[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, I'm trying to start a firearms club in my liberal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1444608104214.jpg (685KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1444608104214.jpg
685KB, 1920x1200px
Hey /k/, I'm trying to start a firearms club in my liberal southern California college. Part of it is teaching gun safety to students; as a result of this I need your help in finding a cheap (Since the school would never in a million years pay for this), reliable, .22 rifle, that is adult sized. Any other suggestions on my club would be greatly appreciated.
>>
Ruger 10/22 obviously.
>>
>>29441227
See, I'm tending more towards bolt actions, since they can handle subsonic and "hyper-velocity" bullets, and they tend to be more sturdy and easier to explain to new folk.
>>
>>29441307
Ok I'll go fuck myself.
>>
>>29441307
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_62_975/products_id/411549055/
>>
mdfag here, see if you can get your local police/campus police to come in and show you their gear and have a safety awareness meeting. Be prepared to get flak from your student government on everything. I'm my clubs treasurer and we can't even get funding for eye and earpro, let alone tshirts or heaven forbid guns. We're just looking to buy our own shirts and not tell SGA; since it's our money we can do what we want with it.

>mfw we asked if people from far away could store their funs in the police lockup and SGA said no
>asked for eye/earpro and they said no
>asked for shirt $ and they didn't approve of the design of our school mascot on an en bloc clip
>the kids that run around playing "humans vs zombies" with nerf guns have a shirt with someone getting shot in the head on it
>Asked for gas $ to go to range and they said we would have to take a SGA rep who could shut us down if they saw anything they didn't like
>feelsbadman.jpg
>>
>>29441364
>https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_62_975/products_id/411549055/
Thank you, do you have any personal experience with this rifle?
>>
>>29441391
That sucks, I was a senator in my schools SGA and I tried to make sure everything got funded even groups I didn't necessary like.

sounds like you have a shit SGA.
>>
>>29441391
Yea, it looks like I will be storing peoples rifles and whatnot in my own apartment off campus, if they feel comfortable. I will probably run into the same problems as you.
>>
>>29441402
Savage is a good brand, I've shot one that belonged to a friend. Trigger was great for the price and a bolt-action is dead nuts reliable with everything like my Marlin from the 1980s.

You also avoid the problem of people spinning around excited with a loaded firearm since they don't cycle the action before spinning around going OH MAH GAH I HIT IT I HIT IT WOW.

Box magazine is to avoid people that might put their hand in front of the muzzle loading a Henry or Marlin style tube magazine, and can allow people not shooting to be filling magazines during a competition.

I'd avoid Marlin due to the quality shenanigans associated with Freedom Group/Cerberus buyout and their factory shutdown. Savage and Ruger seem like the only companies left.
>>
>>29441189
Which college?

If its UCSD don't bother, they shut us down.
>>
>>29441189
I'm not even going to try at my college. It's in NJ so we're fucked from the very beginning. I heard that the Campus Republicans took a skeet trip once, but I think that was years ago.
>>
>>29441428
pretty much. One year they blew a huge chunk of the budget on sending 5 people to seoul for league of legends. It's pretty much first come first served after the board's friends get their fun stuff. Being the black sheep on campus isn't fun
>>
>>29441307
Make sure you get something with a removable magazine. You don't want nooblets cycling the action to unload it.
>>
>>29441494
MSUfag here looking to transfer. What school?
>>
>>29441500
>blew a huge chunk of the budget on sending 5 people to seoul for league of legends

what a bunch of faggots...
how the fuck is that justified for a school club
>>
>>29441469
>>29441494
It's a small college I rather not expose. It looks like they will tolerate it, since it will not violate any rules.
>>
>>29441569
half the campus plays it, we have a pretty big stem program. Half the campus is ackward nerds, quarter gender/woman/africanna studies sjw, and a quarter normal people who want a good education and a decent price ($24k a yr)
>>
>>29441391
What school in MD? Frostburg fag here, our outdoors club just auctioned off a 10 gauge shotty. $5 tickets to get in. I didn't win it though
>>
>>29441681
The SGA is pretty even handed at my school, so I have high hopes.
>>
>>29441532
Stevens
>>
>>29441850
That's just a couple minutes from me. The town may be full of libtards that are beyond saving, but you'd be surprised how many people are willing to try shooting a gun to see what it's like. I did it a few times. It's all in how you approach the subject.
>>
>>29441189
Since you're looking for bolt actions, I'd go for one of the Marlin XT-22 rifles. I just picked one up at cabela's for $200ish and I went on one shooting trip with it. About 200 rds and no failures of any type. Pretty accurate as well.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.