[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As a guy who doesn't understand a thing about weapons, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: n00b.jpg (141KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
n00b.jpg
141KB, 500x388px
As a guy who doesn't understand a thing about weapons, what are some good resources for me to learn. Websites, books, whatever. I'd really like to get into this stuff but I don't know the first thing about any of it.
>>
>>29471831
see>>23385784
>>
murdercubed.com/files

Enjoy faggot
>>
>>29471967
Murdercube*

Fuck my ass
>>
I would recommend just watching random hickok45 videos and lurk /k/ until you start to naturalize some information. The gun world is huge so there's not really one singular resource that will tell you everything there is to no. It's like saying "I want to learn about cars." Where would you even begin?

Hickok45 videos are good because they're easily palatable, apolitical, and informative. After watching a video you'll learn a lot of basic info about the gun being shot, probably a little about how it works, maybe some history.

All my knowledge is from a lifetime of shooting and reading on the internet since I was old enough to do so. You'll probably learn model names first, then mentally pair the design of that gun with the name, then the caliber, and hopefully eventually how it operates. It's not a fast process and if you just try reading walls of text you'll get burnt out unless you're an autist.
>>
>>29472036
>to no
*to know
What I get for typing one handed in the shower on my phone
>living the dream
>>
imfdb is a good place to start learning about the guns in your favorite movies and video games

hickok45's youtube channel is a good place to see how some of the more popular guns handle and shoot. he does his homework too; rarely ever says anything inaccurate.
>>
File: 1458609216095.jpg (65KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
1458609216095.jpg
65KB, 540x360px
The only weapon that you need
>>
>>29471835
that's debatable.
>>
Basically just watch Hickock, and lurk here, and shut the hell up until you are extremely competent here. That being said, welcome aboard
>>
>>29471831
>www.7chan.org/w/
>>
>>29471831
>>29471831
For firearms, there's a book called Small Arms of the World. It's an edited encyclopedia. Any reasonably recent edition should be excellent. Problem is it will likely be hard to find and expensive.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.