it insulting that because her brother killed himself, whose not even a blood relative, means that we are also likely to kill ourselves/each other.

>>29512092
If it helps, my grandmother, his wife says herself that the gun was left for me, and she's still alive.

>>29512118
>>29512153
This infact scares me. I want the gun, but I don't want to be on the bad side of the law if that happens. I'd rather be the first to report it stolen.
>>
>spew bullshit about gun going to make their nephew kill himself
>proceed to sell the weapon to another human being
>>
>>29512153
>store it at a friends house for a couple weeks
it's like you don't even read. It would't be stolen since they aren't the actual owners anyways. If it wasn't willed to them, every surviving family member owns an equal piece of every piece of property OP's poppop had.
>>
>>29512180
They have no way to prove it's theirs. They know absolutely fuckall about it or guns in general and you have, what I assume to be, a fair amount of knowledge about the gun. They call the cops on you for stealing it, what happens? Nothing.
>>
>>29512047
Ask a friend to pose as a police officer and take your shotgun back because it was "used in a crime."
>>
REPORT IT STOLEN DUMBASS

ITS YOUR PROPERTY AND SOMEONE ELSE TOOK IT

THATS CALLED STEALING

WE HAVE POLICE FOR A REASON

AND TRUST ME THE POPO HATE THE FUCKIN SELF RIGHTEOUS LIBERALS YOULL DEFINITELY GET YOUR GUN BACK
>>
>>29512102
I like this...
>>
>>29512180
>If it helps, my grandmother, his wife says herself that the gun was left for me, and she's still alive.

Well shit in that case you have a case
>>
>>29512210
I really want to try this, but they had it for 12 years, under the pretense that they had sold it. Wouldn't that seem strange to the police?
>>
>>29512210
The least he could do is call the local police and explain the situation to them and see what they think.
>>
>>29512047
This is an easy solution, get a friend to "buy" it off of them and then he'll just give it back to you
>>
>>29512226
They're the police, they deal with shit like this all the time, it won't be that strange.
>>
>>29512225
This
>>
>>29512226
I AM LEO AND THIS KINDA SHIT PISSES ME OFF TO NO AVAIL

WE DEAL WITH THIS EXACT SORTA SHIT DAILY

DUDE YOUR GRANDMA SAYS ITS YOURS LEGALLY ITS HER PROPERTY
>>
You have one of the old owners alive saying its yours, so report the theft and get those people put away.
>>
>>29512261
This.

Stealing a gun is a serious crime and will make the self-righteous libs think twice next time they think they are above the law.
>>
>>29512225
>>29512257
Fucking this. Report it stolen, it's your grandma's shotgun anyways.
>>
CALL THE FUCKING POLICE OP GOD FUCKING DAMMIT
>>
>>29512257
>>29512242
>>29512274
>>29512311

Alright then, I think I'm going to do that. Unfortunately my mother insists that she send them a strongly worded e-mail about why they should return the gun. I know this won't work but in an effort to keep her happy I'll wait until she gets a most likely negative response. The event all happened yesterday so not too much time has passed. I don't want to wait much longer though or it's just going to get harder from there.
>>
>>29512274
>>29512261
>>29512257
You have your answer op. Fucking do it and then post the update.
>>
>>29512316
Make sure your mom in the email does not say anything about it being theirs.

make sure she writes it from the perspective that your grandma gave it to you and its your property. and they are stealing.

also be nice in the email.
>>
>>29512316
Let your mother write the email, but still get in touch with the police. They can have a chance to return it, but keep the cops involved in the whole deal so you or your mother don't say something that ends up fucking you over unintentionally. Also good to have extra witnesses that happen to be third party LEOs.
>>
>>29512316

Yeah great idea until your mother decides to warn them about your plan in her email and they dump it somewhere to get rid of it
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 251x189px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 251x189px
>mfw sweet justice when the police show up to some anti-gun liberals home because they stole a firearm from someone else
>>
>>29512367
Lol if they dump it they are more than fucked for just felony theft

Looks like family reunions are gonna be a little tense from now on OP
>>
>>29512375

That's nice except you can't prove they ever had possession of it
>>
>>29512367
>>29512387

I read over the email. She refuses to mention the police, in order to keep the peace. But that is something to worry about.
>>
>>29512330
Also forgot to mention that she did mention that my grandmother did verbally pass it to me.
>>
Since you're calling the cops anyway you might want to find out what else they've stolen from your granddad's estate. There is no way this the only thing supposed to go to other family members that they've stolen and plan to sell. Also there may be elder abuse charges if they're mishandling your grandma's property.
Beyond being antis, people who steal from dead relatives without regard to their wishes are legitimately shitty people.
>>
>>29512392
What do you mean?

When pappy dies, his wife now owns his shit if there is no will somewhere stating otherwise.

Grandma is giving the gun to OP.

OP's aunt takes the gun and refuses to return it.

this is theft and with something like a firearm in most states it is a felony
>>
>>29512392
If they respond to the email with anything along the lines of "we're not giving it back" then that will be proof enough that they have it.

If they respond with "we dont know what you're talking about" then they could still potentially deny it, but if I know people like this (and I do know several of them), they'll probably take the chance to gloat in the email about how you'll never get it back from them, peppered with quite a bit of anti-gun lecturing. Anyone who's gone so far as to commit felony theft for the sake of their principles will also probably try to smugly tell you about said principles every chance they get. Think of them as being like PETA: if they're going to break the law for their cause, are they really going to be smart about it? Or are they going to tell you that hurr durr no you can't have it back because guns are scary and dangerous?
>>
>>29512420
This. If they plan to sell it and not destroy it, then they're really just using "being anti gun" as an excuse to steal from they're family. They don't actually care about guns or anything related to them, they just want to pawn it for a quick buck and needed an excuse on the fly for why "no, we won't give it back." Had a guy do a similar thing to my great aunt. Shes dead now and he's living in her house. He's a hoarder (legit "tunnels in the garbage" level), and I'm wondering if I could just break in one night, smother him with a pillow, and then collapse one of his junk piles onto his body to make it look like he suffocated on accident. People like this don't deserve to live.
>>
>>29512450

Well if they lie and say don't have it, then all OP would need to do is report the gun stolen which means if they get rid of it, it will end badly for them.

I don't know OPs family but they sound like dickheads. Just because you are related to someone does not mean you have to be nice to them, especially when they steal and lie to you. If I was promised guns or anything like that, especially belonging to my grandfather, and my relatives did that to me I wouldn't talk to them again.
>>
>>29512102
>>29512047
This is your best bet.

