[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in walnut creek California, are there any local laws that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: 8mm crates 002_1.jpg (47KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
8mm crates 002_1.jpg
47KB, 640x480px
I live in walnut creek California, are there any local laws that prohibit the amount of ammunition that can be shipped to me? im looking to get a crate of 900 rounds of 8mm from SG ammo but I just want to make sure ATF doesnt come knocking. I know there is something about handgun ammo needing to be registered or some shit but i figure 8mm wouldnt fit into that category.
>>
you'll need to check your county law.
>>
Ive already looked it up and it seems like i should be good to go, but I just want to cover everything
>>
File: Russians in Afghanistan 1.jpg (127KB, 800x597px) Image search: [Google]
Russians in Afghanistan 1.jpg
127KB, 800x597px
>coming to 4chan for legal advice
>>
I guess i should have worded it differently. I am more looking to see if anyone in california, or by some miracle someone in contra costa county, has ordered from sgammo or knows if they will ship to me. the website just said chekc your local laws and there was no mention of out of state sale of ammo in my municipal code so i dont really know.
>>
>>29266426
i live in concord, california. for walnut creek, there aren't any city or state laws, but contra costa prohibits ammunition from being ordered by mail or online catalog for delivery to unincorporated areas of the county.

also AIM surplus will not ship you any ammo at all.
>>
>>29266426
also the ATF has nothing to do with ammunition if they aren't destructive devices or explosives. your local law enforcement would handle that.

there's also no ammunition registry (although there's the ballot initiative for permits, background checks, disallowing all ammo sales from out of state entirely, limiting who can sell ammo, raising taxes on ammo, and limiting the amount of type of ammo you can buy/manufacture/own)
>>
>>29266426
Many Ammo sites will clearly say: NO SHIPMENTS TO MD, NY, CT, DC, etc.
>>
well i live in the city of walnut creek and it is incorporated in Contra Costa County so im gonna go for it i guess. sgammo doesnt ship to SF berekely or oakland but everywhere else is fair game they said.
>>
>>29266671
do it faggot
>>
File: 1451615493291.jpg (135KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451615493291.jpg
135KB, 640x640px
>/k/ommandos
>in MY hometown

Gotta say, I wouldn't have guessed.
>>
>>29266754
do you live in WC right now? I need recommendations of places to shoot because Panoche is closed april-october and there are no ranges still open that i know of
>>
>>29266827

You could try Griswold hills.

Or just drive offroad for about ten minutes where people won't care.
>>
>>29266426
General state fire code prohibits storage of more than 10,000 rounds in one home without fire chief permission. Ammo can't be shipped to Los Angeles, Oakland and some other counties/cities. If you buy +1000 rounds a week, the police must be notified.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>29267925
What the fire chief doesn't know won't hurt him
>>
>>29266426
I was born at John Muir, mahhhhh nigggga. Grew up on Quiet Place Dr off of Walnut Ave. mahhhhh nigggga
>>
>>29266754
My other nigga. Walnut acres elementary.
>>
>>29268046
>>29268055
>>29266754
all these /k/ommandos in my backyard, what is going on?
>>
>>29266999
griswold hills is where i have gone before, i just call it panoche foothills. i thought it was closed in april?
>>
>>29266827
Are the based guy with the Partisan K98?
>>
>>29267925
thats pretty good information to know, but unless i get a massive wage raise at my job, which wont happen, i can barely afford 1000 rounds let alone 10000
>>
>>29269806
yeh
>>
>>29269832
IM GLAD YOU TOOK MY ADVICE ON BUYING MORE AMMO YOU FUCKING BEAUTIFUL FAGGOT. YOU BETTER NOT HAVE SHOT THAT T*RKSHIT
>>
Northgate alum, you'll be fine bruh!
>>
>>29269841
lol i sold that to a guy for 10 cents a round. he's gonna melt them down and turn them into modern art or something #feelthebern
>>
File: End it.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
End it.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>29269855
>>
>>29266548
>contra costa prohibits ammunition from being ordered by mail or online catalog
Okay, how the fuck does this not violate the Commerce Clause and where is the resultant class-action lawsuit?
>>
>>29266426
I'd contact your state attny general and county sheriff to find that out bud.
>>
>>29269873
I misspoke, i basically was looking up laws because some faggots on calguns were all "HURR CONTRA COSTA DONT ALLOW AMMO" and i believed them. turns out its totally fine. already placed my order.
>>
>>29266548
I have bought from AIM when I lived in they bay
>>
>>29269873
>>29269903
Contra Costa County has an ordnance requires that a dealer keep a sales log for ammunition which the buyer must sign.

The ordnance, however, only applies in unincorporated areas of the county.

Guess how many out of state dealers comply with this?

82-36.1002 - Record of ammunition sales.

No firearm dealer shall sell or otherwise transfer ownership of any ammunition without at the time of purchase recording the following information on a form to be prescribed by the director: the date of the transaction; the name, address and date of birth of the transferee; the transferee's driver's license or other identification number and the state in which it was issued; the brand, type and amount of ammunition transferred; and the transferee's signature.

Sportsman's Guide, AIM Surplus, and some others do not ship to unincorporated parts of CCC (Pacheco for example). For incorporated areas, like WC, Concord, Clayton, Pleasant Hill, Martinez, Alamo, et c it's perfectly fine, although some won't do it anyway. AIM refused to ship me any ammo (8k rounds) because I live in Concord.

Also I would shoot with more /k/ommandos, but I don't really know of any local ones. I have a dealer/manufacturer buddy that has fun post-samples but with USI closed it's annoying to go elsewhere.
>>
>>29272123
honestly i think we need a norcal meetup sometime soon. I mean everyone who wants to come is invited but i just need to meet more people near me who are into guns. I have no family members and all my friends know about guns from cawadoody and movies. Its kind of a lonely hobby in california.
>>
>>29273117
sorry, no family members who are into guns is what i meant.
>>
>>29266548
925 here I order my ammo online by the case with no problems. You should be good to go friend
>>
>>29273178
Meant for
>>29266539
>>
>>29273178
dope OP and 925 as well, here. like where are you guys coming from? has there just been a huge contigent of /k/ommandos in the east bay i didnt know about?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.