[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way I can do USMC military training without enlisting,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 6

File: confidence course.jpg (4MB, 5686x3680px) Image search: [Google]
confidence course.jpg
4MB, 5686x3680px
Is there any way I can do USMC military training without enlisting, or something similar to that?
>>
>>29309117
You can get all sorts of training if you're willing to pay for it.
>>
>>29309123

I am. Where? Mostly interested in the physical fitness training, less so in martial arts and firing weapons.
>>
>>29309117
Listen, doofus. Climb ropes, jump over shit, negotiate obstacles. It's all free of charge. We call it mother nature.

Want to challenge yourself? Run until you are completely exhausted then run another mile. Do a ruck march with more weight than prescribed. When you finished your 25 miles, go another 5 miles.

Congratulations - you just learned what special operations goes through. You go until you can't go any more then you keep going.
>>
>>29309117
Overload your body and fuck your shit up everyday all day. Do so much that you can't properly recover and permanently damage your body, especially your joints and hearing. Then get fat and make videos on youtube telling everyone you got fat because you served 'merica.
>>
>>29309255
This is an advice thread, not a self reflection therapy discussion.
>>
>>29309262
Don't be rude to a hero, it's the new american dream
>>
>>29309255
/thread
>>
>>29309262
Do you even know who I am?
>>
>>29309255
Pretty accurate.
>>
>>29309262
kek
>>
>>29309117
Why the fuck do you want that? If you enlist you'll get the training and get paid for it.
>>
>>29309311
the real fat shady
>>
>>29309476

Because I don't want to spend 4 years of my life in the military?
>>
>>29309311
Hey Larry
>>
>>29309520
so join the Army for 2
>>
>>29309117
Is there a Cross Fit anywhere near you? Look into joining that's pretty close to boot PT
>>
>>29309520
So, you want military training and discipline, but you don't want to be in the military?

Yeah, no, go to a gym, walt.
>>
>>29310030

I am going to a gym. But being in the military isn't the same thing as lifting weights. I've never been in but DI's/DSes have you doing pushups all the time, you climb ropes, monkey bars, do 3 mile runs and so on. You can't do the same at a gym focused around weightlifting.
>>
>>29310129
so do your normal workout every day.
then, 5-30 times per day do 15-45 minutes of intense nonstop bodyweight exercises.

Also, as a Marine, I think you're a fucking faggot.
>>
>>29309255
Thank you for your service.
>>
>>29310311
Thank you for your service
>>
>>29310311

why bro
>>
>>29310394
Because you enjoy having dicks thrust into you
>>
File: Texas Method 4-day UL split.png (43KB, 934x374px) Image search: [Google]
Texas Method 4-day UL split.png
43KB, 934x374px
>>29310311
>do 15-45 minutes of intense nonstop bodyweight exercises

Example of such a workout?

Also, as for my normal workout, here's what I currently do. It's a strength routine. Too little volume?
>>
>>29310129
Do that on your own then, the military doesn't really train you as much as you think.

I barely remember anything that's useful from basic training because they have to speed through every subject and you can always force yourself to do pushups for 8 hours a day
>>
>>29310458

What happens if you physically cannot even do even one more pushup?

And what happens to those disgusting fatbodies that can't even do 5?
>>
>>29310458

P.S. How the FUCK do you guys get to 20 pullups or more? I know there's that guide that female Major published, it basically said do lots of them throughout the day in small sets of just a few.
>>
>>29310476

Not being a women is a huge help, they have like zero upper body strength, if you are a man just quit being a pussy
>>
>>29310473
Than you got bigger problems and need to focus on getting healthy more so then military training so you don't die from heart failure before you're 40.
>>
>>29310489

I'm not a pussy man I just want to better myself. But I'm finding it hard to get past 10 or 11 pullups after doing them once per day 3 times a week. Maybe I should do more? Don't have pullup bars just sitting around everywhere like you guys do.
>>
>>29310473
>>29310476
The military takes into account for the people who join and are out of shape. For the Army the first 3/4 weeks is called red phase and is just filled with everyone doing pushups or just staying in the front leaning rest position forever from the smallest fuckup by anyone. When I joined I was a skinnyfat NEET and could barely do 20 pushups and couldn't run a single mile without walking but you workout the entire day so I got into shape to pass at the end

Also about the pullup thing idk the Army isn't really big on pullups like the Marines but being skinny helps, the less heavy you are the easier it is to do pullups
>>
>>29310503

I wasn't speaking for myself regarding the fatfuck thing.

And I was curious to know what happens if during those 8 hours of pushups you can't do any more? Like say you do 40 in a row and then can't get another one in.
>>
>>29310505

Obviously you should do more, I can't believe you even need to question it, and you do sound like a pussy
>>
>>29310509

I found this too, when I lost weight I could do more pullups.