There's no proof it's there's and no proof it's yours. There's no proof they ever owned it.

Do it. Take it, make your own paper trail, and never go near those fools again.
>>
>>29512186

Shit dude, sorry, I forgot leaving something at a friend's house automatically means it's no longer illegal.
>>
>>29512510
no proof it's theirs* even

It's probably time to go to bed.
>>
>>29512486
This.

My nephew stole some expensive knives and guns from my grandpas apartment when he died under the guise of "safety."

he immediately pawned them off for money

he wasnt even anti gun he just wanted cash
>>
>>29512505
"Blood of the covenant is thicker than water of the womb."

And yeah, like I said the only way I could see it ending badly for op is if they respond with "what shotgun? We've never even seen this gun." If they say anything else though, anything that even remotely points to them having possession of it, then that's probable cause and you can get the police involved. Hell, even if they try to act like they never took possession of it, op's mother and grandmother acting as witnesses is probably enough to get the law in on this.
>>
>>29512420
As far as I know, my grandfather had a rifle but that has not turned up at all, so I think that one i s a lost cause. The funny thing is they don't need to steal. My aunt was very cunning and would convince my grandfather to give her and my uncle whatever they needed(wanted).

It even came to a head when she convinced my uncle that she should be added to the will, which was originally meant for his 3 children, my mother, and her 2 brothers, which would split the pot 4 ways.

>>29512450
funny enough, the first reply they gave us was a copy pasted article about how 72% of all teen/child gun related deaths come from guns owned by the parents.

>>29512510
I really don't want it to lead to that since it's in a new neighborhood and I'll look even more suspicious.

>>29512486
my worst fear.

>>29512425
Here's where it gets a bit complicated. I talked with her again and she said that it's not legally my gun, but after a bit of talking she explained that it would of ended up with me because none of her children were interested with the gun and no one else would have claimed it.
>>
File: default.jpg (44KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
default.jpg
44KB, 480x360px
>>29512047
OP, what model is the shotgun? If it's some meh brand like J.C. Higgins, or a Savage or something like that, just forget it. Get something else, and then let them know you purchased something that is, in their eyes "worse, more dangerous", and it's because they wouldn't let you have your fuddy heirloom. Tell them that lying to you, stealing from you, and trying to profit from your heirloom reflects on their terrible quality of character. Then decide if you even want to speak to the shits after that, I wouldn't. You don't fuck with heirlooms, especially if they aren't yours.
>>
>>29512569
regardless get the police involved

it should be yours and you need it back

most old people are pushovers and will let their kids walk all over them, including stealing their shit
>>
>>29512516
Are the cops going to go to everyone of his friends' houses? All of this is a legal grey area anyways. Sounds like the gun is currently stolen and the libs are the theives, OP just wants his property back.
>>
File: 1459835991074.jpg (30KB, 344x344px) Image search: [Google]
1459835991074.jpg
30KB, 344x344px
>>29512579
I have seriously considered that, just as a giant middle finger to them. But unfortunately I was only 11 and I don't remember anything about the brand or model, other than it being a double barreled shotgun.

But the problem with me is that I have a serious sentimental attachment to it. My grandfather only talked about guns with me because nobody else was interested in them.

>>29512593
Yeah, the police is still on the table. The longest I'm going to wait is until first thing tomorrow.
>>
>>29512620

man I fucking hate liberals. They want to not let you have something that represents a cherished memory because of feels.

What is the most fucked up thing is it sounds like they have no problem potentially selling the gun to who knows (certainly not a responsible nephew). You would think if they were so anti-gun they would give it to the police or destroy it.
>>
>>29512670
That's my aunt in-law. Something happens to her and she paints the whole world the same way.

The running gag is that she's christian and my whole family is catholic.
>>
>>29512712
Catholics are Christian
>>
>>29512620
Sounds like it could have been made by the American Gun Company. My grandfather
had a double barrel made by them from New York with Knickerbocker engraved
on the side. I wouldn't try firing it though. Modern rounds would probably break the breach but it makes for a really nice piece to mount on a wall. I feel you man my aunt
inherited it cause he didn't know i liked guns but she's willing to pass it on to me
eventually. His rifle on the other hand went to an uncle who sold it off. It wasn't an
antique or anything just a shame it didn't stay in the family.
>>
>>29512047
Dont argue in person you will end up emotional (by her design or your fault).
Let it cool. Write a letter to them (aunt and uncle) not us. Make your point, tear them apart. Be cold, logical, precise and uninterruptible. Quote your grandmother about how its yours. Go into detail how it represents the quality time you spent with your now gone grandfather and how she is destroying that. How her actions are disrespecting not you but generations of living and dead family.
She has no right. Remind them they are in the wrong on soo many levels and will be forever.

If not call the authorities because your aunt already she wants to keep it for suicide. Thats not the mentality of a responsible gun owner.
>>
>>29512736
But Christians aren't necessarily Catholic
>>
>>29512712
I was shot with a .22 when i was a mere lad and Im not anti gun.

literally zero fucking excuse to be so stupid
>>
>>29512180
OP, you have a reliable witness. Were they divorced when they died or were they still together?
>>
>>29512867
When he* died
>>
>>29512806
Unfortunately, logic doesn't work on her. Sensationalism and emotion does.

>>29512867
They lived together their entire lives. She still sits in the same chair next to his at 94. Problem is she puts family before the law and I'm worried she'll backtrack in order to protect her son and wife.
>>
>>29512180
>If it helps, my grandmother, his wife says herself that the gun was left for me, and she's still alive.
Then what the fuck are your aunt and uncle doing with the rifle? That's theft.

You better go through with the police once you've waited a bit.
>>
>>29512829
This is true, and the post implies that she is a non Catholic Christian, but it also implies that Catholics are not Christian.
>>
>>29512896
I don't know by the sounds of it your aunt is a cunt maybe grams hates her also?
>>
>>29512047
Take it forcefully and threaten the dumb bitch like any other red blooded America would do
>>
>>29512180
When your grandfather passed, the gun went to your grandmother. Unless he explicitly stated otherwise.

Give her a sob story how about you want the gun to remember your gramps. Aunt will have to give the gun to her, if not report stolen.
>>
>>29512910
You're right about the first part but my grammy can't hate anyone. She wholeheartedly believes in the goodness of everyone. Also she's my uncles wife so there's that.

