[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into balisong/butterfly knives but I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 134341341722412.jpg (5KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
134341341722412.jpg
5KB, 212x238px
I want to get into balisong/butterfly knives but I don't know any good brands or distributors. Can /k/ help me out?
> I'm super cheap so anything over 150 i won't buy
>>
>>29506627
Buy a 15 dollar one ,flip it a bit, get bored and forget it.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 600x600px
>>29506627
When I looked into this a year or so back about the only options where cheap chink shit, Bear & Sons (pic related), Benchmade, and custom stuff.

Bear & Sons is probably what you want.
I just ended up buying a cheap counterfeit Benchmade trainer since all I really wanted it for was playing with anyway.
>>
>>29506627
For a second I thought that was a dildo.
>>
>>29506668

This is truly the right answer
>>
>>29507364
It's all in how you use it Anon.
All in how you use it.
>>
File: morpho_1000x1000.jpg (102KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
morpho_1000x1000.jpg
102KB, 1000x1000px
Benchmade is best IMO
>>
will always be inferior to a full tang knife, that is all
>>
The Chinese counterfeit Benchmades you can find on sites like DHGate and Aliexpress are apparently the best you can get for your price range. Honestly, the balisong market is terrible. Either something is a cheap piece of shit that'll break in a weak, or it's a several-hundred dollars, way overpriced, and probably ugly. If you're just looking for a functional knife to play with (which is pretty much all they're good for, since they're illegal to do anything else with), you don't have many options. It's kind of ridiculous that the 20 dollar BM knockoffs are as good as you can get for reasonable money, but that's they way it is, and they're supposed to be pretty nice.

>>29507418
Fun Fact: Benchmade started as a butterfly knife manufacturing company. Their original name was "Bali-Song," and it was all they made for years.
>>
Butterfly knife=mulitated fingers
It's not worth it.
>>
>>29507664
chinese counterfeits are garbage and break with even light use. spend the money or get trash.

>>29507714
even 12 year old edge lords can manage a butterfly knife. its not hard
>>
>>29507418

this

i miss my 51. best knife i ever had. lost it in the damn woods tho
>>
File: rBVaGVSxRgeAJVqFAAIycAX98O0089.jpg (105KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
rBVaGVSxRgeAJVqFAAIycAX98O0089.jpg
105KB, 600x444px
I will post this in every bali thread.for 20 bucks this bm42 clone is hands down the best.for 20 buck.go to dhgate and type in bm42.buy the one from china yoyo something.
>>
Buy a trainer first, then buy a Benchmade
>>
>>29506627

Why spend that much money? They aren't THAT amazing at anything. Like switch blades, they are just a gimmicky item.
>>
Yeah, butterfly knives are fun but for an EDC I carry a cheap ass Kobalt multitool.
>>
>>29507340
sc/out/ here; Benchmade knives are pretty great and as far as I know they have no problem shipping their knives to residents in states where balisong are illegal. In my state they are banned because when they became popular here people wound up in the emergency room or dead due to failing tricks. I'd recommend buying one of Benchmade's trainer-bali first if you plan to do any tricks. Bear & Sons is another reputable brand but not one I've seen on /out/ so I'm going to recommend Benchmade.
>>
>>29512913
Bear & Sons is WAY cheaper than a Benchmade. They aren't as nice but OP doesn't want to pay Benchmade balisong prices (unless they've come out with a cheaper version in the last year or so).
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.