[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, the store I work at got robbed. I wasn't there, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

File: 82SS41.jpg (21KB, 450x275px) Image search: [Google]
82SS41.jpg
21KB, 450x275px
So, the store I work at got robbed.

I wasn't there, but a lot of my co-workers were.

I was already thinking of getting a gun just for funz but this sort of drove home to me that where I live isn't as safe and small-town as it used to be. Just another reason to grab one I guess.

I've always kind of liked revolvers. Any recommendations for ones to be looking at for a starter wheelgun?

I'm not really looking to break the bank, just looking for a fun thing that might also be worth having around 'in case'.
>>
>>29496117
are you planning to carry concealed all the time?
>>
File: image.jpg (237KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237KB, 900x675px
>>29496117
I will give you some recommendations, but first, most you want too spend, way your gonna carry it(shoulder holster, pocket, IWB, ankle, Mexican) stainless or blued, old or new?
>>
>>29496117
Budget?
>>
File: image.jpg (277KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277KB, 1334x750px
>>29496117
>>29496188
Shit, also forgot, size(big or small, 4 inch or snubnose barrel?) want .38 special only or .357 magnum? Or something a little bigger(.44 magnum or the few .44 special revolvers out there)
>>
an ideal first revolver is a medium frame .357 Magnum with a 4" barrel and adjustable sights, made by S&W or Ruger.
.357 is powerful but manageable, great for self defense.
.357 Magnum revolvers can also chamber and shoot the cheaper and even more abundant .38 Special ammunition.
a 4" barrel is well balanced in the hand and gives much better ballistics and sight radius than a snubnose, and is still easy carry in a variety of holster configurations.
a medium frame will soak up the recoil well, without being heavy to carry.
adjustable sights have a good sight picture. fixed sights on revolvers are usually very minimalist.
S&W and Ruger are the best quality to price value, and they're easy to find new or used.

look for a S&W 586 or 686, or a Ruger Security Six or GP100
>>
>>29496151
No.

I'm not worried about the store getting robbed again anytime soon, but I don't want to get fired for something stupid, which carrying into the store is.

Honestly I plan on getting the fuck away from this job ASAP anyways for reasons entirely unrelated to the robbery. But I do want to get something to keep in my car.
>>
>>29496302
then this >>29496232
if you wanted something you could always have on you ASAP and without buying new holsters, belts, pants, etc I'd suggest a pocket sized snubnose S&W 60 or Ruger SP101.

if you are in a position to carry later on these >>29496232 will work IWB, OWB, or in a horizontal or vertical shoulder rig.
>>
>>29496370
If I end up carrying I don't know if I see myself carrying concealed.
>>
File: image.jpg (300KB, 800x774px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
300KB, 800x774px
>38 specials

S&W model 10, pencil, bull or snubnose barrel. Six shots, can find normally for a pretty good price. A true classic.
S&W model 36, five shot J-frame snubnose, also comes in a 3 inch barrel form. The model 37 is the same gun but made of aluminum.
S&W model 64 basically a stainless model 10.
S&W model 38/39/49 Airweight bodyguard, basically a M36 but with a hump over the hammer that won't snag in pocket but can still single action it.
Colt Detective Special
Amazing small six shot .38 sepcail(they came in some other calibers, can be costly unless you look in the right places.)
Colt agents are great as well. Cheaper.

>.357 magnum
They can also shoot .38 specials, +P .38's all day no problem.

S&W model 13, basically a slightly larger model 10, amazing gun, just bought one, last revolver used by the FBI(DEA/SS used them as well, in the 3' barrel model)
S&W model 19, basically like the model 13 but a hair bit but barely larger, bigger underlug and adjustable sights. Comes in a lot more barrel sizes, including 2.5, 3, 4, 6, 8.
S&W model 65(stainless 13) & 66(19)

S&W model 27,28, are amazing and the first .357 ever made, can be costly, their a N frame, basically the .357 form of the gun Dirty Harry had and are built like fucking tanks, Patton had one in WWII.

S&W 586, amazing 357. Some people like the 686 and the snubnose of that has grown on me aton, and the fact the the 686 comes in a lot more barrel lengths. And some + have a 7th shot. 2.5,3,4,6,8.

One I really and truly recommend that's isn't a S&W and more than some of those even is a Ruger SP 101. Five shot .357 magnum that will outlive you and your grandkids. Same with the 6 shot GP 100, GP comes with more barrel lengths but like the SP more, comes in 2, 2.5, 3 & 4 inch barrels.

Colt Troopers and Lawman are amazing.
The Ruger Security Six can be gotten cheap and their pretty good.
>>
File: image.jpg (388KB, 1600x976px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
388KB, 1600x976px
>.44
S&W model 29/629, amazing almost the pinnacle of the .44. Can be gotten as small as a 2.5 inch barrel or as large as 10 and 3/5's plus.

Ruger Red Hawk, build like a tank like any Ruger that isn't a LCR or pistol.
Charter arms Bulldog .44 special, five shots, lovely little car or carry
piece. And can be gotten cheap.
>>
File: image.jpg (358KB, 1545x1031px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
358KB, 1545x1031px
Ruger SP 101
>>
>>29497025
This, so much this.
>>
Either a Ruger SP101 or a S&W 686.

The GP100 is also a good choice but needs a trigger job. The stock pull is 12lbs.

The following is an over-exaggeration but stock GP100 feels like one of those dreams where no matter how hard you pull, the trigger just don't depress.
>>
I saw a chart that showed the highest rates for incapacitation rates for handgun calibers, 357 Magnum had a higher percentage than any other.
I'm not 100% positive on it, but I would go 357
>>
>>29497065
>stock GP100 feels like one of those dreams where no matter how hard you pull, the trigger just don't depress.
I've seen it vary on an individual basis. some are passable and others are like the proverbial "dragging a piano across a gravel road with your index finger"

S&W stock triggers are pretty good.
>>
>>29497082
Also didn't it have the lowest malfunction /failure rate compared to other calibers?
>>
File: Ellifritz_Failure_to_Incap.png (27KB, 400x287px) Image search: [Google]
Ellifritz_Failure_to_Incap.png
27KB, 400x287px
>>29497082
Potato image, but you get the idea.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.