I could go on and on about all the shit she's done but this is an immediate issue.
>>
>>29512896
In a letter you can pull every string in the book and she cant argue with it. All she can do is be effected.
A physical written letter is a forgotten tool in this day and age.
Add photos of you and gramps of you can.
>>
>>29512967
*>IF you can (fat thumbs)

No one should suffer for someone else's cultural insensitivity.
>>
>>29512967
Well they lived next to us for nearly 20 years so I don't think she'll be inclined like that. She's a perfect example of "my way or the highway" kind of person.
>>
>>29512156
this OP.
its the only way.
>>
>>29513041
Well fuck her then. To the cops.

And give us an update.
>>
>>29512569
It's weird with families and estates. It's not always that they "need" (really want) it. They often just convince themselves that they deserve it or that no one else does. Same phenomenon you see with divorces but a bigger scale.

I've seen this kinda thing happen several times. Remember it's not just you they're fucking over. They're fucking over your granddad. He wanted you to have it. Even if you didn't care about it, he did and they shouldn't have it.
You should do whatever you can to fuck them over. For your granddad.
>>
>>29513099
It's really his only option
if she's anti-funs and posting al these moral high road statistics she's not going to budge
>>
>>29513041
Thats why a copy gets sent to grandma as well. You said she has a love of family. Point of out your aunts hate and disrespect and your love and heritage.

Its bigoted cultural insensitivity and selfish behaviour.

ugly...
Bottom line unacceptable in a modern society.

Sorry you cant negotiate with crazy. Just trying to give a level headed option. A certified letter documents you attempting the high road at least.
>>
>>29512156
I guess no one found this funny lol
>>
>>29512896
If you're gonna talk to her you may want to point out that you're aunt and uncle are the ones who created this issue by going against the entire rest of the family including your dead granddad. They are the ones you ended the family harmony. Now that the family is already split she is choosing their side if she backs down from the story and siding against you and her late husband. There is no "family" side and law side. Your aunt and uncle made it family versus family. The law is only involved because they broke the law in furthering their side of family vs family conflict.
>>
>>29513387
I wouldn't put that much trees in your Grammy. While they are going against the wishes of your late grandpa, your grandma shouldn't be faced with an ultimatum. Your aunt is persuasive, and can easily swing it her way. What you need to do is show your Grammy that you're vulnerable. Confide in her, tell her how much you miss your grandpa and just want this one thing to remind you of how much you loved him. Open up to her, get her to sympathize with you, and leave your uncle out of it. Make it clear your aunt is the one in the wrong, and not her son. For all we know, he's just going along with what she says to keep the person he loves happy.
>>
>>29513484
Stress on*
>>
>>29513484
>>29513494
I'm not saying to stress her. He just needs to make sure she understands before his aunt poisons her against him by claiming he cares more about the gun than his family, when THEY are the ones who stole it in the first place because they care more about the couple hundred bucks they'll get pawning it than their family.
>>
>>29513484
This

tell your grandma what you told us. your grandpa was the only one who you could relate with and that gun means a ton to you and is your reminder of the man he was

and now your aunt took it and wants to sell it
>>
>>29513631
I agree with that, but in your first post it just seemed like you wanted him to give her the ol "me or them" decision. That kind of thing puts tons of stress on people and can make them resent you for it.
>>
>>29513690
It did come out wrong. But I t will likely end up framed that way later anyway. He shouldn't flat out say what I typed but he weds to get the point across and get the narrative established first so that they can fall into it later. Do not let them make the first move and act like he's attacking them.
>>
>>29513387
My entire family is pretty anti-gun. But my mother's side is pretty lenient so as long as it's kept as an heirloom of sorts they don't mind. But they prefer family "peace" regardless of the cost.

This is how my aunt has ran the show for years; make a demand, and then pit family members against one another and then come in and act like the mediator. She'll then appeal to "family" and the rest follow suit. It's how she was able to buy 3 cars in a little over a year because she got bored of them, with her excuse being "fuel efficiency". (1 mini cooper and 2 priuses)

>>29513484
I'm going to try to do that. I won't make my grandmother choose sides, but I'll try to convince her of the sentimental value that I hold over the gun. She's a bit more perceptible of that.
>>
>>29514085
Well someone said previously that it might not even be able to fire modern rounds anyways
>>
$300 Ill kill the cunt for you
>>
>>29514085
You could always try to get something else of your grandfathers that's sentimental. If your aunts going to be a stupid filthy fucking whore and you cant get it back. Just be sure you buy a whole bunch of salt rifles and trigger the fuck out of them. disgusting liberals.
>>
>>29514249
Don't listen to the asshole.

I'll do it for $150
>>
>>29512093
this. blood for the blood god.
Filthy assholes like your family members shouldnt breath my oxygen.
>>
>>29514443
fuck, ill do it for a Klondike Bar.
>>
Spend that 150 on a shotgun and ask to trade them.
Being amti-gun and wanting a gun do not go hand in hand, and saying," sorry anon, its the only gun i own" ruins the narrative more than a quiet trade.
>>
break into their house and steal the shotgun along with any other valuables you can find so it looks like a random burglary. I wouldn't worry about them shooting at you.
>>
>>29512156
Finally, some constructive advice.
>>
>>29512047
>tfw have a gun hoarder grandpa
>me, two brothers, and dad all love guns
>not looking forward to his passing but know it will come eventually
>trust dad and brothers with my life
>know in my heart my brothers and I won't fight and will go on range trips and innawoods together
>will carry these heirlooms together and pass them on to our kids to have innawoods fun with their cousins
>me and middle bro know which rifles we're saving for youngest brother if gramps passes before he can receive it

Makes me really appreciate the bond my father encouraged between me and my little bros when I see how shitty family can be.

it pisses me off when I see people be this shitty to their family members like that, it's just something that ever even crossed my mind as being something a decent human being will do to their own blood.

People are shitty /k/. Real shitty.

Godspeed OP. Hope you get that gun and pass it on to your kids
>>
>>29514616
Thanks. I'm more fired up than ever to get it back. But I'm not gonna resort to violence since I do want to buy more guns in the future. Also I'm not going to sully my hands over a liberal aunt.
>>
Ok, I'm back and I need a bit more advice on reporting a stolen gun. I've never done this before so I have no idea where to start.

