[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is gonna sound weird but hear me out. A friend of mine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
This is gonna sound weird but hear me out.

A friend of mine was arrested but not convicted for a non violent felony. He was never incarcerated but he went through a certification program that removed the felony from his record. Does he still have the capability to own a gun?

Pic related: a gun.
>>
File: 1458538738671.png (273KB, 270x551px) Image search: [Google]
1458538738671.png
273KB, 270x551px
>>29333555
if thats it and his felony has been expunged then yes, he can own a gun
>>
>>29333585
That makes sense. We went shooting last week and he was kinda anti gun mostly because he though he couldn't own one.

He shot my m92 pap and fell in love. He will be pretty happy to hear this. Thanks for the info.
>>
>>29333555
Felon with a gun, what could go wrong?

>But he never got convicted!!
But he's still a dumb ass who committed a felony.

I really don't suggest you tell him where all your guns are. His drug use will only increase and soon he'll be robbing your house while you're at work or school.
>>
>>29333918
If he wasn't convicted then, no, he has NOT committed a felony...
>>
>>29333555

Yes. You have to be convicted of a felony to become a prohibited possessor. Just being charged with one then having it dropped.
>>
>>29333555
Depends on the state.
>>
>>29333943
Consider the fact that he was arrested.
For a felony offense.
This makes him a felon.
Innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean shit.
We haven't brought ISIS in front of a US courtroom, guess that makes them innocent until proven guilty.

What was he under the influence of when he was arrested? Was his program through drug court or just probation.

Don't lie to me you little bitch, I know the system and I'm just trying to keep you from being robbed by your criminal "friend"
>>
There is much autism is this thread. Your friend needs to call a lawyer
>>
>>29334091

Being arrested for a felony offense doesn't mean shit until a grand jury formally indicts him on the charges, and if the felony is dropped by either the grand jury or the court in any form it literally doesn't matter.
>>
>>29334091
ISIS aren't people
>>
>>29334091

You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>29334167
You're right, what was I thinking.

Lets just start giving guns to every person who has ever been arrested for a felony and then acquitted.

Nothing could go wrong, right?
>>
File: 1394001099140.gif (3MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1394001099140.gif
3MB, 300x169px
>>29334091
Are you posting this from the USSR in 1985?
>>
>>29334091
Do you even know what felonies are? Do you know what a non-violent felony is? Holy shit you are like pure autism
>>
>>29334206
You weren't and still aren't if you think people are always guilty of the crimes they are arrested for...
>>
>>29334091
It was a drug related offense that was expunged about 4 years ago.

I have no reason not to trust him with his own guns and information.
>>
>>29334232
OP's friend was most likely arrested for drug charges, considering mention of a non-violent felony(which is usually drug possession, or theft) and thieves and drug users are not exactly the most trustworthy people to own/be around firearms.

Whether or not he has been to jail or proven innocent, he doesn't sound like somebody I would want touching my guns, and OP might be putting himself in a lot of risk by associating firearms with criminal friends.
>>
>>29334314
Prescription forgery.
>>
File: 1445560544017.jpg (73KB, 543x549px) Image search: [Google]
1445560544017.jpg
73KB, 543x549px
>>29334206
>>29334091
Let's see if I can spot all the fallacies here.
>You're right, what was I thinking. Lets just start giving guns to every person who has ever been arrested for a felony and then acquitted.
Straw man and red herring.
>Nothing can go wrong right?
Slippery slope.
>We haven't brought ISIS in front of a US courtroom, guess that makes them innocent until proven guilty.
False analogy. Your use of ISIS kinda seems like argument ad populum too.
>What was he under the influence of when he was arrested? Was his program through drug court or just probation.
Seems like you're reaching for an ad hominem here.
>Consider the fact that he was arrested.
>For a felony offense.
>This makes him a felon.
Non sequitur.
>I know the system
Argument from authority.

Either this is expertly crafted bait or you seriously need to brush up on your rhetoric skills.
>>
>>29334091
"Nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law."

If you support the 2nd you support the 5th. Otherwise you're a damn hypocrite that's just as bad as the anti-gunners.
>>
>>29334206

So being accused of a crime is all it takes to be guilty?

Sounds like an excellent system. How do you get the taste of Kiwi black off your tongue?
>>
>>29334463
Exactly this. The bill of rights is that: rights.
>>
>>29334091
>Consider the fact that he was arrested.
>For a felony offense.
>This makes him a felon.
... how do you manage to breathe automatically?
>>
>>29334206
I once saw you shoulder your Sig Brace. I will testify as such under oath.

Boom. You've been accused of a felony. Please hand in all your guns now, faggot.
>>
>>29333918
>Being arrested means you've 100% definitely committed a crime
>The fact that they didn't even have enough evidence of this crime to keep him for a single day is irrelevant
>If they weren't faultless and always correct, they wouldn't be police

You need to lick boots less, all that polish has gone to your head.
>>
>>29334091

You aren't a felon if you aren't convicted, you dumb idiot.

And plenty of first timers get deferred judgments too, which means even after that many aren't felons.
>>
>>29334346
Not him, but he's a junkie then. Steer clear anon.
>>
>>29333918
Not using your turn signal is a crime.
>>
>>29339295
He WAS a junkie. That's the thing.

I'm not giving him a gun, nor does he know where I have mine nor does he know where I live.

He wants to know if he can buy his own. He has a daughter and wants to work towards protecting her, his wife and himself.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.