[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so, these exist http://www.nrafamily.org/articles/2 015/9/2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: america.jpg (42KB, 492x386px) Image search: [Google]
america.jpg
42KB, 492x386px
so, these exist

http://www.nrafamily.org/articles/2015/9/29/a-helping-hand-for-the-disabled-hunter/

costs only about $10-20k, my dad really wants one since it snows a lot at his place in wisconsin and he's getting older

anyone have experience with them?
>>
>for whatever reason, machine breaks
>disabled person is stuck in snowy environment with no means of transportation
>dies
>>
>>29228877
>does anyone have experience with a 10-20 thousand dollar tracked wheelchair
>on 4chan
anyone who says they do is lying without proof
>>
>>29228877
Couldn't this be easily replaced by an ATV & a snow machine?
I wouldn't want what is essentially a one-off wheelchair if I ever intended to use it, good luck getting spares. you can practically rebuild any cheap sled at tractor supply.
>>
>>29228903

>not carrying a radio

>>29228908

some off-brand ones are apparently covered by medicare, and they make their rounds at RV/snowmobile/etc expos
>>
>>29228931

ATVs can't be used indoors. He enjoys his rides to the bank (he currently has a normal motor scooter). These things will fit through doorways and around furniture.
>>
>>29228877
I don't know why but I feel like the disabled shouldn't be able to hunt

Such an imbalance in nature
>>
>>29228983

if you care about nature go live in sweden
>>
>>29228956
Do you want muddy tracks tearing up your floors? How can he clean them before he goes back inside? Get out and spay them off?

If he already has an indoor scooter then fantastic, keep a cane in the basket and hobble to your nice electric start Honda that was 1/4 the price.

Seriously this is not very useful, it's basically a slow snowmobile. If your granddad wants to hunt from a 4x4 then put a led sled on the front of his ATV.

There is no reason to have this unless you're physically incapable from breaking & accelerating an automatic atv, and judging by the fact that your grand pappy drives I'd say he can manage it.
>>
>>29228983
>first sentence
OK well op that is kind of rude

>second sentence
OK well op I actually agree with you.
>>
>>29228983
I'm find with disabled hunting, I've done a few hunts & fun shoots with DAV guys before, they absolutely love getting out of the hospital.

I just can't see this thing being useful when we've got other things that do the job better for cheaper.
>>
>>29229004

his home is mostly laminated floors, he won't care. Most stores won't either because they also have laminated or tile floors as well (and are used to snow slosh and mud in the winter with normal scooters)

normal ATVs are fun, but you can't use them inside
>>
>>29228983
>be majestic lion
>king of the jungle
>get shot by an obese spastic in a mobility scooter 200 yards away
>>
>>29229024

it's specifically for people who don't want to transfer from the vehicle to a mobility scooter when they want to go inside
>>
>>29228983
>I don't know why but I feel like the disabled shouldn't be able to hunt
>Such an imbalance in nature
Easy fix.
Disabled people should only be able to hunt disabled animals. Of course, disabled humans would have no tracked wheelchairs or some shit like that. They will crawl with the rifles on their backs, like God wanted it to be for them.

Also, birds should only be allowed to be hunted by shooters riding in helicopters, or aircraft on which guns are mounted. Dogfight-style.

Now, one may ask: "should fish be fished only by divers?"
No, it's the fishies' fault if they're too stupid to get baited.
>>
File: 1443725374765.png (84KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1443725374765.png
84KB, 240x228px
>>29229052
>>
File: 1456375501420.jpg (36KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1456375501420.jpg
36KB, 400x386px
This whole thread is fucking hilarious
>>
>>29229190

that wasn't my intention, I thought these things were more popular in the rest of the country like they are up here
>>
>>29229052
Asshole
>>
>>29229224
>first day on 4chan, hope they like me
>>
>>29229223
Lol no
But they look fun
>>
>>29229238
>I'm a nigger everyone
>>
>>29229258
As far as tripfags go, you're probably one of the worst. Drop it and minimize the damage.
>>
>>29228877
Wheelchair-bound anon here.

>>29228903
I don't know why, but power wheelchairs are built like construction equipment. You can beat the shit out of them and they'll keep going. The passenger will get hurt before the chair will.

>>29228877
Find it very hard to believe they only cost $20k. I have a bare-bones no-fun chair and it was $20k. Maybe that's $20k after your health insurance helps out, but even then.

>>29228931
Spares are a problem even with boring normal power chairs. Where I live, the maintenance guy only comes around once a week. So if something breaks I could be stuck putting up with it for 6 days. Most parts are also not the kinds of thing a clever handyman could jury-rig.
>>
>>29229320

>Find it very hard to believe they only cost $20k.

http://www.tankchair.com/tankchair/

>Starting at $18,900
>>
>>29229320
Battery Tech here who used to work on them. (Ausfag though)

This anon is correct.
>>
>>29229305
Never
>>
>>29228983
>durr human intelligence and technology have no bearing on advantages over other species hurr

Kill yourself, preferably by drowning or jumping off a large cliff. You know, since guns create such an imbalance in nature.
>>
>>29229367
>http://www.tankchair.com/tankchair/
Oh damn. That's sweet.

Love the wide base; I often feel like I'm gonna tip over on uneven ground in mine.
>>
>>29229416
Obese spastic detected
>>
File: 1455829945847.png (107KB, 151x379px) Image search: [Google]
1455829945847.png
107KB, 151x379px
Better question is /k/ how do we weaponize the blitzkreiger fatfanny? Maybe up armor and add a main gun?
> are you disabled?
> are you just a fat neckbeard that identifies sexually as a self crewed micro tank?
> well boy do we have the thing for you "medically obese" individuals
> behold the blitzkreiger fatfanny the ultimate in protection as you advance into the dorito isle
> also the cupholder fits a super extra large fountian drink
>>
>>29229445

can't mount a gun to it directly otherwise it's a DD

that said, you could just put a gun rest on it and use an AR with one of them crank triggers and a belt feed upper
>>
>>29229475
Yea DD
> disabled device
>>
>>29229052
we cyborg now
>>
>>29229561

the scrap company I used to work at had a similar one but for a front loader. The guy who used it was a longtime friend of the owner so he got an electronic joystick (as opposed to larger levers) installed rather than being let go. Also the cabin was modified so his safety chair would lock into place (he would deboard at a modified loading dock)
>>
File: looking-at-your-phone.jpg (396KB, 1200x897px) Image search: [Google]
looking-at-your-phone.jpg
396KB, 1200x897px
>>29228903
If only there was some type of portable wireless communication device that could be carried personally be everyone.
>>
>>29228877
Reminds me of Hammond's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejkmQffNYjk
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.