Looking up on google says I have to report it to the ATF as well as the local authorities. Yet it's a long gun so it's not registered. Also do I call 911 or the non-emergency number? It's not obvious enough for me.

I really have no idea what to explain to the officer. Do I tell him everything I told all of you, or should I only tell him the most immediate details? e.g. That they took the gun to their new residence and are refusing to return it. Or tell him that they took and hid it for 12 years and are now taking it somewhere else?

I'm ready to elevate this to the police but I want to be prepared.
>>
>>29515116
Don't fight or hurt anyone over it, that shit WILL bite you and you will lose all moral high ground in the eyes of your supporters

But by god don't be afraid to use the law against them and play dirty. Normally I'd advocate settling things man to man without getting the cops involved, but libtards won't hesitate to use the law against you so you shouldn't either

ROE is different with them I'm afraid
>>
>>29515595
Best advice I got for you would be to contact a lawyer and get his advice on it, preferably one that specializes or works with firearms and estates

If that can't be done you might wanna go down to the station yourself, not sure on that though other anons are welcome to chime in
>>
>>29514586
ILL DO IT FOR A PENNY AND THREE LICKS OF A TOOTSIE ROLL POP
>>
>>29515878
ILL LICK YOUR ASSHOLE IF YOU LET ME DO IT
>>
>>29515901
I'll lick anyone's asshole just for the fun of it honestly.
>>
>>29515865
I'm thinking of heading to the station rather than calling as it might be easier to explain the situation.

>>29515653
I'm more than willing to use the law. My entire family is against me as they're worried I'm going to ruin the peace that we have. But really it's that they're very afraid of conflict.
>>
>>29515595
>>29515865
Talking to lawyer is good advice. Florida is full of attorneys who specialize in estate work.

If you do just go to the police you'll probably want to tell them everything. You don't want them looking into it and thinking you wheren't upfront with them.

A few questions if you don't mind. So your granddad's estate was split 4 ways right? Who was the executor?
>>
>>29515993
Heading to the station might also make it easier to get everything in order in regards of who to report it to. Plus it gives you a chance to get the cops on your side on a bit of a personal level, just don't come off like a whiney brat and make it clear that the true value of the shotgun is in its sentimental value

>it's just that they're very afraid of conflict

Totally get you man. But they wronged you, and if everyone in your family expects you to shut up and be cool about that then fuck them. If this is all it takes to "ruin the peace" then they seem like they have underlying problems.
>>
>>29515993
If your entire family is against you you're going to have a hard time getting the gun back through legal channels since you won't have witnesses.
That said if they aren't really against you but are against the course of action that may not matter once the conflict becomes real. You need to convince them that this is very important to you and that you aren't the one creating conflict, your bitch aunt it.
>>
>>29515961
Id let you lick my asshole for free
>>
>>29516085
Take me on a range date first~
>>
File: 1407209591987.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1407209591987.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>29516017
All this talk of lawyers and stuff makes me want to kick myself for not getting the gun sooner when it was still at the old house. But then again I didn't even know they had it.

As for your other question. The will is under my grandfather and his wife, ergo both need to be dead for the will to take effect. I can't remember clearly but either shortly before he died or right after, my uncle was convinced by his wife, my aunt, that she should be included in the will.

This means that originally the estate was an even split between 3 siblings for $750,000. Now it's a split between 3 siblings and a wife, so they get a bigger piece of the pie since they're still married. Their argument was that they had 2 kids so they had a bigger burden, despite 2 of their homes being partially paid for by my grandfather while he was still alive. To make matters worse, they cut gets even bigger because they rolled the value of the house that my mother and I are living in because we lived with my grandparents, therefore we had a bigger support system.

So now the current setup is that they get about 60% of the $750,000 while the 40% is split between my mother and my single uncle, along with the house that we're already living and is depreciating fast. And who are the executors? My mother, and her brother, my bitch of aunt's husband.

I hope this tells you everything you need to know about her.
>>
>>29516091
Im not gay but this turns me on

Can we do WW2 roleplay
>>
>>29516192
Your aunt sounds like a controlling bitch. I bet her husband is a cuck and she wears the pants.

another entitled fucking liberal thief what a surprise. you should accidently kill her without anyone knowing youd be doing this world a favor
>>
>>29516214
If it makes you feel any better or worse, when they got married, she was a petite 110 lb. Now she hovers around 190-220, and is beachball round.

I really have nothing nice to say about her.
>>
See if you can't turn dear old grandma against her and get her fat ass written out of the will
>>
>>29516275
Impossible. My grandmother is far too senile to do any legal matter so she gets talked into signing anything. And my aunt's husband is an executor, and he's obviously not going to miss the chance to spoil his wife.
>>
>>29516297
The thing that pisses me off the most is that your of legal age to own a gun I could understand if she held onto it when you were 11 and shit but this is just infuriating
>>
>>29512670
As a liberal who shoots on the range every other weekend, I can also agree that I really fucking hate anti-gun whackos. I personally don't even think gun restriction really fits with liberal ideals: normally the left tends to support the freedom to use goods or services which are argued to be hazardous.
>>
>>29516253
Cook her food with excessive amounts of lard and kill her with a heart attack.
>>
>>29516355
Yep, I could go out right now and legally buy something far more dangerous than a 30 year old shotgun. But that's not the point, I want my GRANDFATHER'S gun.

>>29516383
I think she's immune. She practically lives off starbucks fraps and noodles n' company
>>
>>29516400
Well once you get the gun it won't be long before the world is rid of her. I'm betting you won't bother to go to her funeral.

At least she's not one of those health nuts.
>>
>>29516400
>>29516421
go to her funeral man for your grand fathers sake. You think he'd be happy knowing how much animosity there was because she was a fucking moron and you wanted something he left to you?
>>
>>29516442
If you're talking about my grandmother of course I would. If you're talking about my aunt, I'd have to.
>>
>>29512063
Have a friend try to by it. Or find out where they sell it and buy it from the second party.

If they sell it for what it's worth you might be fucked.
>>
Op I had a similar situation. My grandfather was a farmer here in Iowa, and he wrote "I leave my guns to my grandsons, when they are ready and if they want."

My redneck hoarder uncle took all of them (a few shotguns, a 38 special, and a couple 22's). I asked and asked and never got a response. Finally I wrote him a strongly worded letter. Next time I was at my grandma's house, he dropped by and gave me a 12 ga single shot, 22lr lever action, and the 38 special.

