[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mark my words /k/, soon drones will be like 20% of the armed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Drones.jpg (113KB, 1200x704px) Image search: [Google]
Drones.jpg
113KB, 1200x704px
mark my words /k/, soon drones will be like 20% of the armed forces

1. durable drones that stick permanent to surfaces and make a live feed CCTV system in combat zones

2. drones with laser designators

3. drones that carry poisonous gas, for assassinations as well as for area clearing

4. cheap drones with an anti infantry charge, basically a flying grenade

5. active protection for tanks, to detect IR and infered spots on the surface of the tank; maybe even as a form of active defence

coalition patrols are going to start being attacked by hobby drones bought on amazon with grenades strapped to them, it will be a nightmare for security forces, shooting them down won't work
if they can't be hacked or jammed, trained birds will have to used like the vatican is trialing
>>
>>29308374
why can't the coalition patrols have hunter drones that can quickly knock out other drones? I mean, it's basically active defense
>>
File: MTM1MTgzODE2NzM3MjAwNjA2.jpg (47KB, 1200x850px) Image search: [Google]
MTM1MTgzODE2NzM3MjAwNjA2.jpg
47KB, 1200x850px
>>29308403
>>
>>29308403
I think drones would have limited efectiveness against other drones

unless you could put a jammer on them and fly them into another drone

but the reality is that a drone would be like a cruice missile, it could come from anywhere
you wouldn't really have much chance to get rid of one
>>
>>29308483
>japan police made drones to hunt drug drones.

what the fuck is this...
>>
Us military invented small swarm drones that fit in chaff dispensers they carry one pound of plastic explosives
>>
File: AeroVironment Switchblade.jpg (79KB, 550x602px) Image search: [Google]
AeroVironment Switchblade.jpg
79KB, 550x602px
>1.
Cool concept, but battery life is an issue. Also bandwidth and jamming/interference resistance.
>2.
That's already a thing with the bigger ones. Hell, you can put a PEQ on any rifle with a Picatinny rail these days, it's not really that extraordinary of a leap.
>3.
Careful, you're treading on war-crime territory here. Also chemical weapons are overrated in terms of effectiveness.
>4.
Again, already a thing. See the AeroVironment Switchblade. Plus it's really just a logical extension of the missile, a concept which has been around for the better part of a century.
>5.
Seems like more trouble than it's worth when a camera on a mast/boom would be just as effective an not need constant changing of batteries.

But a small drone as a spotter for indirect fire, now that is a useful concept. It's already in use with artillery but I think it could be quite handy for mortar teams as well.
>OMG no countermeasures can stop a drone except muh birds
Please, the eagles are only being used because it's the most politically-correct "solution" to the drone "problem" on the Eurocuckian continent. Guns are out of the question due to cultural adversity to them, and jamming would interfere with everyone's smartphones. But in a combat zone both these methods would be plenty effective against your typical consumer-grade UAV.
>>
http://www.wired.com/2012/09/suicidal-drone-6-miles-away/
Combine this with Daria's new neural electronic interface and swarm robotics
>>
>>29308515
it would be a drone with a gun system on a gyro mount. the predator king drone.
>>
>>29308566
Net launcher desu
http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2016-03/04/anti-drone-net-launcher-downs-quadcopters
>>
>>29308374

See video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXofjoK9Hu8

Drones rely on radio transmissions to operate. Video related is going to be the most likely answer to neutralizing the threat.
>>
>>29308562
I'm not sure I'd call it an invention, but that's the kind of thing I'm talking about

imagine a number of those things coming at you

>>29308566
we havn't seen drones actually rolled out yet though aside from in techincal roles though

as far as countermeasures, sure a gun will kill a drone, but how many men shooting in the air would it take
consider that a drone could gain altitude then detatch a payload

stationary turrets with shotguns rounds would probably be best

>>29308587
but that system would be heavy, becase it would need electronic sensors controls and stabilisers

sure you could do it, and you probably would
but it wouldn't get the upper hand against smaller drones, especially in numbers

you would be better off using suicide drones against each other
>>
>>29308681
much touted, but I have my doubts

I've never seen any anti-drone jammer that has been indipendatly tested
let alone a jammer that works on a drone designed not to be jammed

dones designed to evade jammers could be simply programed to hover when they loose signal, to only accept coded signals, or accept different kinds of signals simultaneously

or they could be self guiding, or pre-programed
maybe like cruise missiles some combination
>>
>>29308374
RADIO JAMMING EXISTS STUPID
>>
>>29308753
radio jamming does work especially on commercial drones. broadband jamming exists making "coded" or anti jamming signals worthless.
>programed to hover when they loose signal
they drift in wind, you can jam GPS so there is no way around this, they are piss easy targets hovering.
>self guiding, or pre-programed
gps jamming exists, there is not waypoint system yet that doesn't rely on GPS.
>>
File: 99.jpg (79KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
99.jpg
79KB, 620x387px
>>29309912
This . This is why manned AFVs, aircrafts and infantry use couriers and pigeons not radios.
>>
1. durable drones that stick permanent to surfaces and make a live feed CCTV system in combat zones
Just send a Predator with a FLIR pod.
2. drones with laser designators
Above.
3. drones that carry poisonous gas, for assassinations as well as for area clearing
Only terrorist groups will do this.
4. cheap drones with an anti infantry charge, basically a flying grenade
http://www.popularmechanics.com/flight/drones/a18032/hero-30-uvision-israeli-drone/

5. active protection for tanks, to detect IR and infered spots on the surface of the tank; maybe even as a form of active defence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VrAUTP6rTg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpmcmKwWzYo
>>
Turn every ground vehicle into a makeshift SPAAG
problem solved
>>
>>29310142
none of those are drones you dim witted moron. there are point and shoot jammers which are very effective against drones and not any of the things which you listed.
stay stupid pal.
>>
>>29310327
Only stupid here is you. I never seen anyone in the Army who used any radios they are too unreliable for real war. Radio is for hipster faggots with iPhones.
>>
>Nothing on radar
>Suddenly, you hear multiple sonic booms as a swarm of jet powered drones designed specifically to utilize the Ground Effect strafe the battlefield at ludicrous speeds below the radar
>They all released explosive/incendiary devices as they flew by, killing and burning everything in sight
>>
File: 1410539253486.webm (603KB, 432x346px) Image search: [Google]
1410539253486.webm
603KB, 432x346px
>>29310676
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.