>>29310518

Why are you calling me a pussy? What if I started calling you a gigantic faggot for no reason? fucking boot
>>
>>29310513
They yell at you and make everyone around you suffer more if you can't do it which leads to people hating you for being a quitter
>>
>>29310527
I'm not calling you a pussy, I'm saying you sound like a pussy, which is irrefutable given this post, pussy

And you can't even do pull ups, pussy fag, so that really cements it
>>
>>29310534

I just said I can do at least 11 dead hang pullups in a row (this is after a heavy workout, btw), which is more than the Marine corps minimum. How many can you do, boot?
>>
>>29309311
The man who's going to burn my house down? With the lemons?
>>
>>29310540
20, pussy
>>
>>29309230

>implying you're SOF

Sure, SOF guys fuck their shit up, but most do it with a level of intelligence and technique that prevents injury.
>>
>>29309117
join a crossfit group, kek
>>
>>29310561

How'd you get there and how long did it take you?
>>
>>29310575
>>implying you're SOF
I was for a few years.

I bet that breaks your heart.
>>
>>29310561
>20
>getting to the max but not putting in the effort to go over

lemme guess... lance corporal?
>>
>>29310575
If you have to tell someone that then they are too fucking stupid in the first place. If I order you to take your team across the river, do you just walk across, holding your breath under water or do you devise a plan? A rope bridge, floating device, and so on - or walk across the bottom?

We assume applicants have two brain cells to rub together.
>>
>>29310586
Seriously?

When I started I could only do about 7, I didn't do anything other than lifting weights and when I tried again it was 13-14, then I started to do more cardio and I can do 20-22 then a couple with shitty form

It didn't take long but if I had been trying to get better at just body weight stuff I would have improved faster, then again I'm not a pussy like some people
>>
>>29310592

What branch and group?

Because I work with SOF fucking daily and the way you act and talk is not the real deal, Nancy.

>>29310618

Yeah, well, the guy I'm roasting is an idiot.
>>
>>29310624

What was your weight lifting routine?

You natty?
>>
>>29310640
Not him but I know a bunch of dumb SOF guys, a lot of them aren't the mega allstar genius god image that you have in your head. A lot of them are just average guys with above average determination to not quit
>>
>>29309255

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE
>>
>>29310673

It's not that, trust me, I work with some relatively dense ones. It's the autistic way he speaks.
>>
>>29309117

You want to be operator you better drop the military bullshit and start looking at good fitness coaches.

You want to max out endurance as in running and raw strength as in lifting a lot of weight for a long time.

Then you want to save up hundrends of thousands and go to a blackwater course or some shit for the actual technical stuff.

90% of the operator is fitness and mind, the rest is technical stuff anyone can learn.
>>
>>29310640

>act and talk

I doubt you know shit from shinola if you think you can peg somebody for that on an anonymous image board going off 3 posts.

t. different anon
>>
>>29310311
>Also, as a Marine, I think you're a fucking faggot.
Hey Pot, meet Kettle.
>>
Aww... getting your feelings hurt, you fucking pogue wannabe? I was the team leader of the anti-armor group, HHC, 3rd Battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment.

Tell us all about your high speed self, little man.
>>
>>29310718

That's your opinion, you're welcome to it.v
>>
>>29310753
>I was

kek so you got kicked out of the 75th in a week
>>
>>29310753
Thank you for your service
>>
>>29310640
>>29310592
>>29310547
Thank you for your servicw
>>
>>29310762
I was in 3/75 for over a year then went LRS for three. Tell me what is funny, midget.
>>
>>29310762
>>29310862
Thanks for your surbise
>>
I feel this is relevant, where can I learn and practice combat tactics?
I can't enlist because one kidney.
>>
>>29310893
what happened to your other kidney

were you born with only one?
>>
>>29310914
I had to donate it to my wife's son.
>>
>>29310914
Why do you fucking care, nosey Nellie?
>>
>>29310862
What was batt like? We're the people you worked with cool? What is day to day life like for a ranger?
>>
>>29310914
I got shot with an arrow at a Boy Scout camp and they had to remove it.

>>29310917
>cuckpostin
>>
>>29310917
kek
>>
>>29310931
damn that's fucked they didn't even let you take the guy who shot you kidney? this country is going down the tubes.
>>
>>29309153
Take a bunch of NOLS courses.
>>
>>29310938
It was an accident, but they kicked him out of the troop.