I know that my situation went a lot easier that yours, but just remember things work out. Good luck OP. You just have to keep pushing don't give up.
>>
>>29516192
You probably need to talk to a lawyer man. Honestly you and your mom will probably end up needing one later anyway. Even beyond trying to get the gun back you'll already have someone familiar with the estate plan.

Without knowing the estate plan though it may well be that your aunt and uncle have no claim to the gun at all right. Whether the cops are willing to go through with that is another matter altogether. They might be more willing to look into it if they have reason to suspect that your aunt and uncle are exploiting the elderly though . . .
>>
>>29516776
Thanks. I'm trying to maintain my composure, just worried because my aunt is known to act on her own and I'm worried she'll find a way to get rid of the gun before I can take action.

I'm planning to go to the station first opportunity tomorrow. I'm thinking of writing down all my argument points so I don't forget anything.

>>29516825
If it does come to that, I will.
>>
>>29516841
You really need to contact a lawyer. Police don't really like to get involved in civil matters.
>>
>>29516841
You'll do great, OP. Keep your cool, don't be an autist. Jokes aside, just keep you head on and explain to the officer your situation. You'll be good. Just a tip, DON"T MENTION ANY OF THIS TO THE AUNT. she sounds like the person who would quick take it and sell it for 50$ at your lgs, or worse, to make sure you don't get it.
>>
>>29512091
>>29512102
/k/ encourages straw purchasing
>>
>>29516953
>i dont know what straw purchasing is: a book by anon mcgee
Hint;
Its buying a gun for someone who cant
>>
>>29516959
No, it's using a confederate to buy the gun when OP is the true intended owner.
>>
>>29516841
Good luck OP. They may not do much but at the very least this will help create a record.
>>
>>29512226
I'M NOT >>29512210 >>29512257 BUT DO IT! DOOOO IT! DOOOOOOO IT! I mean I'm not saying to make them your enemies and forgive them for tresspassing against you but they are in possession of a STOLEN FIREARM! Think about that for a moment. What would you do if somebody else stole one of your firearms?!
>>
>>29516841

Do you know the model of the shotgun? That might help you because it recognizes that you're the owner of the gun who knows exactly what it is, versus your aunt who can't even name the gun in her possession.
>>
>>29517008
>straw purchase
noun US
a criminal act in which a person who is prohibited from buying firearms uses another person to buy a gun on their behalf.

OP is not prohibited from buying a gun, get fucked
>>
File: 1371276001097.jpg (56KB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
1371276001097.jpg
56KB, 300x277px
>>29512486
kek
>>
File: 1436352526417.jpg (90KB, 388x446px) Image search: [Google]
1436352526417.jpg
90KB, 388x446px
Well, I'm back. And it's not looking good at all.

My uncle responded to my mother's email and they said that the gun rightfully belongs to him because he used it with my grandfather to go hunting in England, before they moved to the states. I highly doubt that but I can't prove anything without the serial number or some kind of identification. Then I got guilt tripped for an hour on how I'm ripping the family apart over a gun and that I need to just drop it. They said in due time I will get the gun back, but it will be disabled so it can't be fired. I don't know if it's permanent or not but as far as I know the internals are original and I want to keep it that way.

I don't know what to do. I'm going for a drive so I can think things over but it's not looking good for me. Not even sure I want to go to the police anymore.
>>
>>29518146
>back. And it's not looking good at all.My uncle responded to my mother's email and they said that the gun rightfully belongs to him because he used it with my grandfather to go hunting in England, before they moved to the states. I highly doubt that but I can't prove anything without the serial number or some kind of identification. Then I got guilt tripped for an hour on how I'm ripping the family apart over a gun and that I need to just drop it. They said in due time I will get the gun back, but it will be disabled so it can't be fired. I don't know if it's permanent or not but as far as I know the internals are original and I want to keep it that way.I don't know what to do. I'm going for a drive so I can think things over but it's not looking good for me. Not even sure
go to the cops man make it such a problem they regret it. that's how you get even they punched you you smash their legs with a bat rule of the world man
>>
>>29518146
what the fuck, no.
legally that's not even close.
if your grandpa said that you would get the gun and you made that clear, it is your firearm.
they have no fucking right to disable it nor claim ownership.
you need to get the cops involved, and fucking soon.
also fuck your uncle, i hope he gets sucked into a woodchipper.
>>
>>29512180
Fucking moron.
>>If it helps, my grandmother, his wife says herself that the gun was left for me, and she's still alive.
They are in possession of a stolen firearm.
Step 1, simply ask grandma for a letter saying it is your inheritance.
Step 2, have her call them and say to them, this very same thing. Do not let her discuss anything. She is simply to state the truth, and no other words. None!
Step3 , inform them immediately after that, that you have the aforementioned letter stating you are sole inheritor.
Tell them they are in possession of a stolen firearm, which is a felony, and that while arguing, auntie drove away. Tell them to get ready to be arrested under felony charges.
Step4, ???
Step5, profit

Go inform your local Leo station as well. Let them know your planning to press charges if they don't return said gun.

Grandma's word is legally binding in a matter of inheritance. Get it on paper first.
>>
>>29512180
>>29512047
Tell them that that is the last shard of your grandfather, it's a part of his soul.
>>
>>29517008
Thats called gifting or buying on behalf of someone else and is totally legal

Only if they are prohibited is it straw
>>
>>29517144
>>29518417
I was gonna say have gramma tell them it's his, but this is a good plan to show legality in who owns it.

Just be civil with gramma and your uncle.

Claiming he hunted with it, bt wants to make it unusable for future hunting? Destruction of property/family heirloom.

Gramma writes a letter, take it to a lawyer, get it notarized. Bulletproof legality right there.
>>
>>29518146
From what you've said the main evidence it's yours is gonna be your grandmother saying so. Honestly she's the one to talk to about it if you aren't gonna go straight to the police.

Don't fall for the guilt tripping. He's the one willing to tear the family apart over a gun, not you. Call him out on that if he tries it again.

Make sure you talk to your grandmother as soon as you can. If not you risk him turning her against you.
>>
>>29518146
>They said in due time I will get the gun back
How exactly did they say this? If they acknowledge in any way that the gun is yours, you have a case. You need to lawyer up.

As to your family.
They realize that the gun was for you?
They realize that your aunt is violating the wishes of both you and your grandfather?

