[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think that if the NFA hadn't been passed, cartridges

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 300px-404_Jeffrey_Cartridge.jpg (31KB, 300x314px) Image search: [Google]
300px-404_Jeffrey_Cartridge.jpg
31KB, 300x314px
Do you think that if the NFA hadn't been passed, cartridges over .50 caliber would be more developed and popular?
>>
Take a look at how prevalent and widespread the .50bmg is outside of the roll of anti-material weapon. Look at how many guns are chambered in it right now.

Currently they're unrestricted, and the market is still super niche. What makes you think an even bigger and more expensive cartridge would have even more success?
>>
>>29340610
No.

Anyone that can afford to shoot at >$5 a trigger squeeze. Isn't going to be bothered by the NFA forms and money.
>>
>>29340651
>>29340652
What about >.50 pistol calibers? Like. 51 AE instead of .50 AE
>>
>>29340745
Again, look at what a failure .50AE was.

.50 caliber weapons are an extreme niche, handguns especially. Don't forget the Desert Eagle was intended to be a sporting pistol used for hunting, and even there it's a super niche.

A lot of people (but not all) who do extreme long-range shooting don't even use .50bmg. They use things like .338 Lapua instead.
>>
>>29340745
Oooh, how wonderful, all the disadvantages of .50AE and .41AE in one spectacular package!
>>
>>29340745
Instead of .45ACP ... 2.45 ACP! So big, it literally knocks your opponent down, bulletproof vests be damned!
>>
>>29340610
Considering that most of the "big game" safari calibers were exempted and are still niche, I imagine that would apply to calibers without the same sporting applications.

Costs are high and the experience of shooting anything that large loses it's novelty after three rounds, $20, and physical discomfort.
>>
>>29340652
If I may interject, the .50 is expensive in my opinion because of the gun control act, which declares ANY bullet for which a gun classified as a pistol is chambered, to be "Armor Piercing" and Illegal for import. it is my belief thatshould the gun control act not exist, the government distortion to ammo prices caused by eliminating importation of rifle rounds with anything harder than lead or copper in the jacket or core would cause a drastic reduction in the price of ammunition.
>>
File: 1404794419271.jpg (1MB, 1600x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1404794419271.jpg
1MB, 1600x1300px
>>29341817
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as gungrabbing, is in fact, statist-gungrabing, or as I've recently taken to calling it, statism plus gungrabing. Gungrabbing is not an oppression system unto itself, but rather another costly component of a fully functioning state system made useful by the UN coredoctorine, shill utilities and vile system cronies comprising the fooled US as defined by the POTUS.
>>
>>29340610
Always thought a 30mm rifle would be fairly inexpensive if it was single shot. That's a ton of firepower and I think there would be a market if there weren't so many restrictions on the ultra high calibers.
>>
>>29340800
>.50 AE
>failure

>.338 Lapua
>ELR

Congratulations you literally know nothing about what you are trying to talk about. Kill yourself.
>>
>>29342117
So inexpensive that Serbu gets to make a big deal about a 50BMG because it is under $1000 if you pre-order?

Look up the RN 50, it's a joke. I wouldn't expect much more from making the cartridge larger.
>>
>>29342235
>Serbu commissioned Royal Nonesuch to design it
>expecting it to not be trash

Not saying the larger rifles would be quite sub-2k, but it would certainly be more affordable than a Barret.
>>
>>29341521
>3 incher hand cannon
Imagine if you can OC this baby.
>>
>>29342132
.50AE was a failure in the handgun market. To this day, only one (popular by pop-culture only) gun is chambered in it while a few other super obscure pistols that most people haven't ever heard of are as well. It's a failure just like .41AE.

.338 Lapua has a specific purpose, just like the .50AE. The difference between the two is that the .338 Lapua has been adopted by for that purpose by the entire industry. I can get guns chambered in .338 Lapua from AI, Armalite, Remington, and more. It's a popular choice for its intended purpose.
>>
>>29340610
No, they'd still be too expensive for your average joe.
But... there'd probably be a few >50cal hunting/specialty rounds out there, and technologies like the gyrojet may have developed further and been a fun expensive round kindof like 50bmg is to richfags & their expensive toys.
>>
>>29340610
A 12 gauge shot gun slug is .690 and you can get em for like 50ยข a piece, bigbore shooting is available at your local Walmart if you're not a retarded cuck.
>>
>>29340610
Probably not. I mean, .50 is already a novelty item for civilians, and might not be used at all if it wasn't for military guns being made for them.

There are /some/ >.50 military weapons, mostly from WWI/WWII, but they're not as common and there's certainly not much in the way of current ammo production.

Really though anyone who can afford to buy a super specialized gun and custom rounds can afford the tax stamp they need to go out into the desert and blow up televisions.
>>
>>29342132
But .50AE IS a failure in regards to being useful and popular. That is, I mean, outside video games.

And .338 Lapua IS an extreme long range cartridge. Well, that is to say, outside of video games.

I think I see a pattern here...
>>
>>29344694
Not with a rifled barrel
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.