[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't Spyderco smooth, round or chamfer the hole on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: C156GPBN.jpg (283KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
C156GPBN.jpg
283KB, 1000x750px
Why doesn't Spyderco smooth, round or chamfer the hole on their knives more? The only one I know they do that to is the Southard, and it's so comfortable compared to the sharp edge of the regular holes. It really tears up finger and nails with use. You would think they would do it on more of their expensive knives.
>>
>>29362927

You must have bitch hands if you're bitching about the sharpness of the hole edge.
>>
File: PM2 hand.jpg (363KB, 808x1077px) Image search: [Google]
PM2 hand.jpg
363KB, 808x1077px
>>29362957

I do have an office 9-5 job, so probably. Their holes are adequate, but I do love the smooth hole on that Southard. Feels so good to finger compared to the sharp edges on the other ones.

Pic related. My hand.
>>
>>29362927
my southard is too expensive so I refuse to carry it. fucking $200 paper weight.
>>
>>29362927
Why do they put the holes in the knives?
>>
>>29364289
To open them
>>
>>29364240
what the fuck
it's a continuous production knife
it's meant to be used
if it was a custom low number/one of a kind okay I could understand a little bit but they pump these things out like candy
>>
>>29364298
thanks
>>
>>29364240
Dude, make more money
>>
>>29364432

If a southard is so expensive that you refuse to carry it, you're better off selling it so you can buy a tenacious and a bunch of cup noodles.
>>
File: Centhole.jpg (352KB, 1344x760px) Image search: [Google]
Centhole.jpg
352KB, 1344x760px
>>29362927
Yeah I hear you, mines a backlock and takes a bit to get it moving if you want a smooth flick and it was tearing up my thumbnail a bit so I polished off the corner with 600 grit. Doesn't really feel any different to use but I'm not loosing fingernail now. Also smoothed off the top of the gimping which liked to catch my hand whenever I went for something in my pocket.
>>
File: image.jpg (218KB, 674x705px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218KB, 674x705px
>>29362927
>>
I generally dislike knife holes but specially hate Spyderco holes because of reason op gave.
>>
>>29364240
>fucking $200 paper weight.

>spend 200 dollars on something
>don't use it
Why'd you buy it in the first place?
>>
>>29362927
>I have bitch hands
the part that hurts your delicate hands is also the part that makes it uniformly easy to open and close the knife. If you don't like it, then break out a metal file and bevel it. But who are we kidding, you don't own metal files.
>>
I find it funny that they took the extra steps to polish the spyderhole on a knife that is primarily a flipper.

Bought a chinese knockoff Southard a year ago. For $60 I love this thing. It's smoother than my ZT and flips open like a dream. Blade steel is utter garbage though but w/e.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.