If yes. Then they are not acting like family and can fuck off. It's times like this when you realize of YOUR real family is.
This could lead to places you won't like, but you should still pursue it, it may be bigger than just the gun.
>>
>>29518146
>>29518505
Also from the sound of it there's gonna be a fight in the family over your grandparents' estates anyway at some point. Letting your aunt and uncle win now is only gonna make things worse later on. You can take a stand now with your grandmother alive to back you up or you can give up and once she passes your aunt and uncle are gonna screw you all and try to everything later.
>>
>>29518417
do this OP, also look into a lawyer.
when you have your grandmother write said letter, it needs to be crystal fucking clear, because you will get it notarized and then it's set in stone.
make sure it says what you want/need it to say.
if the thought of legal pressure is something you can't do, a simple ultimatum will suffice.
just something like you will drop it if you get the gun or you will pursue them in court/leave the family (which I would consider doing, they're fucking disgusting people)
>>
>>29518506
yarrrrr, sounds like the aunt is wearing uncle cuck's pants
the letter from grandma is legally binding
uncle saying you can have it later is acknowledging it's yours

get that letter, tell local pd station like other post said, see if they will call them for you, but without pressing charges, tell them if not returned you will press charges, also, email of plans to alter your shit is major incriminating

tell them since aunt dykola drove away during the argument she's waiting to be prosecuted as a felon

GET THAT FUCKING SHIT IN WRITING FROM GRANDMA YOU FUCKING IDIOT!

it's over after that, golden via real use of law, just be calm the whole way with everyone, like this is you buying a pack of gum regular
>>
>>29518146
Be the Anon with the FUCKING GYROJET (plus other NFA funs.) Fight for what is rightfully yours. Do not let them win. Listen to the Anon >>29518554 and prepare for a fight for everything else. It doesn't have to be $1Mil in funs. It's a firearm that means much to you.

At least TALK with a lawyer. That's the least you can do. If you can get any victory, you can use that against them for any future fights.
>>
>>29513136
Friend's COUSIN came into possession of (friend's dad's) two guns. Cousin won't give them up. Family members can be shitty sometimes...
>>
>>29518417
This.

Friend's COUSIN came into possession of (friend's dad's) two guns. Cousin won't give them up. Family members can be shitty sometimes...
>>
>>29518664
Yep.
OPs story reminds me of something an estate planning attorney told me once. He said in a family with three kids you mostly end up with one really good kid. Takes care of the parents when they get older, helps out the siblings when they need it, tries to do everything right. You get one ok kid. Mostly does his own thing but he does right by his parents and doesn't try to screw his siblings over. Then you get a shitbag. Kid who either shows up at the funeral without having spoken to anyone in years, crying and holding a will from nowhere that gives him basically everything because he really needs it. The kind that tries to close the family business his siblings have worked at their whole lives because he wants to cash out. Usually married to someone who hates the rest of the family but always gets their way.
He said that he found that most of his clients knew this deep down and part of his job was helping them set up their plans to prevent the dick from screwing over the other kids. He also had to watch out for the third kid trying to influence them. Said in some cases the parents would know they couldn't resist so he'd to set things up so they couldn't change it later even if they wanted.
>>
>>29516953
For it to be a straw purchase, OP has to be legally incapable of legally purchasing the gun and another party purchases it on his behalf knowing that he cannot legally own a gun.

You can try some legal bump around to force them to give you the gun maybe but honestly I would see if you can get a friends to buy it from them or arrange for a shop to buy it and then get it from them.
>>
>>29518146

Why have you not called the police yet.

Call the police.

Police.
>>
File: murica.jpg (11KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
murica.jpg
11KB, 275x183px
>>29512047
Shit yourself in front of your family and throw the shit at them if they don't give their gun back, they'll ethier run away or get a disease and die so you get a gun ethier way, don't thank me ;)
>>
Wow, did not expect all the encouraging responses. Feeling a little better already. Anyway, I'll try and condense everything and see if I can make this clearer

>>29513136
>They often just convince themselves that they deserve it or that no one else does

That's pretty much what they told me. And now I'm starting to feel like that's the case. I have no tangible proof.

>>29518233
>>29518276
My grandfather said I could have them, but this was when I was 11. For all I know, he could have been kidding me. I have no idea how I would prove that to ANYONE.

>>29518417
>>29518505
>>29518506

The will from what limited knowledge mentions nothing about the guns he owned. This could be a bluff as I'm not allowed to see the will and this information comes from my mother, who is a staunch defender of her brother. The 2nd problem is that my grandmother will always side with her children, regardless of whether it was for me or not. When I talked to her again, she double tracked on what she said and that it was my uncle's gun. Also she now says it's from England because my mother told her, after she first told me it's from New York. This makes her pretty unreliable.

>>29518439
To me it is, to them it's a baby-killing machine.

>>29518554
Oh don't worry, my uncle(read aunt) is a pro at bullying my grandparents and guilt-tripping their siblings. The will is already set in stone for now.

>>29518646
She's wearing his underwear too.

The end result is that it looks like I'm going to have to find a lawyer. Problem is that I don't exactly have money to just throw like that and the very thought of being 1 vs the whole family over a gun makes me queasy. Tomorrow is still unknown but I may just make a short visit to the station and perhaps see what my chances are.
>>
>>29519578
Forgot to mention that because my mother and her brother are the executors, they pretty much dictated everything on the will because my grandmother is a pushover and hates doing paperwork. She would sign her own death warrant if they bugged her enough.
>>
File: 1458513918677.jpg (25KB, 480x433px) Image search: [Google]
1458513918677.jpg
25KB, 480x433px
Bro, get the cops involved asap. I have nigger relatives like this and they will keep getting worse until someone stands up to them. Fuck them dude, they don't even have enough respect for you as a family member to do this.
>>
If they intend to deactivate it, make friends with the local gunsmiths/LGSs and tell them your story. Convince them. Then, when your shitbag relatives show up with the shotgun and demand it be deactivated, the smith/LGS will either tell them to fuck off or, depending on how much they believed you, take it and just give it to you.

Alternately, find a way to get the serial and report it stolen. Wait for some family party and when they're distracted/drunk find the shotty.
>>
>>29519578
You've got your mother and grandma on your side, not to mention the law and justice and the spirit of your grandfather.
>>
>>29520160
Well I read the posts, I guess your mother and grandmother have betrayed you. Try to convince them and get them on your side. If grandma can be guilt tripped, then do it. Never let them see that they get to you.
>>
>>29519578
>not allowed to see the will
isn't that something you are legally able to do, regardless?

