[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lockheed Martin has unveiled a box launcher (same dimensions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Lockheed Martin has unveiled a box launcher (same dimensions near about as the Harpoon Mk 141 launcher) for the AGM-158C LRASM, offering an alternative to vertically launched ones from the Mk 41 VLS.

Harpoon, Exocet, Otomat and NSM get out the way, the real king is here. Should put these on the LCS too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvHlW1h_0XQ
>>
File: lrasm mk 114 asrock booster.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
lrasm mk 114 asrock booster.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>
File: LRASM.jpg (237KB, 1600x1065px) Image search: [Google]
LRASM.jpg
237KB, 1600x1065px
Would be nice to also eventually refit the Arleigh Burkes/Ticonderogas with these.
>>
>>29464808
And time for presentation to actual operative stage is, what? 20 years?
And how much will the cost balloon?
>>
File: LRASM 01.jpg (87KB, 1600x897px) Image search: [Google]
LRASM 01.jpg
87KB, 1600x897px
>>29465688
IOC is 2018.

They've already been testing the LRASM for quite a while. Hell, it's based on the JASSM which has long been in service.
>>
>>29464808

How simple is it to reload? Ease of use is always something that can use improving.
>>
>>29465729
I assume just like canister launched AShM. It's not a radical new item.
>>
>Exocet

1983 called and wants their anti-ship missile back
>>
>>29466090
Should have picked on the Harpoon instead.

First version entered service in 1977. That said, both missiles are received new variants throughout the years with sales still today and Boeing is still working on a new Harpoon model.

http://www.janes.com/article/56164/first-free-flight-test-for-harpoon-block-ii
>>
>>29465710
Is that in Lockheed time or normal calendar years?
>>
>>29465710
You know they have also been testing F-35 for a long time. GAO remains unimpressed. Testing will remain on the program for a while yet.
>>
>>29466527
Normal.

>>29466728
I know LM gets a lot of shit for the F-35 but this missile is fine.

Read about it yourselves.
>>
>>29464808
Being Norwegian, it is my duty to shill for the NSM. So fuck your LRASM, cant even fit in the F-35, something something plz buy Kongsberg
Now, of to receive my 0.50 herring or something
>>
>>29466831
How come Kongsberg contracted Australia to make an active seeker for the NSM/JSM?

Struck me as weird.
>>
>>29466839
I have no idea. Maybe we want the Australians to buy the missile, and them making parts for the missile might make it more possible. A bit like how Kongsberg makes parts for the F-35, making thus making the Norwegian F-35 buy give something back to our industry
>>
>>29466737
And L-M deserves al they get. It is time they deliver results rather than talk. The SR-72 was basically the L-M marketing department raping the memory of Kelly Johnson and his crew that actually delivered stuff like SR-71.

>>29466839
>How come Kongsberg contracted Australia to make an active seeker for the NSM/JSM?
Most likely the result of a well negotiated offset deal made by Australia.
>>
>>29466919
>It is time they deliver results rather than talk.

If you have actually been following the F-35 and not skimming clickbait you would know that Lockmart is very much deliviering on its promises.
>>
>>29467653
>believes GAO is in the business of clickbait.
I would just like to say a big Hello! to L-M. Did the last report smart much?
>>
>>29467882
Just like the GAO reports on the F-16, F-18, etc. back in the day.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.