[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for a .22lr 12g under-over, and I recently came

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: m622.jpg (204KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
m622.jpg
204KB, 1600x1200px
I'm looking for a .22lr 12g under-over, and I recently came across the Chiappa M6-22. Anyone on /k/ have experience with it? What are your thoughts?
>>
With all the people on here who talk about NDing, I think it's likely that hunters have fucked up with these combo rifles. Imagine that rabbit that got slammed with a load of 12. Or the boar that got pricked by a .22.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 639x742px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 639x742px
Is it cheaper than the savage?
>>
The few reviews I've seen were not very good, as expected of Chiappa most of the time. Their typical mix of interesting idea and shoddy making.

The rails are plastic and have been seen shearing off under recoil with an optic on.

The sub caliber adapters are expensive for what they are and not very accurate, but you can get the rifle without them.

Still not ure about the durability of the stock in adverse conditions, but for everyday use it should hold up.
>>
>>29445954
Savage is a .410/.22LR while the Chiappa is a 12GA/.22LR or 20GA/.22LR.
>>
i have a savage 24F that's 223 over 12ga, im thinking about that chiappa pouch with those barrel inserts and an additional 223 to 22lr

although its heavier and more expensive than the chiappa, the savage adds just a little extra versatility with the ability of a centerfire rifle

the 24Fs are a little pricey at around $500
>>
>>29445424
Chiappa is a gamble. Some are good some are terrible. You think a company making firearms would figure out that shitty QC on shitty triggers would be important.
Also fuck their customer service/warranty.
>>
>>29445424
Springfield (cz made) actually makes one of these that works.
>>
>>29446413
>>29446772

So, are there any reliable .22lr/12g over under rifles currently in production on the market?
>>
File: savage-model24.jpg (11KB, 600x202px) Image search: [Google]
savage-model24.jpg
11KB, 600x202px
>>29445954
I've heard only bad things about the Model 42. However I've got a model 24 .22/.410 and I love it. I can't figure out why savage doesn't just start production back up on them instead of making that POS
>>
>>29445954
I sure you could find an old 24 for cheaper than a new 42

Hell they made those old ones in .223 rem or 30/30 winchester over 12 gauge.

in addition to any 22 cal you could shake a stick at.
>>
File: wm_4374461.jpg (20KB, 615x263px) Image search: [Google]
wm_4374461.jpg
20KB, 615x263px
>>29447954
there is the Baikal MP 94. never handled one tho
>>
>>29445424
I bought a chiappa m four .22 a while ago and the thing was a lemon I took it to the range and it failed to fire every round I put in it.
I have since cleaned it thoroughly hoping it was maybe it was just some grime but I haven't tried it yet since then.

Chiappa doesn't really have the best quality control it seems.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.