>>29520115
do this.

also, you're not fighting the family just over a shotgun.
it's a family heirloom, a principle of the fact that they fucking hate you, and your legal rights.
the revolution wasn't just about taxes, this isn't just about a shotgun.
best of luck.
>>
>>29520335
Thanks, but to me it's an heirloom. To them it's just a killing machine. Pretty everyone in my family sees it as a killing machine.
>>
>>29520380
maybe if they're religious you could say you went to a medium, spoke to your grandfather, and he said that the gun is rightfully yours
or you could just kill them all.
>>
File: 1452902782506.png (160KB, 310x309px) Image search: [Google]
1452902782506.png
160KB, 310x309px
>>29512047
Legit steal it back during a visit bro.
Offer them one last chance even offering them more than the market value for it.
If they refuse you seem like you give up with Grace but then steal it at the first available opportunity.
PS don't keep it anywhere the cops would find it for at least a few months if not a few years
But if you're not up for what is essentially committing a felony. venues New York shitty Gun policies against them.
Go to the police station ask to speak with a detective and tell them that you think they have any legal firearm make up some b******* that you're concerned for their well-being and I guarantee you they will not get s*** from that gun scorched-earth bro.
>>
>>29512180
if theres one thing the ATF actually does right, it's stolen firearm cases, give em a call.
>>
>>29520380
Any chance of winning some of them over with facts and how guns aren't the problem?
>>
>>29518146
>you're ripping the family apart because we won't give you what's yours
cunts.
call the cops, tell your family you'd do the same to them if they were keeping property from you, then tell them to drop it because they're tearing the family apart.
>>
Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to sleep on it because I really can't come to a comclusion. I'm really starting to doubt if I have any right to the gun st all. I feel like I'm going to embarrass myself at the station.

Do I want it? Absolutely
Do I deserve it? I'm not so sure anymore.
>>
>>29512770
>double barreled shotgun
>must be made by X manufacturer

You're retarded
>>
>>29520733
god fucking dammit.
they tricked you.
you are doing what they want.
christ OP.
all hope is lost.
>>
>>29520733
You don't deserve it when you're being such a pusillanimous little bitch. We've all told you to get your grandmother's opinion in writing and go to the cops. You've just waffled about getting a lawyer, and let your mother do the talking.

Fucking be less of a girlyman already.
>>
>>29512047
>wait till they're not looking
>or wait till they're not home
>go in
>grab
>hide it
>tell them it must have been stolen

Tada
>>
File: walkaway.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
walkaway.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>29520454
>b*******
>s***

Holy fuck
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>29520733
Get that gun back or die trying. Do it for gramps. If you don't at least try this will be a major regret for the rest of your life. you can do it op.
>>
>>29521213
Voice to text?

>venues

Then use?
>>
>>29520733
Only the enemy dictates when they've truly won, but only you dictate when you've truly lost.
>>
>>29520733
>Do I deserve it? I'm not so sure anymore.
Of course you do man what the fuck. Your grandfather wanted you to have it, it doesn't matter if you were 11 at the time. You don't say something like that if you don't mean it.

>>29519578
>I don't exactly have money to just throw
That's what the small claims court is for man. Don't but into the memes that legal stuff is too expensive.
>>
>>29520733
Could you copy paste the email sent to your aunt/uncle and the response?

I would also recommend recording all conversations about this gun with your family. The point is the catch them admitting that it is your rifle.

The anon talking about small claims court is right. This is a civil issue, police can't really help with civil issues.
>>
OP you sound like you're pussing out. Gonna offer some final advice.

Talk to your family and explain things. It is your shotgun. Your granddad already gave it to you. That's why it's so important to you. Your uncle has stolen from you and keeps lying about it. First he said that he sold it years ago. He couldn't legally do that but he's have had to tell the family anyway. Then he told you he was selling it now because it's dangerous. Finally he's all the sudden come up with this new story that it really means a lot to HIM but he'll give it "back" to you (implying he knows it's yours) after he ruins it. If that were true why'd he try and steal it? Why not say that up front? Make it clear that all you want is your property back and that if he is doing this to you now he's gonna do it to everyone else worse once grandma passes and he no longer has to even pretend to be nice. It's for everyone's best interest that you stop this now.
Make sure grandma knows how important this is to you and was to granddad and that it's really your bitch aunt who isn't even part of the family who's doing this. She's already screwed your mom and other uncle out of their fair share of the estate and now they're fucking you over too by stealing property that your granddad gave it to you and was just holding on to.

Finally see a lawyer and get his advice. He can write a demand letter. The last thing your bitch aunt and asshole uncle are gonna want is courts involved. Just reading this new will to the jury alone is gonna have them on your side as they wonder how your aunt got equal footing with the kids. That's not to mention the fact that the lawyer could mention getting the cops involved. A lawyer calling the cops makes things even more serious because it lets them know you won't let up.

This will create a fight but there's gonna be one anyway over something later. Your grandmother probably knows this deep down and is just hoping she doesn't have to see it.
>>
>>29522764
>>29522730
That sounds pretty good actually. I'm still not sure if I should go to the station today but I don't have a problem going to small claims or a lawyer. I'll do some research to see who I can talk to.

I'll post the letters when I can get my hands on them.

>>29521190
>>29520454
In all honesty is this illegal? Because this isn't impossible either, just much harder now that they're at a new house and I've never been there. I have a clean record and I don't like the idea of them turning the tables and calling the cops on me.

>>29521140
All of this is new to me. I've been raised my whole life to just let things be, turn the other cheek bullshit, with fear of alienation and "breaking up the family". Let's just say it's made me a very bitter person. But I'm not out yet.
>>
>>29523370
It's sounds like you have two letters giving completely different reasons for why they won't give you the gun. That alone disproves their story.

Your uncle doesn't respect your family or care about "breaking up the family" (which is gonna occur about 30 seconds after grandma passes anyway). Don't backdown. He's taking advantage of the family dynamics. Remember he's doing this to you AND your granddad by going against his wishes. He's gonna end up doing it to the rest of the family as well unless someone stops him.
>>
>>29523370
>In all honesty is this illegal? Because this isn't impossible either, just much harder now that they're at a new house and I've never been there. I have a clean record and I don't like the idea of them turning the tables and calling the cops on me.
If you just take the gun? Technically no since it is yours, but they will tell the cops you stole it. Your word vs theirs.
If you break and enter to get it that is still a crime.

