[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any advice to give on air travel with weapons, besides don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Nvuk1l5.jpg (233KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Nvuk1l5.jpg
233KB, 1024x768px
Any advice to give on air travel with weapons, besides don't do it? Any things I should definitely keep my eyes open for and make sure the concierge ladies provide me with?

I am travelling from California to Colorado, and back. My rifle is California legal, but it looks pretty scary. I'm not worried about leaving California, but coming back, will I run into trouble?
>>
Pucker up, pretty boy,
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGjddG5Owsc
>>
>>29221128
where are you flying out of? cause i flew out of, and back into san diego no problem
>>
>>29221209
Either San Diego or Palm Springs, not sure yet.

What was the process like?
>>
>>29221236
wicked easy.

1) Get a hard sided crush proof case
2) get a bunch of master locks for said case that only you have the keys for (this is federal law)
3) fill case with guns
4) lock case
5) go to airport
6) DO NOT DO CURBSIDE CHECK IN
7) approach check in counter inside the terminal
8) Tell them you have firearms to declare
9) they will ask you to open the case to verify clear and safe
9) Oblige them
10) close and lock case again
11) TSA now inspects your locked case (they just wipe it down for explosive residue and do not need the keys
12) congratulations! you have sucessfully checked your arsenal onto a plane
>>
>>29221297
Wow that's great. I already have a Pelican 1700, I think I will buy a couple more master locks just for redundancy

I don't really think the TSA gives a shit about whether my rifle is california legal or not, it's none of their concern.
>>
>>29221236
TIPS: the amount of guns you can put in one case varies from airline to airline. For example; JetBlue has a super shitty policy where you can only put 2 rifles OR 2 pistols in one case and you cannot mix one rifle and one pistol. Southwest on the other hand was wicked chill, I had 2 AR uppers, one lower, a P229, P220 as well as a few accessories and magz for each
>>
>>29221297
Not OP, but good to know. I haven't been in a situation where I've air-traveled with any of my guns, but I'm glad to know it's not a horrible experience.
>>
>>29221236
A guy (one of the mods in fact) on calguns had issues flying out of san diego.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=912511
>>
>>29221319
The Firearms Owners Protection Act protects you from state laws while traveling with guns. Also, just dont even bother trying to bring ammo its a pain and often there are limits on how much you can travel with.
>>
File: 1444103633117.jpg (61KB, 509x509px) Image search: [Google]
1444103633117.jpg
61KB, 509x509px
>>29221327
>dat policy
>>
>>29221128
>>29221128
whats the story with this picture?
>>
>>29221353
I wasn't planning on it, apparently ammo is easier to buy in colorado, I will just shoot it all hehe

>>29221327
Ah that's good to know, I am not sure on the airliner yet, but that's pretty pants on head. I am taking one rifle only, I have no idea if I am bringing anything back with me though.
>>
>>29221369
just some seals on a field op IIRC, it's not a stolen case full of full auto Mk18s, if that's what you were thinking
>>
>>29221128
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/transporting-firearms-and-ammunition

http://help.jetblue.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/webisapi.dll?New,Kb=askBlue,case=obj(2228)

https://www.southwest.com/html/customer-service/baggage/special-luggage-pol.html

here is the TSA rules as well as jet blue and south west. Just google your airlines name with firearms ex JetBlue Firearms and you should get what you are looking for. Make sure you follow your carriers rules EXACTLY.
>>
File: 2015-12-20 22.15.24.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-20 22.15.24.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>29221319
that is the exact case i used. buy 4 masterlocks for it and youre good to go

pic related, what i checked
>>
>>29221415
just substitute the j-frame for a p229

glad i could help. I was very iffy when i first tried it but it is way less stressful than i thought it would be
>>
>>29221415
Nice blasters man

Is it required that I use four locks or is one or two fine? Locks are expensive!
>>
I thought master locks are shit? I've been watching lock picking vids lately and they all make fun of masterlock.

Although I guess no one will have the opportunity to quickly pick 4 locks at an airport.
>>
>>29221432
put a lock in every hole on the outside of the case you can find packs of the smaller master locks that work fine
>>
>>29221444
I'm more worried about cutting four locks with bolt cutters. I'm pretty sure even if you have a new pair of commercial cutters you will have a hard time by the third one
>>
>>29221444
the marginally skilled workers loading planes are not lock pics.
>>
>>29221490
>>29221492
Well, there are videos of guys quickly opening master locks with just wires through a drain hole or using a hammer rapping the side. I guess just make sure not to buy those specific models.
>>
>>29221444
>>29221456
masterlocks are complete garbage and can be picked in under 1 minute each.

use abloy locks.
>>
>>29221353
Airports are considered american soil not californian or what not, same as an international terminal before customs is not considered America
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.