[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any thoughts on these? (5.56 or. 308) I'd like a bolt gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: tmp_3980-images-1597078615.jpg (4KB, 402x125px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3980-images-1597078615.jpg
4KB, 402x125px
Any thoughts on these? (5.56 or. 308) I'd like a bolt gun with iron sights but am having trouble finding modern rifles that come with them.
>>
>>29450100
Is that a scout rifle?

Piece of shit.
>>
>>29450100

Bolt gun with iron sights...well CZ has them on quite a few if their models, plenty of calibers to choose from as well.
>>
Got any good milsurp stores around you OP? There are a lot of offerings you are looking for with actual military irons in 308. Otherwise old Remington 700s can come with iorns and CZ makes new rifles with mannlichner stocks and iorns but they are $$$.
>>
As much as I like scout rifles I always get a kick out of the trouble guys will go through to shop for one instead of just having irons applied to an off the shelf rifle. Its like the age of rail systems wiped their memory.
>>
>>29450320
Would I need a gunsmithto apply irons to an ironless rifle?
>>
I had a CZ 550FS that I bought specifically because it had irons, but I eventually sold it and settled on a sporterized Springfield because it had a nicer bolt and trigger.

If you want new get a CZ, but honestly already sporterized milsurp will be cheaper and still be great depending on the caliber
>>
>>29450227
>>29450819
Looks like I should check out some more milsurp.
>>
>>29450100

I think the idea is mostly obsolete unless you're trapped in the arctic circle. Even then, it's mostly useless.
>>
>>29450100

I like the idea as a handy hunting rifle, but just get a 1-6x or 2-7x and skip the irons.
>>
>>29450705
Yup. Price is going to depend on the sights and how you want them tapped.

If you would like to give more detail as to why specifically you want a bolt gun with irons that would help. Savage, mossberg, ruger and cz have been covered as well a milsurp, but the. Ore details you have the better

And any reason to avoid levwe actions?
>>
>>29450100
The Mossberg MVP is cheap, reasonably light, and reasonably stout. Accuracy reports have them as being average to good. Personally, I think the bolts suck ass. In 308, they accept M14, LR-308, and Armalite's Gen1 (not the current Gen2) magazines.
>>
>>29452649
Mixed reports on Mag/feeding issues too, which is a shame
>>
>>29450100
The savage made one is the best, ruger and the mossier one are both good but only ruger makes a lefty version.
>>
>>29452635
Sorry about the late reply, just got off work.
To be honest I really just like having iron sights as a back up incase something happens to a mounted scope (or other optic)
No real reason to avoid lever action other than I like the feel of working the bolt.
One of the things that lead me to these rifles was the fact that they use very wide spread and easy to obtain magazines in a variety of capacities.
>>
File: IMAG0149.jpg (2MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0149.jpg
2MB, 1520x2688px
>>29452649
I have the 5.56. My range doesn't allow fmj, and softpoints can be finicky unless out of a pmag(they seat better than steel). Threw a 3-9x40 on it and it drives tacks at 100m. Trigger is nice since the trigger safety removes creep with easy take up, and a crisp break. All considered, it is a solid rifle for the price and serves its purpose well as a varmint rifle.
>>
>>29451073
Check out the no. 5 jungle carbine. I think that'll be exactly what you're looking for
>>
OP, the scout rifle works pretty well. If it took M14 mags it would be perfect.
>>
>>29450100
you could just buy a sporter milsurp rifle for $100 if you dont plan on adding a scope.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.