If you were to wait until they are gone then b&e take some other stuff too. There would be know way they knew it was you cops couldn't do shit either, b&es are almost never solved.

If you decide to take this route, don't tell anybody about it, ever. Not your mom, friends, us, anybody. Never show the gun to anyone involved, buy a nice case with a lock. If you ever take it out, say it is your gun that you bought.

All that said, don't take that route unless you exhaust all other options.
>>
>>29512156
This seems like the only logical choice, desu familia.
>>
>>29523516
Yeah, it didn't sound so good after saying it out loud.
>>
>>29523370
Working on advice of Anon >>29523487
If you're lucky, they will give another reason as to why the firearm is rightfully theirs, giving you another bit of evidence to point out discrepancies between their statements in the letters.

Anon (OP) please post the letters that you have received. It would make it much easier for us.

Really, the courts hate it when people try to lie or backtrack. Point out discrepancies. Reduce their trustworthiness. Get the judge on your side.
>>
File: 1368556727352.jpg (98KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1368556727352.jpg
98KB, 500x371px
So at the moment, I can't get a hold on them because my mother refuses to forward the messages to me. They refuse to communicate directly so I have to do it through my mother.

But she did let me read over them and it the first message is just a cut and paste article about how children and teens are killed 72% of the time by guns owned by the homeowner. The second one is more personal and says my grandfather gave him the gun and they went duck hunting in England and in the US. He also says that he always liked the gun but lost interest in it and is more concerned with everyone's safety. He also states that I'm not worthy of holding the gun because I went through an emo phase right after my grandfather died, as well as getting into a heated argument 2 days ago about them pulling the wool over my eyes about the status of the gun.

But in my defense it's hard to defend myself against an extremely aggressive deaf man, and his EXTREMELY gun-fearing hard-of-hearing wife.
>>
>>29523793
I forgot to mention I did get in contact with a lawyer and from what he told me, if the gun isn't stated explicitly in the will, then the gun solely belongs to my grandmother, as she is the final owner of the will. This is a problem as she does not care in the slightest who owns it, which puts me in a rut. I'm already planning on buying something much more dangerous looking just to piss them off.
>>
>>29523829
Do it and offer to trade
>>
>>29523854
Or buy a gun and offer to take your aunts kids shooting turn them into pro guns
>>
>>29523829
OP, why don't you ask your grandmother for the rights to it? If you can formulate a good argument (taking good care of it, keeping it in the family, not going to pawn it like a chimp, etc.), then you might not have to get other parties involved.
>>
Just kill them OP

They are fags
>>
>>29512047
Seek legal council immediately, get onto it the legal way, first you should try to get your lying stealing sacks of shit relatives to admit it exists to the police with your legal representation present, then take them to court over ownership, hopefully just threatening them with court with a legal representative present should scare them into giving you a gun they don't want.
>>
>>29523865
Ha! Both her kids are out of the house. One is married, and the other fucked off to California. The one that went California had some interest in it, but didn't want/couldn't take it on a plane. That was 5 years ago. I'm actually the youngest.

>>29523854
That is a thought. But it feels so wrong paying so much for what I feel belongs to me anyway, since nobody actually wants it for sentimental reasons.

>>29523872
Problem is at her advanced age, she needs her executors to do anything at all. And with them being my mother and uncle, they will just outright deny it. It doesn't matter to them if my grandmother is the owner, they just do what they feel is right, and their mother will always follow suit to please the family.
>>
>>29523933
Wait if both kids are adults why's she still in the will?
>>
File: tmp_8423-145570821414824812684.jpg (495KB, 1913x3000px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8423-145570821414824812684.jpg
495KB, 1913x3000px
>>29512047
Be like this OP "Look, I know you don't want the shotgun, I do, I know you don't want me to have the shotgun because you think guns are going to harm me, either you sell or give me my grandfathers shotgun or I am going to go buy a shotgun from somewhere else, I would much rather have my grandfathers gun, but in any case you will get rid of the gun nd I will have a gun, but if you don't sell/give the gun to me, you will be robbing me of an heirloom out of your selfish misguided attitude."
>>
File: 1421264239815.jpg (15KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1421264239815.jpg
15KB, 184x184px
>>29523970
She's a spoiled cunt. My family was pretty wealthy (not rich) when she met my uncle, and she came from a hick family. The rest is history.

>>29523983
I will most likely end up buying my own. But I'm glad I still told the whole ordeal here.
>>
>>29523990
You said it was a side by side right? Get a stoeger condor and gloat about it. The only way to deal with these people (outside of pressure from the law) is to act like a child. They'll eventually want to trade, and BAM you got your shotgun back.
>>
>>29524035
They want to get rid of the gun they have and not have OP have it, his antigunner Aunty & Uncle don't want a "Nicer" gun.

But yes, OP should flaunt something like a Saiga 12 with a ten round magazine and vertical grip and laser aiming module and shit, just to stick it to the cunts.

"Well you wouldn't let me have the Fudd gun, so I went full tacticool"
>>
OP ypur story made me legit upset. Look forward to good news from you, fuck those people.
>>
File: A Drink For Valhalla.jpg (368KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
A Drink For Valhalla.jpg
368KB, 960x640px
>>29524112
Fuck yes. Go babby-killer as much as possible. Under barrel super shorty, black tactical rails on the buttstock, ACOGs and 10x scopes on the side rail, and make sure to get the Picatinny rail mounted Battle Mug.

Go full retard OP.

It that gets stolen by your relatives, then you can believe they're liberals, and not just greedy assholes.
>>
File: 1391735596781.png (82KB, 255x230px) Image search: [Google]
1391735596781.png
82KB, 255x230px
>>29524112
I didn't actually know what a fudd was and after finding out, that is hilarious and also very anti-gun. Looks like I will go full tacticool.
>>
>>29524331
I didn't make Fudd, I am also precluded from owning anything BUT Fudd guns, since I am in Australia.

I own a couple of bolt action rifles.
>>
You said your grandmother knows the gun was left to you? Well then just report the gun as stolen to the police and if they ask questions let them know your grandfather left the gun to you with your grandmother as a witness.
>>
File: 1453214081309.gif (1MB, 415x208px) Image search: [Google]
1453214081309.gif
1MB, 415x208px
"Welp becuase you disgraced gramps, I had to do him justice"
>>
>>29524648
Apparently his grandma turned on him.
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.