[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need your advice /k/ So I live in kind of a shitty neighborhood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: ad146246570_ruckas_videogra.jpg (22KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
ad146246570_ruckas_videogra.jpg
22KB, 600x602px
I need your advice /k/

So I live in kind of a shitty neighborhood and I feel like I need a gun to defend myself sometimes, but I'm an alcoholic with a history of suicidal thoughts. I'm afraid if I had a gun I would get drunk or have a moment of weakness or something and hurt myself or someone else. What is my best option?
>>
>>29341330
1: sack up and stop being depressed.
despite what you think depression is a mindset you choose to be in. the road out of depression isnt instantaneous, its long and heavily psychological. go to a shrink and have them fix you.
2: if you think youre a danger to yourself dont buy a gun
3: getting drunk is degenerate
>>
An education, better job, moving to a good place.
>>
>>29341330
I'm in the same boat about the alcoholism. Except I've already resolved to stop drinking since I'm getting a gun.
>>
>>29341330
Ok OP i'll tell you what my Alcoholic friend did.

Fix your shit, and get stable then think about a firearm.

Control your issues, when you can control it and manage your weakness. Then look into it.

My advice is seems like that drinking money would go pretty well to buy a firearm.

Think about it.
>>
>>29341535
So basically stop drinking if I'm gonna get a firearm?

I'm not sure sobriety would solve all my problems but I see your point. Suppose I realistically have no immediate interest in getting sober, but do have an interest in not getting robbed or jumped?
>>
>>29341330
Get something other then a gun. Pepper spray, baseball bat, etc.
>>
OK op, I'll tell you my brief story
>be me
>be depressed and hate life
>be stoned or drunk all the time
>meds never worked for me
>start being interested in firearms
>quit smoking weed, only drink a bit here and there because fuck trying to retain knowledge about my new interest when fucked up
>learn some stuff
>shoot some guns
>enjoy my new hobby while being sober
>have a few pints after going shooting
>now alcohol is just a thing I do to unwind after having real fun
>used to have bad thoughts about suicide or hurting others
>my new hobby taught me that I have the means to do those things
>those feelings are now gone because it's now a real possibility
>no longer depressed or angry

and that's how guns saved my life.
>>
>>29341647
This is actually good advice, thank you anon
>>
>>29341330
Buy a gun to defend yourself with, and if you end up killing yourself, nobody cares.
>>
File: tumblr_mi9hrrOpAV1rccoi6o1_500.jpg (79KB, 496x337px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mi9hrrOpAV1rccoi6o1_500.jpg
79KB, 496x337px
>>29341647
Holy fuck are you me?
>>
>>29341330
Ya need a taser.
A taser for wavin around.
A wavin taser.

Say it with me... "wavin taser". Feels good.
>>
>>29342123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuV50zZc360
>>
>>29341647
been there, done that.
I stopped the booze soon after I get my first gun and suicidal thoughts are long gone even if I am sometimes depressed a little. Because shit is real now and there is a difference between thinking about putting yourself down and actually having the mean of it.
OP, if you don't feel confident with it, don't buy a gun, however, it puts some self confidence and responsibility in your head.
>>
>>29341330
Don't buy one, you have mental health issues. It's going to be a bigger threat to you than the spics/nigs in your neighborhood, get something less than lethal. Mace works like a charm, tasers are ok if you get a good shot and he's not wearing a jacket.
>>
>>29341501
I just don't fucking touch my gun when I drink.
I may be an alcoholic, but i'm also a fucking adult and know better.
>>
File: 1347484579714.jpg (455KB, 805x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1347484579714.jpg
455KB, 805x1057px
Whatever, just get a gun. I get unreasonably drunk and play with my guns all the time. I'll drink and do dry fire drills. Hell, I've got a buddy with land. Anytime i'm shooting out there we've always got beers on hand.

Let me guess, I'm "SO IRRESPONSIBLE, I'M IMPAIRING MY JUDGEMENT! IF ONE DROP OF ALCOHOL TOUCHES YOUR LIPS YOU'LL SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FACE BECAUSE YOU'RE SO WASTED THAT YOU HAD AN ITCH ON YOUR FOREHEAD AND THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD WAY TO SCRATCH IT!"

Please. I'm irresponsible? I submit to you that all that you're irresponsible for NOT handling guns drunk. Let me pose a question to you: What happens when aliens invade, and they drop a cloud of spores that infect and begin killing humanity? What then? Well guess what? It turns out alcohol nullifies the effects. Now to save humanity we all have to stay tanked 24/7. But you know what that means? It means we have to stay drunk, but we also still have to shoot those space niggers too right? So now all of humanity has to fight a war drunk. I'll have plenty of experience shooting inebriated, and practicing safe handling in my altered state. Meanwhile you lightweights are all so hammered and unpracticed that you'll be stumbling over yourself and shooting yourselves in the dick.

Checkmate straight-edge fags.
>>
>>29341330

How fast would you go through a handle of vodka?

I can drink one in about five days and I'm never drunk enough that I would loose control but I also don't mess with guns when I'm drinking
>>
Be armed, OP. Self defense is very important but I understand your concerns intimately.

Generally, I always keep my firearms loaded and easily within reach in case the door gets kicked in by somebody. There are some important caveats, however.

What I do is: when it's time for gun stuff (dry fire, strapping up for EDC, hunting, etc.) alcohol stays behind closed and/or locked doors and when it's drinking time, guns, ammo, and other martial tools (knives, etc.) go in separate locked containers which are significantly separated throughout the house/apartment.

This method makes drinking an extended conscious choice for me which I know will leave me unprepared for a bump in the night, thus I have become much less likely to drink to excess.

If you think that separate locked containers isn't an option which would help keep you safe in a moment of weakness, you have to buck up and acknowledge the fact that your habit is incompatible with a continuously held ability to take life, be it your own or somebody else's.
>>
>>29341647
well done anon. Keep it up!
>this is just the /k/ube doing its work.
>>
>alcoholic

Christ have some willpower and quit drinking. Slowly start cutting back and you'll be over drinking in no time.
>>
>>29341647
my story too friend!
>>
>>29342046
>>29342145
>>29344821
>>29345510
Well shit, I guess I'm not alone.
Thanks friends
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.