[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New/k/ommer here. What are the advantages/disadvantages of using

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: chest holster.png (303KB, 450x383px) Image search: [Google]
chest holster.png
303KB, 450x383px
New/k/ommer here. What are the advantages/disadvantages of using a chest holster?
>>
Buy Condor
>>
Dont have to worry about inteference from your plate carrier if youre wearing one

Good for seated vehicle stuff

Bad because its a different drawing motion and needs a lot of repetition to use

Bad bc you got weight slapping your chest as you run

>no experience just imagination talk
>>
>>29475505
>advantage
All your firepower can be kept on your chest rig
>disadvantage
It's not a thigh holster
>>
>>29475505
It makes it easier to draw in a vehicle and frees up space on your belt without having to deal with a thigh rig.
>>
Good when transitioning from aimed rifle to pistol as you can just let go of the rifle and grab at your chest
>>
>>29475576
wouldnt a sling get in the way?
>>
>>29475505

>Good
Grab and go ammo, armor and mags.
Very good placement when sitting in vehicle

>Bad
Your friend left of you? you just swept him.
You use a single point sling? Yea its laying over your holster right now.

PS: I hope you can get your rifle mags out without the pistol being in the way.

It's all a trade-off really.
>>
>>29475505

Advantages:

>You look cool (in your own head)
>Practical if you for some reason need your sidearm while sitting down. (Driving etc)

Disadvantages:

>Everyone but you thinks you look like a tool
>Much slower to unholster
>It gets in the way if you are crawling
>It's uncomfortable if you are laying down on hard surfaces
>Difficult to unholster if you are in confined Spaces

Did I mention you look like a tool?

Whenever I see military personell with those holsters I automatically assume that they are drivers.

Whenever I see civilians with those holsters I automatically assume that they are giant mallninjas that are way to proud of their sidearm to put it somewhere slightly less visible for others to see it, and I also assume that they are filthy human beings that will never feel the joy of laying in bed with another person unless they pay for it up front in cash.

People with chest holsters are the new plague and should be treated as such.

IF we ever encounter the extremely unlikely situation where SHTF and all hope for humanity is lost I will devote the rest of my very short life to hunt down as many people as possible who commonly use a chest holster and make sure I outlive them.

It is absolutely no reason at all to use it unless you are, as I mentioned, spending most of your time in a vehicle.
>>
>>29475632
>IF we ever encounter the extremely unlikely situation where SHTF and all hope for humanity is lost I will devote the rest of my very short life to hunt down as many people as possible who commonly use a chest holster and make sure I outlive them.
I like you anon, a man with a drive and passion
>>
>advantages
easy access

>disadvantages
you have people like king autism over here >>29475632 who ass flustered about it and then post all of that shit
>>
>>29475737

>people like king autism over here

>Chest holsters are "easy access"

You must suffer from something much worse than autism anon. Please get some help before it is to late
>>
>>29475615
I let go at a weird outward movement so my arms when dropping the rifle is clear around my sling when coming back in to grab my sidearm at my chest

I have a two point sling but with a 3 point sling you probably don't even need to adjust your hands when dropping the rifle

I tried experimenting with leg holster instead and my time though slight is only 1 second slower so really it's a preference thing
>>
>NDing into your chest/face on the draw.

Kek
>>
>>29475505
>Advantage:
no drop holster flying all over the place on your lag fucking you up as you run or snagging on shit. localizes your equipment onto one piece for less shit you have to put on in an emergency.

>disadvantages:
awkward draw, but can be overcome with enough practice. you just have to beat it into yourself for muscle memory. takes up space on your rig. there are ways around this though, such as getting a rig with a kangaroo pouch. which that also alleviates the issue of potentially flagging friendlies.

all in all, I kind of prefer this over a drop holster as I don't have the holster flying around while running or cutting off circulation to keep it from not flying around while running.

>>29475538
you need to tighten up your rig. if it's tight on your chest, it won't flop around. ALSO, if it's loose and you get hit, it'll give you a much larger bruise and cause a little more damage to you. it'll still stop the bullet, but you'll be hurting a lot more than if it was tight on your body. not only are you getting hit by a bullet, now you are getting hit by a plate as well. double the fun. proper fitting is just where it starts to become uncomfortable to take in a deep breath.
>>
>>29475505

ITT: People who have never had to to walk any actual distance for any reason.

If you have it on your chest, you don't have it on your leg. Thus its not rubbing the dick out of your leg. This is why people strap their water source backpack directly to their armors MOLLE, just having the straps against your shoulders is fucking annoying.
>>
File: 1436315441090.jpg (378KB, 1200x1137px) Image search: [Google]
1436315441090.jpg
378KB, 1200x1137px
Chest holster mounts were designed for vehicle guys. It's hard to draw from the hip while seated in a car, and drop leg holsters suck ass for sitting in a vehicle or tight space.

Delta, and as an extension from working with them, the SAS, started using them a lot during early 2000s Iraq door kicking as well because they were a good alternative to getting shit away from your waist and legs, which would flop around when you gotta go fast, if not adjusted perfectly. If you look at pictures of CAG guys in Iraq you'll see a lot of chest holsters.

Most of the time the chest area on a armor carrier is kept pretty clear, so mounting a pistol there makes sense and it doesn't impede drawing any magazines you might have on the front.

One big negative I see is it becomes hard to draw with your off hand, which could come into play if your main hand is injured. That's why I think pic related way is better. It still keeps the gun up high enough to draw while seated, but it's easier to access with your non dominant hand if you need to. It also might get tangled in a sling, and if you're using a SERPA and you go full gross motor skills or it gets jammed up with sand, you might shoot yourself in the shoulder/neck if you pull it out really hard. (which has apparently happened to some SF and MARSOC guys during training before)

Anyone saying it's slower or harder to do is a bit retarded. It's slightly slower, but that's why you practice with your gear. If you sling your rifle to the left, you can just reach straight to the handgun as you're moving the rifle to your side. It's the same distance from your shooting position as a hip holster, but it's just slower to rotate the gun so it's pointed forward.
>>
Advantages: It lets everyone know you're a fucking idiot who can't into combat

Cons: It takes up space for another worthless "admin" pouch you could stuff with more shit to interfere with your primary reload
>>
>>29475505
The slide gets all covered in slop when it;s your turn to suck everyones cawk.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.