[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /k/ deal with mice? Discovered that I have one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: 1426006005447.gif (91KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1426006005447.gif
91KB, 320x320px
How does /k/ deal with mice?

Discovered that I have one of them in my loft and there's probably a better option than a regular mouse trap with cheese on it.
>>
>cheese
try walnuts instead
or a cat
>>
File: 1417925498012.jpg (93KB, 780x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1417925498012.jpg
93KB, 780x1040px
>>29319638
Does chocolate work? I think I read that on here once
>>
Peanut butter. It works much better than cheese cause it sticks to the trigger.
Also it is never one mouse so set like 3 traps.
>>
Take some peanut butter and put it in your asshole so the mouse can smell it then take a cardboard tube and have it infront of your ass and the mouse crawls in you should flinch. This will cause you ass to pucker up and suffocate the little bastard like a snake. and we know how efficient snakes are at killing mice
>>
I went innawoods at a friend's cabin once and she had a mice problem.
Her uncle was drunk yelling "SHOOT HIM SHOOT HIM" not unlike the Swamp People guy. I had a 10/22 and he wanted me to shoot the mouse on his own porch.
OP, get some peppermint oil and clean your shit out, rat feces and and nests attract them faster than a trap or gun can stop them.
>>
>>29319655
Thanks, I did that. Let's see how it works out.
>>
>>29319614
>gpnvg18
>msa sordins
>ruger 10/22 with ratshot and an aimpoint t1
>>
>>29319650
nutella has a fairly low chance of success, but Ive seen it work, took a long time though
>>
>>29319638
Why would he put a cat in a mouse trap?
>>
>>29320632
easy cleanup
>>
>>29319614
snap traps are your best bet, poison will make them look for water and die somewhere hard to reach and stink up the place.

small amount of bait (peanut butter, cheese, etc) in the middle of the pressure plate so they can't eat and run.

place it along walls or under the cabinet, they can't see well and they are prey and they normally try to keep it safe and hug the wall.

blacklight will work to spot their urine trail since they can't control their bladder. 6 years preventive medicine exp in the army and plenty of mice kills under my belt
>>
>>29319614
>cheese

Dude do you live in a cartoon?
>>
>>29319614
kill them when they sleep
the younglings first, because they grow up fast and dont mind incest
>>
I know from experience that any healthy cat will kill it to death.
>>
>>29320662
Always hear peanut butter works best since they can't just grab it and go.

I just stick with having yard cats. They keep the little fuckers cleared out.
>>
Try some of those sticky traps. Easier than snap traps.

Put them in obvious places where mice would go like near your pantry or in corners.
>>
Peanut butter and apple as bait worked very well for me. Caught eight of the fuckers in three days wiping them out. One of them I caught alive and dropped it in boiling oil as a pay back.
>>
>>29319655
This
Mice come in pairs - always

I like to use little Debi cosmic brownies personally in the jaw traps, Decon is a joke
>>
>>29320632
Double the killing power.
>>
>>29319614
If you can find the holes they use, stuff them with some steel wool. They'll try to chew through it, but ingesting little shards of steel does not do good things to a meatbag's internal organs.

Don't do this if you have a pet that will eat mice, as now you will have a larger meatbag with intestinal perforations.
>>
>>29319638
Cashews and sunflower seeds seem to work pretty well, too.
>>
>>29321749
well when I say cheese, I mean that shitty sticky cheese paste you get in an MRE. I bet a mouse could take part of a cheese slice pretty easy
>>
>>29319614
Bertholite
>>
outsource to professionals.
>>
File: vader1.jpg (51KB, 640x376px) Image search: [Google]
vader1.jpg
51KB, 640x376px
>>29321558
>younglings
>>
File: Victor-Mousetrap.jpg (210KB, 1900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Victor-Mousetrap.jpg
210KB, 1900x1200px
>>29319614
OP, I've got a cabin innawoods that's over 200 years old, and live there 2 weeks at a time twice a year. I had seen a mouse or two, but every time I go I have to bleach the counters, sweep shitloads of poop, flush the 2 or three mice that drowned in the toilet, and literally remove ~1500 dead ladybugs from around the window sills.

Once I'm there for a week, they start becoming used to my presence and come out in the evening. I had two traps around, but they were ignored. I put brooms in every corner and wore my boots all the time. One time I lit the oven and two came scurrying out and I managed to squish one with my boot, but that was all luck. I got fed up with it and bought two 6-packs of pic related. Peanut butter, bologna, peanut butter pretzels (they had been in the bag already), and merican cheese used as bait. Within a half hour I caught five of the bastards.

The older steel tread plate style take too much force to trigger IMO. The large plastic one triggers a lot sooner. My evidence is that of the six I eventually caught, four were hit by the spring bar across the face, in front of the eyes. Not even enough time for them to get fully onto the trap, whereas the old style was allowing them to walk away with the bait. Two of the mice weren't killed though, I had to execute them with my shovel. At least they are dead now.

tl;dr A boot or toilet can work, but pic related with PB, sandwich meat, or whatever food you find them eating will work. The more traps you set the higher your chances of success.
>>
>>29319614
I suggest you use a bb gun for this one

I used to get them all the time in my home and I would always make one shot kills with my bb gun

I gotten about 30 kills confirmed on mices before having to move out due to rent expenses and to this day I still miss shooting mices
>>
>>29319688
Underrated post
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.