So would someone pls answer my question :((((>>29310893
>>
>>29310954
Join YPG, ask American vets there to educate you
>>
>>29309255
Larry Vickers detected
>>
>>29310930
Nobody was "cool." It was high intensified stress constantly. Privates were searched segregated and separated. You re constantly smoked. You are subjected to feats unattainable - like running backward up heartbreak. If your team leader ordered you to capture a squirrel in a tree, you would climb that fucker and seize that rodent. Your life belongs to your squad. It doesn't belong to you.

I was fortunate to show up passed all the hazing rituals. I had already been to ranger school and experienced combat. My worst obstacles were sideways glances until they got to know me.
>>
>>29310986
How long were you in before you went to regiment, and how did you get a slot? What mos did you have? Going to go see a recruiter soon and try to get an op40 after I lose more weight. I was contemplating either 11b or 13f. Sounds pretty rigorous. How did you get through it?
>>
>>29311074
I was in for two years prior. I got slotted as anti-armor since I was C2 certified. I graduated Ranger training with honors. I swear I'm not bragging. I'm saying that in case anyone out there recognizes who I am.
>>
>>29309255
Vickers pls go
>>
You can get the physical aspect of it anywhere dude, but I don't think you can buy the experience of having a 6'2 Southern Sumbitch screaming in your ears to do mountain climbers and making you attack the same strep ass hill for 3 hours straight
>>
>>29310692
>autistic way he speaks
>speaks
you have no chance to survive make your time
>>
File: run to cadence us marines.jpg (27KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
run to cadence us marines.jpg
27KB, 300x297px
>>29311537

OP here, I know. Maybe I can hire a PT to do that. I just ran a 3 mile run listening to cadences, autistic as fuck but I make do with what I can.
>>
>>29310547
He says what we're all thinking.
>>
>>29309117
I mean you could join a rotc or police club they sometimes go to local based and do the obstacle courses but that's all I know. Besides that, Marine boot camp like all other boot camps has no value other than to brainwash you. You learn the basics of shooting but it's all based around what is basically target practice, very little of anything tactical. What little tactics training you do get just turns into a haze fest. Besides that you get your tan belt in mcmap, and get basically qualified in a bunch of other stuff like swimming, rappelling, using a gas mask, and whatever.
Just take some classes at a range or academy or make shit up yourself. You'll be better off.
>>
>>29309117
yes it is possible for you to do everything a boot camp will teach you.

now do 20 pushups, 40 squats, 6 chin ups, and run 2.5 miles.

>welcome to "USMC military training"
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 704x797px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 704x797px
>>29311696
Kek You wouldnt happen to be listening to SgtMaj "DayWalker" Vines' greatest hits are you?
>>
>>29310986
squirrels are not rodents
>>
>>29309811

pretty much this with some supplemental weight lifting, nothing extreme. went to PI last year, good workouts
>>
>>29311935
Dude was at SOI when I was there. We would just randomly hear his voice echoing off the hills around 52 area as he dissolved the corporeal existence of boots walking on grass or not walking in step with eachother. I still fear his presence constantly.
>>
>>29309811
Complete with the permanent injuries & lifelong pain
>>
>>29311917
>now do 20 pushups, 40 squats, 6 chin ups, and run 2.5 miles.

I can hack that.

>>29311935

Don't have the time to check now but is that the DI on the recordings? There are several though. I think the original recordings were from 1982.
>>
>>29309153
Then join a fucking gym.
>>
>>29312936

And do what there?
>>
>>29313379
Increase your artistic capabilities by painting the Fucking scenery.
>>
>>29309153
USMC boot camp training comes from general hazing and malnourishment, we werent allowed to drink water from our canteens (unlike west coast marines who are forced to drink too much water) and during range month skipped a couple meals because our DI's hated us. factor in drilling and getting fugged up all day everyday and you will drop weight fast, I was 203 when I went to boot camp and came out 167-ish, however I put the weight back on as time passed. tbhfam boot camp doesnt really prepare to fight wars its just a wake up call that you are now property of the el governmente and you dont have nearly as much freedom as a civilian does. If you want physical training im sure your local USMC recruiting office wont mind you tagging along for the required weekly PT sessions they put poolees through, those PTs are usually harsh as fuck and will get you in good shape without actually enlisting. Or you can join a gym like everyone else. If you want tacticool or shooting training instructors are literally a dime a dozen since the war effort has produced a lot of experienced shooters. Anyway hope this helps
>>
>>29311917
neverserved confirmed, not that its a bad thing, what are you a STEM major or something? i'm doing IT networking and cybersecurity
>>
>>29309117
Nope. You can buy marksmanship training, you can pay someone to kick your ass into physical shape, but that's about the extent of it. You can't buy discipline.
>>
>>29309117
Maybe join the reserves? Just look at it as 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year - of upkeep on your training..
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.