[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would the US adoption of the 276 Pederson been a good idea during

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: cartridges.jpg (164KB, 429x418px) Image search: [Google]
cartridges.jpg
164KB, 429x418px
Would the US adoption of the 276 Pederson been a good idea during WW2? 276Garands, BARs, and other rifles would have been much more controllable vs the 30-06. The 308 would have never been developed and the 223 would have been delayes. And yes i did watch the Forgotten Weapons video.
>>
>>29489972
.276 would have been adopted and .308 would never have been a thing.

We would have .276 NATO now
>>
We probably would have 276 as the standard battle round. Would have developed something less powerful than the 223 for PDW applications (5.7?). We probably would have needed something more powerful for sniping applications (338 or 30-06?)
>>
>>29489999
One away from a quint. Nice quad tho i guess.

>.276 Nato
Yes thanks.
>>
Imagine the M14 or the SCAR in 276. That would be a sweet shooting rifle.
>>
>>29490038
>One away from a quint. Nice quad tho i guess.
>One away from a quint.
>One away .
Literally 10,000 away from quints and quads aren't nice. Quads are for Gods.
8/10 on the troll anon . Hardly anyone smart enough here these days to even recognise it.
>>
MEANWHILE IN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE

>.276 Winchester / 7mm NATO
>.191 Remington / 4.8mm NATO
>>
>>29489972
276 memersen is a shit round

just because you saw some faggy video with it doesnt make it #1

if this was some wonder round companies would chamber firearms in it and there would be demand
>>
>>29489972
No.
It was a good round and would have served us well, but the economics and logistics of it- i.e. the important shit- wouldn't have worked out.
>>
>>29490202
Not necessarily. The modern US and Russian armies have similar logistical situations to the one the adoption of the Pedersen rifle would have created, with a smaller caliber for rifles and SAWs, and a larger caliber for GPMGs and DMRs. That system seems to work pretty well. The one caliber for every role theory is one that has been proven inadequate again and again. The only big problem the Pedersen adoption would have created is the BAR would have had to have been replaced to be truly optimal for its role, but it wouldn't have been a huge deal if it wasn't, and the BAR was in bad need of replacement anyway.

Further proof that MacArthur is shit, and anything he touched turned to shit.
>>
>>29490073
M14 in .308 is already one of the sweetest shooters I own
>>
.276 Enfield was based as fuck.

Would have been great with the right propellant.
>>
It would've been the best idea this side of WWI. .30-06 a shit. A SHIT.
>>
File: A TEN SHUN.png (288KB, 636x432px) Image search: [Google]
A TEN SHUN.png
288KB, 636x432px
>>29490672
>.30-06 a shit
>when an equivalent loading of 7.62 is used in pretty much every modern Western GPMG and DMR
>>
>>29490514
> .276 Enfield for MGs and snipers
> .280 British for infantry rifles
dreams, oh dreams
>>
>>29489972
>during WW2
no, but before that it would have been.
>>
>forgotten weapons makes a video
>someone makes a thread with an obvious "lets talk about what Ian said" subject
>/k/ immediately starts parroting Ian word for word
>nobody calls out this bullshit

Can we just have threads where we say "wow, I liked FW today" instead of pretending like we've known this forever, and didn't just hear it the other day?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.